Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

PvP easy fruits

My point is that there is already moon metal out there that isn't causing pvp, like raiding and artifact recharging using this fancy anvil would only ever be done when no one is online.

You are crazy to think the moon metals are not fought over. Yes in a way they are not always fought over because as of late there has been a hold on the area which allows one side to gather more numbers. But on days that the time is right and numbers are the same there are fights over it. Fact is everyone has for the longest time been trying to get a foot hold of the HOTA area.

But its one thing you dont understand. By adding more mini games that means smaller groups will feel that they have a chance to win one while lets say HOTA is going on, a smaller group might think that most players will be at HOTA and not at the new mini game, that opens up chances for the larger numbers to either split up and do both or just stick to doing 1. Eventually down the line as population grows there will be more action.

No one plays here cept for fanboys, Those of us who have been here since the early days, now i have not played consistently till now due to the fact there is ###### to do on chaos and chaos has never really changed since 2007. That is pretty sad when you think about it. Yes a few new comers have joined in since 07, but you can pretty much count those new people on a few hands, for the majority the chaos population is made up of the same old people.

NEW BLOOD is whats needed, and we are not going to see it unless we start seeing some changes and additions to chaos. Rolf needs to stop listening to those of you who do not like change. You might not feel like fighting over a new mini game but i have 10 people with me alone who are ready to do so. Look at the amount of players asking for a lower pmk count, those are players all wanting to try something different/see something different. Just because you don't like the idea (Im not really directing this comment to you just saying in general) doesn't mean the change shouldnt be made... Fact is you or anyone voting against changes like these means that you would have never taken part to begin with, while there are at least a good dozen others who at least will take part.

• Like 1

Hi,

a lot of people seem to agree that a few changes to PvP might increase activity quite a lot and I'm interested in your top 5 suggestions. If someone else has written the same or a similar suggestion please post anyways so I see which ones are most popular.

No long explanations since there isn't time for long implementation anyways. Try to think fairly simple fixes adding maybe one variable or two.

I had a different write up about the simple fixes, but i think ill just wait on that for a little bit of a later date.

Here are some bullet point EASY simple fixes that can possibly spice up PVP.

• Change how bonuses work from titles to an influenced based system. (The further away from your kingdoms influence you are the less Bonus received) This system encourages reason to fight over influence, and it also encourages possible new pmk's a way to claim a piece of land and fight to keep/expand it.

With bonuses being changed to bullet point 1, this allows changing the PMK system to what it recently was a few months ago 15 members needed to form and be able to ally with other pmk's. Bonuses will no longer be a problem out in the battle field due to influences all being different distances.

Add in another HOTA type mini game, the Flag locations can be stationary, but the rewards should all be dynamic. The Flags can be set up into 9 regions. The rewards should not be in actual items, but be rewards for individual villages. (This encourages villages to actually work together and will also encourage being a part of a village instead of 5million single owned villages we currently have within all the PMK's. (5million might be a little exaggerated but the concept is true, there has always been to many Homestead type villages.) Rewards can be things like 1 second timer off crafting to all villagers, 20% increase of remaining full with food and water longer. Little rewards that do make a difference but are not game breaking. 

Make weapons damage type actually mean something towards different types of armor. Just like armor types now have protections, balance out weapons so that more then just longswords are used on the battle field.

Thats it for now, just a few things to think about. Much Much more needs to be fixed but a start is good enough.

Edited by MaurizioAM
  • Like 1

IF you want to encourage PvP on Epic, make chaos PVP more appealing so people get the feel for it and go through the effort to roll a new character.

1) Chaos portal - for quick travel from freedom to chaos and back

It should not allow you to take any items - can be a portal like an epic one or a karma spell like the home teleport, but a fast way to get there and back.

2) Pwnage Protection

Noobs should not be able to be attacked by anyone but noobs, eg if the combat rating is too different they can't attack each other

Needs more rules eg if the lower player is on their deed, in HOTA, attacks first etc the higher must be allowed to defend their own

3) Tower guards should only sometimes arrack your mount and sometimes you, they should also back off sooner, particularly for low level players and if your running away

2) Pwnage Protection

Noobs should not be able to be attacked by anyone but noobs, eg if the combat rating is too different they can't attack each other

Needs more rules eg if the lower player is on their deed, in HOTA, attacks first etc the higher must be allowed to defend their own

Spies more spies alts !! Read it once again and think in how many ways it can be abused...

