Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

PvP easy fruits

Remove animal ratio on elevation, fighters go through a lot of mounts, if you add in pets, and animals used for grinding taming or shield skill or dominating, there's just not enough ratio to allow all that are needed.

Remove cooldowns on non pvp spells, you can already become tired from casting too much so there's no need to have extra time sinks.

Us players from Elevation made a deed on Serenity, The reputation system is so harsh. Olloch threw his carving knife at a boar and it added 10 reputation to our village, I don't think we'll ever be below 50 reputation.

I like gaeron post.. but if land is scarce, where a new pmk will develop?

Not talkin over exaggerated tiny :D

If you want more PvP then you have to ask "Why PvP?" or more specifically "Why PvP in Wurm?"

The original justification was WL vs BL then WL JK vs WL MR vs BL HotS and now PMK sort of based on one of the three templates. I've put up a separate suggestion which continues down this road.

The primary reason for PvP in Wurm, so far as I can see, is territory.  Its a land grab. Its rarely ever about wandering about and confronting a foe met at random on the map.

When the kingdoms have pushed against each other is when I've seen some of the best PvP. When HotS moved its capital close to the MR heartland we got the EV siege and everything that went on around it. When MR pushed up from HoM and The JK came west and a bit south to meet them we got the Purgatory Valley war. When Tonygreen went tunnelling mad we got the wars around Valhalla to name a few.

So if you want to increase territory contention then you need kingdoms close enough that they are if not forced into it then certainly encouraged..... To me that does suggest a new more obliging map perhaps smaller.

If you want to increase free-roaming random conflicts then you need spaces between the kingdoms to give people room to wander or to not make it prohibitive for them to ride into an enemy kingdom. Also on this point its ride, not walk. Walking around in an enemy kingdom is not a good idea. We are dependant on our transportation and cannot sensibly risk it. On Chaos now transportation is essential especially if you have Valrei spawns appear in front of you..... The game design shouts "GET OUT OF MY KINGDOM" but if you want that free form PvP it should be "COME ON IN....." The balance between kingdom safety and enabling PvP is a difficult one. No solution for this but its something that can be looked at.

A gentleman and a scholar as always. Gaeron should be a on the dev team tbh...

• Like 1

I got a few.

1. Balance BlackLight combat spells vs WhiteLights.

Give WL our attack spells and rt if you want combat items

Give BL priests inherit res stone that stacks with res stones, damage boost, healing spells, nimbleness if you want combat items

2. Remove timer on non combat spells, replacing armor asop/wa shouldnt be forced to wait 5 minutes, means it just takes longer to fixup an armor set.

3. Remove Home server combat nerf to stop silly servercrossings. Instead add a CR boost to Villagers(More then 24hrs a villager) inside their deed or deed perimiter. Why I say villagers and not alliance: Would endup trying to draw enemy into some of the huge perimiters out there for sneakily getting bonuses or suddenly invites to all other villages coming to defend. Why I say more then 24hrs a villager? ...to stop villagehoping for suddenly bonus. 

4. Make some armors/items faster to improve and some slower. a hardened leather set a wooden spear(please make them wieldable in one or two hands) and a shield shouldnt take to long to cookup compared to chain or plate atleast up to various QL levels.

5. Reserved.

Sounds good for me l0l

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

make enchants a lot easier.. no one wants to go out and lose their enchanted gear

• Like 3

I heard that drake armor decays away on epic, so maybe dragons could rarely spawn on elevation for players to fight over, since drake sets need more hide for imping. (disclaimer: I'm no expert in wurm PvP so this might be a bad idea and I don't realize it)

Edited by Farkas
  • Like 2

Yes please.

And also accounts that were just created, by lame users who have a known reputation of being so, just to make stupid irrelevant eggthrows.

Chlodovech seems like one of them, 3 posts, just someone else with an alt account, and incapable of phrasing anything politely or non passive aggressive.

Certain people have not the capacities to deal with a situation where they have no arguments to counter a point someone else made, instead of accepting they cannot make a decent response or step away they start playing the man instead of the ball. That type of person you can find in almost every discussion, in this case hypocrit too, doing what you accuse another of. At least you have another post on your record, as you imply the importance of that, but how is this discussion relevant to someone playing on Independence?

hay this sounds right.  Its not about ballanceing BL/WL, its not buffing/nurfing something to someones gain. 

