Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

PvP easy fruits

1.Increase the Damage you do to mine doors on bashing by 10 fold off deed.

2. remove Default kingdom start deeds and there ability to have a "king" to encourage more leaders  of these kingdoms to create pmk's (ofc adding bl pmks) this would split up numbers and prevent elevation becoming stagnant as new  kingdoms would conquer land and move as they grow or fall. adding an extra layer  to the game  with more diplomacy to the game e.g. alliances  and grudges!

3. Change the Cr Nerf mechanic on home servers a simple Cr buff if you get enemy in local for defenders if they get enemy there would mean players are safer but mobs guards and other things are equal to normal (an addition of green names a for under 20fs people aka green banana's there not ripe yet)

4. Lower the cool down on all pvp enchants and making sure bl and wl have there respective counter parts e.g. nim on weapons to truehit on weapons added.

5. Monthly resets of the rank table with small bonus gived to the top 10 on it e.g. 1kg of glimmer, addy.

Bonus

Revert the dragon imping to leather but still keeping a very low drop to bring back more Armour sets to pvp.

Edited by JockII
  • Like 1

Overhaul the way you control your character in PvP similar to WOW or Darkfall.  If you dare show someone outside of Wurm a pvp video they probably will not start playing this game.

The quick fix to pvp you are requesting does not exist, unfortunately.

+1

I've brought many friends here from WoW who left after a week because of the pvp mechanics are so bad.

Personally I loved the pvp system of Ultima Online, Was very diverse with weapon speeds and strength, single and dual wielding. I used a poisoned butcher knife which was extremely fast but did small damage.

Add different armor buffs like AoSP, protection vs cold, fire, poison.

Remove magic damage on AoSP armor. Physical damage is transfered but not magical.

• Reverse Gank Bonus (Tony gave a link somewhere in this thread)

Make each weapon noticeably effective to certain armours (mauls destroy plate, swords tear up leather etc etc)

Make stances worthwhile (you have to be in Aggressive stance to shield bash and if your in Defensive stance you can't be bashed)

Put a cooldown on farwalker use in enemy presence (if used in enemy local there will be an 8hr cooldown till next use)

Edited by Nosyt
  • Like 7

• #1 25 person PMK number on chaos to found

#2 BL PMKs

everything else I have is based on a idea for a small, 1/2 of exo size island to the west of chaos.

this land will be rich with treasures (A new Dragon) and monthly drops of newly created pvp related items. Something really worth going for.

Any PMK from Chaos can hold one deed on this server. Planted by the King of the PMK. (BL would have a PMK option at this point)

These lands should be somewhat empty of standard aggros and full of higher end, traited critters. Even server specific beasts, with incentive for killing.

I am more of a brainstormer, finishing the idea, well I haven't gotten there yet. This is what I have so far, and with the proper other mechanics changes, I can seethis Lost Island being great.

oh, also if you want more PvP, spawn JK some confidence please!

Edited by Rolandt

No one mentioned the over use of mines in pvp!?

- Fix the minehop issue

Like 5 times actually...

Some people seem to think that all kingdoms always have enough numbers for HotA, no matter the day, no matter the time.

Well, that isn't the case. Look at Elevation's twitter history; The kingdom with the biggest numbers always wins, and even when two kingdoms show up PVP is not guaranteed because either side is afraid to engage.

Increasing or altering the reward for HotA's is not going to automagically spawn 10 people in every kingdom that will always do every HotA. It will just help whichever kingdom is currently on top stay on top, since they will get all those rewards.

One thing I can see that might be worthwhile changing is allowing HotA pillars to spawn over (nearly) the entire map* like Merce already posted, this forces every kingdom to split up in smaller groups hunting for those pillars, on top of that it will make HotA's more interesting since they won't be over within 20 minutes which is typically the case on Elevation.

Splitting up in smaller groups allows the smaller kingdoms to participate too ---> more PVP.

Another thing that might make it more appealing for smaller kingdoms to participate in HotA's while at the same time reducing the snowballing effect of the kingdom on top gets all the HotA spoils:

Make it so that your alliance gets 1 glimmer/ada lump for conquering a pillar, and the winning alliance gets some extra + the QL will go up for them and they receive a HotA statue (and maybe rank for those who conquered pillars?).