Spies more spies alts !! Read it once again and think in how many ways it can be abused...

Agreed.

IF you want to encourage PvP on Epic, make chaos PVP more appealing so people get the feel for it and go through the effort to roll a new character.

1) Chaos portal - for quick travel from freedom to chaos and back

It should not allow you to take any items - can be a portal like an epic one or a karma spell like the home teleport, but a fast way to get there and back.

2) Pwnage Protection

3) Tower guards should only sometimes arrack your mount and sometimes you, they should also back off sooner, particularly for low level players and if your running away

There as so many problems with this statement that, I'm wondering if this player has in fact played wurm, and not Runescapre or whatnot before posting here.   

First of, Chaos isn't an instance or whatever, people live here, not being able to kill the local noobs who grief your roads or cut down your grape bushes, is a bit of an issue so no way.  No way in hell.   

Portals are all fine and dandy, but tbh the sailing mechanic is very important to Wurm's sense of scale, and makes things more of a challenge.  So no, we already have enough teleport mechanics in the game, no need to link the servers together with them.    If you want to come here, you get in your boat and make the trip, ya it takes a while and I think that is a lot better of a consideration, than "not being able to bring anything through the portal".    

Tower guards just keep getting nerfed, and nerfed, and nerfed.   Nope, hell their speed has even been nerfed so Jimmy's little spy alt can now outrun them anyways so I don't know what you are complaining about.    If you don't want them to attack your horse as much, tame a bison.  They will go for your bison much more often then your horse.   

• Like 1

Cant everyone just shut the ###### up and play the game? Is it really that hard to just play the game? Honestly you're like a bunch of kids in a playground, just ###### play the game and stop arguing over stupid concepts and ideas which you all want to have in your 'Ideal world'.

Shut up, play the game, have some fun.

We're into March, and I think this is still the worst post of the year. Telling everyone to shut up and play the game how it is in a thread requesting player feedback by Rolf.

• Like 1

1) More active shield grinding ability - bashing helps more?

2) Speed up large carts to carry supplies for point 3)

3) Temporary spawn point on a priest.

4) Dragon armour and how it makes people reluctant to PVP.

5) Remove amulets.

Edited by Jenshiye

1) More active shield grinding ability - bashing helps more?

2) Speed up large carts to carry supplies for point 3)

3) Temporary spawn point on a priest.

4) Dragon armour and how it makes people reluctant to PVP.

5) Remove amulets.

The dragon armor problem is an issue because of how limited a supply of the stuff is and how much people inflate the prices, we've been trying to get Rolf to institute a dragon respawn system for years but the whole dragon armor stuff is getting on insane levels. It really along with farwalkers makes PvP and in some ways Wurm in general way too much Pay to Win.   That's the problem right there.  

Anyways I have no idea what you mean about a temp spawn point on a priest, if it involves some sort of teleport system, well we have enough of those seems kinda redundant.   

The rest I pretty much agree with, shield training is about as stupid a grind as it gets, bashing training doesn't give enough skill ticks to really have a chance to catch up with anyone in a reasonable amount of years.   

Farwalker amulets...  meh  about the most annoying thing on Chaos.    The happiest few hours of my time in wurm were where I thought I was going to get a farwalker amulet for Christmas.   LOL, would have actually been a good solution, leveled the playing field for everyone, but TBH the real solution I'd like best is for the damm things to be removed entirely, or at least not able to be used in enemy local.  

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 2

Hi Rolf,

Not sure if you are using this thread for ideas anymore... however:

1. Elevation Map Reset/New Map (I know many people don't like the idea, but the majority of PvP happened in the first few months of Elevation... Due to skills and a new map).

2. Collapse all mines on Hota.

3. Not keen on the Horse ratio, makes breeding a pain! More horses, more PvP maybe... I'm not sure?

Cheers, Moon

• Like 2

I changed my mind, there are no PvP easy fruits, if you want to make it work you must devote a lot of time to reinvent or refine it,

I changed my mind, there are no PvP easy fruits, if you want to make it work you must devote a lot of time to reinvent or refine it,

I came back to read this thread again, and I reached the same conclusion as you.