I know I made a suggestion before, but I have been speaking to people since, and during a discussion with a friend he pointed out some things I think are key, and proposed a solution for them.

In every competitive game I have ever played online there are restrictions that prevents you from praying on the weak. This is also the only game that I have ever played that has such severe penalties for dying, which I believe is a major deterrent for potential pvpers. The proposed solution would be based on fs, and would hopefully be relatively easy to implement.

No skillgain/loss or looting/equipment loss if the FS of the participants is more then 5 points apart. 

If this was implemented, high level players who were "ganked" by low level toons would not lose anything, and low level players would not have as much to fear from those who's skills are vastly superior. If you died, it would still be annoying as you would respawn like normal (at a starter deed, your own deed, or one of the huge altars) and would still work to keep enemy alts from wandering around. I believe this would encourage people to seek out those who have similar levels of fighting skill, as they would then be able to loot each other, and allow combat between gravely mismatched players to be more enjoyable to the losing side, which would encourage them to engage instead of flee. The only thing I think should be stolen if players skill is more then 5 points apart is affinities, as there are already measures in place to prevent them from being abused.

I would also like to state that I agree with this sentence 100%. PvP should be about the combat and the thrill of it, not about the looting.

5) Get hold of some veteran BL players and find out why so many turned MR to feel they finally had a chance.

Not much of a vet. but let me tell you a story of a deed called Ran'ark........

For the love of god, can we please keep this thread to THOSE WHO ACTUALLY PVP PLEASE

• Like 1

For the love of god, can we please keep this thread to THOSE WHO ACTUALLY PVP PLEASE

Perhaps the reason Rolf posted this in the city hall, instead of on the pvp forums, was because he was hoping to get insight from those who do not currently pvp as to what would make them interested in doing so. If you truly want to increase pvp, then increasing the number of players who participate is generally considered a good idea, and if you want to look at ways to encourage more people to pvp, then you also need to understand why people currently do not. If you exclude people who do not currently pvp, then you have no idea as to why they don't participate, and you cannot properly make changes that will encourage them to try it.

• Like 4

Instead of creating arrows at low ql use the wooden shield mechanic and have it so that the arrow ql at creation depends on your carpentry and fletching + material ql. It takes way too long to imp 43 different items from low ql to 70+ql.

Edited by merce
  • Like 1

Perhaps the reason Rolf posted this in the city hall, instead of on the pvp forums, was because he was hoping to get insight from those who do not currently pvp as to what would make them interested in doing so. If you truly want to increase pvp, then increasing the number of players who participate is generally considered a good idea, and if you want to look at ways to encourage more people to pvp, then you also need to understand why people currently do not. If you exclude people who do not currently pvp, then you have no idea as to why they don't participate, and you cannot properly make changes that will encourage them to try it.

This. Especially on Chaos.

There are literally hundreds of us on Freedom with the stats to bring something to the PvP party. Even if we're just sitting behind dirtwalls all day churning out the armour and enchants so that the frontline fighters can take greater risks.

What's going to increase PvP more: a change that mean the current handful of players fight each other a bit more often, or a change that would persuade a couple of hundred Freedomers to take the plunge and join in?

Cutting 90% of the Wurm population out of the conversation is foolish; we have the power to transform Wurm PvP just by turning up, and you don't want to hear what we have to say? Your loss.

• Like 8

This. Especially on Chaos.

There are literally hundreds of us on Freedom with the stats to bring something to the PvP party. Even if we're just sitting behind dirtwalls all day churning out the armour and enchants so that the frontline fighters can take greater risks.

What's going to increase PvP more: a change that mean the current handful of players fight each other a bit more often, or a change that would persuade a couple of hundred Freedomers to take the plunge and join in?

Cutting 90% of the Wurm population out of the conversation is foolish; we have the power to transform Wurm PvP just by turning up, and you don't want to hear what we have to say? Your loss.

What watkins is saying that some of the balance changes that freedomers suggest, like protunia for example, actually damage the gameplay of a PvP server and can ruin core aspects of it.

He wants peoples insight on what would make them play, but he doesn't want people that don't play making suggestions for a server they will never play just to make a suggestion simply to troll those who play there.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

Actually no. Those that PvP are already PvPing. Rolf needs to know what to do to get more people PvPing, not the ones that already do it. If you're already PvPing, then if Rolf doesn't change anything you'll probably do it. But if Rolf makes PvP more appealing, then more people will do it. And frankly, Rolf can afford to completely ruin the current PvP system and have those that already PvP give it up, as long as it attracts all those that don't PvP (which is 2/3 premium players).