This way you can "win" something even when there's no chance of winning for your team.

As for the battlecamps.. One thing that definitely needs changing is the cap timer, 2 minutes really is a joke, So many get capped every day on Elevation and even when they are maybe 3 minutes riding from our deed, by the time I'm on my horse it's already been capped and the enemies will be gone by the time you get there. I personally would love to see a slightly changed cap system where you have to only be within 20 tiles of the tower and can move freely while capping.  This way a cap timer of 10-15 minutes isn't that awful anymore. Perhaps you could add tiny bonusses to owning a camp (+2s rare window, 2% increased rare chance, ...) making it worthwhile to have them. Also, allow for building within a battlecamp's influence while we're at it, but also have people do increased damage while bashing buildings. It would be fun to "hold" a battlecamp like you would hold a deed. Hell, if you can build a bunch of walls around a camp why not make the cap timers 30 minutes? I can totally see people building a small fortress around a battlecamp, then starting the cap timer, and waiting for the defending team to rush to the camp's aid.

*I'm guessing this is a bad idea for Chaos, since chaos is way bigger than Elevation, so maybe simply increasing the HotA arena size is enough

• Like 8

1. Buff leather and chain armor, even if it's just a placeholder for a more thorough armor rebalancing (which definitely should happen at some point). I know I'd be a lot more daring if I could still be somewhat viable with the more easily-replaced armor. 

2. Remove the ability to minehop. Maybe prevent someone from entering a mine door if they are in combat with an enemy player. Being in combat with an animal should not block you from entering a mine, however.

3. Block the ability to reinforce mines while there are enemies in local.

4. Remove the on-deed animal ratios on Epic and Chaos.

5. Add a CR penalty to mounted fighters and stun people who fall off their horses. This will make horses less necessary and it'll open up more tactical options.

• Like 9

1. Remove CR nerf from the home servers, Epic

2. Increase the time enemies log off on home servers Epic.

3. Kingdom of Player - minimum players to create 15 and 3 kingdom title for 15 player, 4 title for 20 player, 5 title for 25 player etc. Epic.

4. Revamp HoTA, new rewards/punishments and 2-3 a day, Epic.

5. Remove protection merchants for home server Epic.

Edited by Teosen

I truly don't understand why some people feel that they should be Gods and untouchable. Only in the movies can you get a 20v1 and 1 wins. There is no way possible that a 5v1 should end anyway but bad for the 1 no matter what skills he has.

With 5 people attacking at once a person with a shield in one hand and a weapon in the other can never hope to block all attacks. Thats just stupid.

This suggestion comes from people with an elitest mentality who wants to stand in the middle of the battlefield like a God, scoffing and one hitting all the fodder around him.

You are wrong in your interpretation. This suggestion comes from Nosyt, Xallo and Myself. We are pvp gods, we find it boring. We back this suggestion to make it more fair for others. You have not read that thread very clearly if at all if you are interpreting it that way.

The suggestion balances pvp to make it more interesting and the fight more fair, not to make the 1 guy getting ganked a god... So off base and extremist, probably meant to spew dissent. Read the thread if you are going to comment on it...

Change some of the mechanics that block catapulting, such as being able to just re-add one wall and prevent the leveling of a wall (house plans on walls prevent the terraforming of them.) This wouldn't harm defenders, who can still repair walls, but it's very unfair when people just re-add one mortar and one brick to prevent the destruction of buildings.

Edited by Docterchese

Wurm needs a simpler, new type of pvp really. Something that is distanced from Chaos and Freedom and is a hybrid of the two. Forget kingdoms, kingdoms are bad. Make it village vs village only so we can get some more interesting game play going. Smaller scale pvp is much better than kingdom vs kingdom only affairs where it's always about the numbers. A land like this allows for politics and intrigue to be the reasons for any aggression and not because the king says you have to hate your neighbour. You wanna hate your neighbour? Fine, have at him. His friends think you're being a heel for dong that? Let them back him up. Let the players make their own stories, have their own wars, make their own fun. Just keep it off Chaos and Freedom and let the world evolve as a combination of the two where you don't necesarily need 300+ high dirt walls to protect your home and local issues can be resolved with diplomacy or the sword. This will get people who are sitting on the fringes of freedom looking longingly into Chaos and wondering "what if?" out of their comfort zone and trying things from a new, not 100% pvp focused direction.