No more patches on top of hotfixes, on top of quick changes on top of ninja updates, please.

• Like 1

Right now, as it stands to me.

PVP is pretty boring, you are either WAY more powerful than someone else or they are more powerful than you.   The gear choices are limited to two basic choices, 1- longsword and shield, or archery.

Armor choices are.... plate, plate, and oh yeah, plate.  

There is no variation.

• Like 2

I would have laughed if this had involved fruit.

I would have laughed if this had involved fruit.

giving moon metal would be better then fruit of course

1. Freedom and Epic merger. Total separation of PvE and PvP communities is a major design flaw. Imagine EVE Online where players from highsec would't be able to access nullsec with their regular characters and visa versa. Less segregation = move pvp opportunities. Epic cluster should be connected to Freedom through Chaos by sea and there should be single character db.

2. Resource redistribution to balance economy. Freedom&Epic max material QLs should be rebalanced [with the idea #1 in mind] in the spirit of "no risk = average materials, some risk = good materials, lots of risk = best materials". That gives incentive to go to Epic territories to try and get better materials than Freedom can provide.

Don't really need 3, 4 or 5 for now. Everything else goes from those 2 points. There should be a single economy for whole Wurm. There should be safe heaven for carebears, playground for casual pvpers and sandbox for hardcore pvpers. Carebears should have enough space to live in their paradise, their territory also serves as crafting&trading center. On the other hand better resources are located in dangerous places and pvpers can provide them to the market.

Seriously, with such small numbers of people playing you have no right to segregate your players. Single economy, single character db is the only way to go.

Edited by Akane

1. Freedom and Epic merger. Total separation of PvE and PvP communities is a major design flaw. Imagine EVE Online where players from highsec would't be able to access nullsec with their regular characters and visa versa. Less segregation = move pvp opportunities. Epic cluster should be connected to Freedom through Chaos by sea and there should be single character db.

I like dis, epic would ###### though if they where connected to chaos, let us take toons form chaos to epic, one way with no gear. Mabey add a slight stat debuff on body stamina? Or all skills wit a 3x

• Like 1

2. Resource redistribution to balance economy. Freedom&Epic max material QLs should be rebalanced [with the idea #1 in mind] in the spirit of "no risk = average materials, some risk = good materials, lots of risk = best materials". That gives incentive to go to Epic territories to try and get better materials than Freedom can provide.

Don't really need 3, 4 or 5 for now. Everything else goes from those 2 points. There should be a single economy for whole Wurm. There should be safe heaven for carebears, playground for casual pvpers and sandbox for hardcore pvpers. Carebears should have enough space to live in their paradise, their territory also serves as crafting&trading center. On the other hand better resources are located in dangerous places and pvpers can provide them to the market.

Seriously, with such small numbers of people playing you have no right to segregate your players. Single economy, single character db is the only way to go.

+1 I think that merging server could be very good.

This is so wrong in many ways, first if we would like eve style then we should be playing eve. Second as per your proposal you don´t want more pvp, you want easy preys to feast on. Third you have the serious misconception about the ability to force pve population into pvp game style, and this is not true, in fact Chaos exist, is connected to Freedom, and have moon metals, as a incentive and yet pve folks don´t seem like having any interest in cross the border servers. Fourth there is already a single economy for pvp and pve players, it works between the real pvp server Chaos and the rest of pve Freedom servers, if you wonder why epic economy is separated, is because in epic people have the easy mode and will be very unfair to allow transferring of money and goods to the rest of the servers where people needs to put some serious effort to get/make good stuff.

So whatever is the problem epic pvp have right now, you need to find a way of solving it without ruining the game for the 75% of the paying customers.

• Like 1

1. Remove CR nerf from the home server.

2. Delete mission for home serwers.

3. Remove protection merchants on epic home server.

4. Delete information on the number of players on each server ( delete xml ! ).

5. Reduce silver cost and number of players required to establish PMK to 15 player ( 3 kingdom title for 15 player, 4 title for 20 player, 5 title for 25 player etc. ).