What watkins is saying that some of the balance changes that freedomers suggest, like protunia for example, actually damage the gameplay of a PvP server and can ruin core aspects of it.

He wants peoples insight on what would make them play, but he doesn't want people that don't play making suggestions for a server they will never play just to make a suggestion simply to troll those who play there.

Sure, I get what you're saying.

Troll suggestions notwithstanding, I think the point still stands. If the scope of the OP includes attracting new people to PvP as well as improving the experience of those already there, and if the pool of potential PvPers is much larger than the pool of current ones, then your best chance of improving PvP is if that is reflected in the discussion.

Not trying to be dramatic here, but maybe there are easy changes that wouldn't compromise PvP gameplay and would persuade dozens of Freedomers to move over and enrich the PvP servers. But if Watkins has his way, you'll never know.

Edited by Pragmatist

Idea: horse charges. The further away from your target you are before starting the charge, the more damage it will do.

This would be great for PvP, because it would add more tactics for fighting. (Do we archer them, or go in and charge before they get a head start? Should we pull some of our warriors back to re-charge, or should they stay in the fight to help out?)

Charging at a person on a horse could have a chance of dismounting the person and stunning him/her for a few seconds.

To counter this, there could be a "ready position" that takes a few seconds to get into, but when in this position you can deflect a charge fairly well. Once in the ready position, you cannot move until you go out of the position. You have to face the person for the ready position to work. (you can still turn around freely)

It should also be possible to charge while sparing, and add a "jousting spear" that does no damage but still dismounts people, so people can have friendly jousting matches.

Edited by Farkas
  • Like 1

1) Remove CR nerf from home servers

or

2) implement a max ore quality on home servers

or

3) Skill level decay if above 70 and living long term on a home server.

2 is fine, but the others are just stupid and aren't going to happen.

Stop raiding homeservers if you hate them so much, lmao.

2 is fine, but the others are just stupid and aren't going to happen.

Stop raiding homeservers if you hate them so much, lmao.

2 is already partially in place: 50ql max for everything thats not iron.

And implementing this for iron would be a horrible idea. Think about it. Suddenly newbies would have a hella harder time getting into pvp. They would be greatly limited in making new gear.

2 is already partially in place: 50ql max for everything thats not iron.

And implementing this for iron would be a horrible idea. Think about it. Suddenly newbies would have a hella harder time getting into pvp. They would be greatly limited in making new gear.

Yeah, you're right.

They could always come to Ele though we give out free ###### all the time :)

Now it's also very easy to just tele between the starter deeds too.

The problem with having PvE players post in this thread is that it's asking for small, specific changes, and it's hard to make those kinds of suggestions unless you already know how the system works. Not to mention that in the eight years I've been playing, there has always been this rumor on the PvE servers that the moment you step on Chaos or Epic, you'll get your wooden shack kicked in by a bunch of bloodthirsty savages who want nothing more than to skin newbies alive and gnaw on their bones. Until that rumor is finally put to rest, you won't see a noticeable number of converts regardless of how you change PvP.

• Like 5

The problem with having PvE players post in this thread is that it's asking for small, specific changes, and it's hard to make those kinds of suggestions unless you already know how the system works. Not to mention that in the eight years I've been playing, there has always been this rumor on the PvE servers that the moment you step on Chaos or Epic, you'll get your wooden shack kicked in by a bunch of bloodthirsty savages who want nothing more than to skin newbies alive and gnaw on their bones. Until that rumor is finally put to rest, you won't see a noticeable number of converts regardless of how you change PvP.

Yeah, we need to get the freedom players to stop spreading those crazy rumors...

Edited by Brunwulf

Someone said pvp on Freedom. I'd be happy with limited freedom pvp with limited loot and raid options. Say for example, non consensual declared war on a village (village vs village) with a suitable silver cost to do so for xxx days (Eve like) with the ability to partially loot slain victims (1-5 random dropped items) and a limited window of opportunity where you can damage a target deed (say 30 minutes a day starting from when the first hostile player enters the deed perimeter.) 

I'd also buff deed spirit guards vs players in this instance to make sure that if you really wanted to mess with another player, you'd have to be pretty serious about it. 

No thank you. Keep PVP off freedom servers. We already have Chaos for that. :angry:

• Like 1