Just make it a big server.

• Like 1

Why I don't pvp right now:

1: I have no chance against high skilled people with uber gear. The gap is too huge, even with 45 FS. Solution: Make it viable, give lower skill a chance against higher.

2: I loose everything when I die, and it takes a long time to make more. Solution: Like Asheron's Call, you lose 1 or more items, starting with the most valuable when you die.

3: Most raids usually happen when people are offline. Solution: Beef up deed guards when no villagers are online, and any tower in the deed. Make locks harder to pick and walls harder to bash.

4: Your combat system is HORRIBLE, its non-interactive and is really dull. Solution: Make combat more interactive instead of a text-scroll fest.

5: Stealth system is really bad, so is the Local tab. How the heck do I know someone is 80+ tiles from me? Am I psychic? Solution: Fix stealth to be perhaps based on Thievery, easier to get into and lower the distance on the Local tab on pvp servers unless they say something or engage in combat.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 3

About mine/gate hoping:

Expand the gate unlocking action to also apply to mines and have a 10 second timer. When someone is within melee range of an attacking player or NPC, block all his access to doors.
You'd still be able to use the unlocking action when under attack. It would be interrupted if hit.
Do not allow people to exit mine doors they don't have permission. Make it possible to manage and lock/unlock mine doors from inside of the cave by using the doored cave tile.

About combat gear:

Make combat depend only on skill and gear/enchant choices, rather than on item quality. Change armour and weapon durability, making everything substantially more fragile. Change quality of gear to only affect durability.
Make battle enchants work the same way, with the effect not being dependant on cast strength. Make enchants wither greatly per hit, depending on both item and enchant quality.
This allows people to quickly equip themselves for short skirmishes, while at the same time it keeps the trade value of high quality gear and enchants.

Edited by Pidgeoni

Tower Guards to stop attacking horses

Venturing out looking for trouble is daunting enough as it is without having to worry about a tower guard slowing you down

Daily objects to fight for

Once you stockpile up your moon metal you dont need to do a Hota anymore

Reduced Gank Bonus

The problem we experience most is the lack of pvp due to it being a numbers game, maybe change it so that when payers group together or "clash" (1-2 tiles range) you can only target a player without an opponent due to the "confusion" of battle, or give gankers bad moves often due to them "tripping up over eachothers feet" trying to hit a single opponent, while you are spread out you and splitting up you are unaffected

Rock Paper Scissors Weapons/Armor

There is a clear meta-game for combat, this should not exist. Certain armors should be highly effective against certain weapons, and reduced against others, Certain weapons should demolish a shield in no time at all making it useless. even dragon armors should have a weakness, albeit smaller than regular armor.

Map reset?

I say this only as a short term solution and to refresh the player base for chaos, wild is old, and everyone knows where to walk, where not to walk, where all the villages are, noone is curious enough to leave safety because theres nothing to find out there

• Like 3

making raiding easyer is NOT going to increase pvp, any raid i witenessed the defenders were outnumberd atleast 5 to 1 , they pick the times so it happends that way.

-  tower guards only chase within the range of the tower.

-  tower guards/spirit templars target the horse alot less.

-  hota rewards are no longer at token after winning instead implement some kind of structure each alliance has to build  10-20 away from hota area but not further and no other structures allowed in a 20 tile radius.

-  under 20fs/ non prem accounts - can't hold items while loged off that are higher than 50 ql or have a cast power over 50. ore  any  of the special materials.

- can't attack other players unless they get attacked first.

- can't pick up enemy or friendly loot no mater on what lands they on.

- nerf gank bonus a bit, 2v1 -3v1 should be a bit more plausible with a strong account.

- fix shield damage.

- fix shield skill grind.

Edited by viruskiller

New armour types...

Leatherworking skill/ and tools- Crocidilian Armor.... This armour would be a great addition to makingpvp armor options wider., Think heavier chain durability, with same weight as standard chain. Only can be butchered from Champ Crocs, and requires pretty good (40+) butchering to have decent chance.