6. Reduce the number of horses leading and reduce speed when leading horse.

7. Bonus for playing at elevation ( no idea ).

8. Easy to take guard towers ( small pvp ).

9. Reduce max speed knarr.

10. In the north add a new continent without local chat ( new elevation ).

The biggest problem with merging the servers is the skill and stat differences due to the epic servers getting a boost for playing there.

Wiping the character base on Epic would be equally bad as you would drive off roughly half the population.   Along with nerfing them. 

But I think the servers should be merged.  And the idea of another LARGER PVE server just makes me sad.  I am not a big PvPer but what is the point of playing on a PvE only sandbox server?   Build amazing things, then get bored and go do something else?  Go play Minecraft. 

Make it so it doersnt take two weeks to be able to breed and raise a horse to ride. Horse population is a mjor factor in pvp. One big skirmish can decimate a villages horse population and to get back to be able to pvp takes a couple weeks to raise new horses.... This is a major issue on epic where it slows down the pace of pvp.

Following suggestions would help for Epic, by adding more variety to the game. I imagined wurm PvP differently before joining Elevation.

Currently, generic Wurm Online land battle looks like this:

- Some guys on horses find some other guys on horses.

- Horses start dying, either due to archery or due to one group rushing in and killing them in melee.

- People start picking targets and killing them

- One group is slaughtered, other group loots remains of the gear and goes home

When it techically could look more like your usual medieval-fantasy battle with less BS.

1. Remove some features allowing for metagaming, leading to PvP avoidance. For example - delay /who messages, or remove them completely to avoid seeing when somebody crosses server border. Leave or add some other features, making PvP more likely to happen (local, make information about battlecamps and towers more precise)

2. Add some more variety and color to the game, by implementing new armors and weapons, like steel scale, splint and ring armor, and...

3. Balance the weapons and armor stats so people would combine various armour pieces to achieve different results. Want to be more accurate with you bow? Drop that greathelm and plate vambraces, go wear some leather. Want to be tanky? Go rock that plate. Want to be agile and hit fast? Chain should be good for you. Make every type of armour somehow useful, based on penalties/bonuses to certain skills and or timers. (e.g. shooting a bow, casting spells) Introduce some sort of rock-paper-scissors mechanics to the game.

Rethink unused weapons like halberds, spears, shortswords in similar manner. Tweak special moves so they're actually useful in combat. Change focusing so it's actually useful for group PvP battles, not only in 1v1 situations.

4. Instead of making archery useless for taking down anything else than horses (...glance, glance, glance, glance, 5dmg hit, glance, glance...) - tweak it the way heavy knights won't be able to shoot others successfully. (3rd point says something about that) and make it actually useful in main combat, not only during the horse-killing phase.

5. Make activities leading to PvP more beneficial. Battlecamps - instead of a single tower, make it into some tents with palisade a campfire, chest. Add NPCs with actual lootable gear that will be some challenge to kill, drop in a chest with randomly generated loot, like copper coins, items, or other useful stuff. Make them less static like they should be, allow the defenders to come and help in order to recieve some sort of prize.

Instead of having all-around plate-wearing two-handed-sword-swinging bow-shooting longsword-and-shield-swapping horse-riding hit-taking damage-dealing knights divide people involved in combat so each and every one of them fills in their role on the battlefield and pvp is more complex, fun and colorful experience.

TL;DR version:

add more variety, rebalance stuff, encourage pvp by removing elements like /who and by tweaking the camps

rock paper scisors mechanics, more than one viable choice (being heavy knight on a horse).

edit:

Make it so it doersnt take two weeks to be able to breed and raise a horse to ride. Horse population is a mjor factor in pvp. One big skirmish can decimate a villages horse population and to get back to be able to pvp takes a couple weeks to raise new horses.... This is a major issue on epic where it slows down the pace of pvp.

Oh, or you could, well, make infantry combat possible. For example, during HOTAs, people would use shrines of the rush (which aren't used nowadays since only viable option of playing the game is being jack of all trades, and no game mechanic preserves you from doing that) when playing archer / infantryman role, and cavalry would still roll on their horses.

Edited by Arkhir
  • Like 4

Those are no easy fruits :P

No, those are easy fruits. Major part of my suggestion, being about balance and how combat works, is about variable or two.

Speaking of variables, there are none. Only variable you'll see is someone using an axe, maul or longsword.

Edited by Arkhir