Platesmithing tools/ cloth Tailoring skill.- Scorpshell armor.... This armor would help make CT relevant a bit more and offer a light coating similar to studded leather, but with standard chain protection. Only can be butchered from Champ Scorps and requires pretty good (50) butchering to have a decent chance.

Edited by Rolandt

About mine/gate hoping:

Expand the gate unlocking action to also apply to mines and have a 10 second timer. When someone is within melee range of an attacking player or NPC, block all his access to doors.

You'd still be able to use the unlocking action when under attack. It would be interrupted if hit.

Do not allow people to exit mine doors they don't have permission. Make it possible to manage and lock/unlock mine doors from inside of the cave by using the doored cave tile.

About combat gear:

Make combat depend only on skill and gear/enchant choices, rather than on item quality. Change armour and weapon durability, making everything substantially more fragile. Change quality of gear to only affect durability.

Make battle enchants work the same way, with the effect not being dependant on cast strength. Make enchants wither greatly per hit, depending on both item and enchant quality.

This allows people to quickly equip themselves for short skirmishes, while at the same time it keeps the trade value of high quality gear and enchants.

making it so we have to make more gear more often will give a hit to pvp and a buff to economics, economics and pvp don't go hand in hand, as no1 is paying irl cash on in game items to pvp in a full loot game.

fix all bugs so have you enought work for the next 3 years

ad remove home servers for epic

• Like 6

fix all bugs so have you enought work for the next 3 years

ad remove home servers for epic

my hero

• Like 1

What I posted in an earlier thread concerning artifacts:

Why not consider seriously rebalancing (perhaps buffing some) artifacts, and attaching a point system to them, similar to champions. (but more forgiving since you can lose the artifact to your enemies on death)

This way you force people to go out with artifacts and get kills with them to keep the point count up. I don't think battlecamps should give points for this, only the blood of your enemies.

I believe you could promote pvp this way and keep the battlefield interresting.

The artifact should just drop itself somewhere in enemy lands if you run out of points. Avoid forcing people to painfully search for it again and again.

Concerning Elevation:

If you want to do a reset, remove the homeservers and turn Ele F2p. The spy alt problem is so small it isn't even worth mentioning.

Concerning the rest:

Bugs and fixes. prioritize them.

And optimize the client, last recruiting run, half of the people that joined couldnt even run Wurm at decent settings nor start the game the first time. It kills off many newbies

Consider changing the way f2p characters work, perhaps introduce a trial, and remove the tuterial.

-  under 20fs/ non prem accounts - can't hold items while loged off that are higher than 50 ql or have a cast power over 50. ore  any  of the special materials.

- can't attack other players unless they get attacked first.

- can't pick up enemy or friendly loot no mater on what lands they on.

- nerf gank bonus a bit, 2v1 -3v1 should be a bit more plausible with a strong account.

- fix shield skill grind.

We want new people to play the game, we do not want to kill them off, your method to kill off storage alts is fairly ineffective in either case. A priest can be used instead.

Gank bonus doesn't exist either, stop claiming it does.

Shieldskill grinding is not, and has never been broken, stop training on hens with defensive and a 90ql shield.

Edited by GroeneAppel
  • Like 1

Hota pillars spawning all over really wouldn't increase pvp, it would just be a race. Yes smaller groups would have a chance but it would be merely out of luck, not earning it. It'd be less chance to die and more to win blindly.

Edited by Postes

Why I don't pvp right now:

1: I have no chance against high skilled people with uber gear. The gap is too huge, even with 45 FS. Solution: Make it viable, give lower skill a chance against higher.

This is what Epic is for.

A quick fix - Make Chain armor viable.  Chain is useless on Chaos for PvP.  Generally if you are seen wearing it on the battlefield you will be the first one killed.

A quick fix - Make Chain armor viable.  Chain is useless on Chaos for PvP.  Generally if you are seen wearing it on the battlefield you will be the first one killed.

This. Plate is too slow and chain is too weak - maybe add another new armour type too... crocodile hide armour as an example? Similar speed to drake and a little weaker than plate, using leather working. Sure, plate is strong, but as soon as you lose your horse you lose your life.

Also, on the topic of speed... make farwalkers not usable in enemy local, they're an unfair and frustrating get out clause that (here on Chaos) all kingdoms don't like but nevertheless are still forced to use.

• Like 1