Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

PvP easy fruits

Give them an inch, they ask for a mile.

i didn't want the change, i just think this will be bad for pvp instead of promiting it and i thought promiting pvp was was the intention of these changes. making ondeed minedoors behave the same would atleast ballance things a little bit again.

Well the game is sandbox, meaning that you are the one that have to make those things, with a little of imagination and rolplay.

Unless you want to have missions like other MMORPGs.

Not at all. What I am suggesting is to have points of intrest to stir conflict and the winners get to reap the benefits to either hoard or sell, such as a rare material, resource, etc.

One of the problems is that you cant (to my knowledge) "take over" deeds as if youve conquered it... just loot and return home.

Everything would be player driven but these points if interest would have to be discovered.

Just an idea.

Give the ability to conquer deeds on elevation and chaos. Make it so the attackers can activate the token which triggers a 30 minute timer that causes an unending onslaught of spirit templars, make it so you'd need at least 20 people to withstand them, but scale it up for each additional enemy player and down for each defending character over 20fs. If the attackers survive then the person who activated the token becomes the deed holder.

Edited by Dridden

Prepare thyselves...

Fix the current issue where if you have a big wallet you're basically safe from almost everyone. It's a very overlooked problem, mainly on Chaos, where if you want to stop your enemies from getting to a certain place or a certain resource they can buy gold and spend it on a huge deed with loads of guards. This basically screws over anyone wanting a fair chance to fight for something since they are highly unlikely to get rid of the deed due to it's size and the fact that a few defenders can hold off a huge attacking raid force, especially if it's a deed with seemingly endless amounts of cash poured into them. Wurm should not be pay more to win. I barely make ends meet as it is and I can't afford to keep up with my enemy and the same goes for many others I'm sure. Why should we be at a disadvantage for not being rich enough?

Bring back useful dual wielding of weapons. Back before the big fight fix dual wielding weapons was a common choice for pvpers. Aggressive fighters would dual wield axes or mauls which was great for aggressive, high damage and quick attack speed whilst greatly sacrificing parry rate. Defensive fighters would dual wield either short swords or longswords for excellent parry in skirmishes which, as a defensive fighter myself pre fight fix, worked wonderfully. Normal fighters could dual wield whatever they like, having the best of both defensive and aggressive but at the same time not being as effective as either of the two. This will bring alot more choice and alternative to fighting compared to now.

Make armour have pros and cons to other armours again. Again pre fight fix people chose carefully what armour they wore into battle. Leather and studded leather was better protection vs mauls and a general good pvp armour. Chain was slightly better than leather, mainly for cut, pierce, claw, bite etc types of damage but was kinda poor vs mauls. Plate was the next step up from chain, again excelling at damage reduction and glances vs cut, pierce, claw bite etc etc. However it was awful vs mauls, mauls would damage the armour itself quite badly and wouldn't glance as much iirc. Drake was basically the next step up from studded, performing much better than studded and chain while not being as good as plate. Then you have dragon scale armour which was the all-round best for everything armour in the game, being much better than all others.

I'm really on the fence regarding the suggestion to reverse gank bonus. On one hand it's not good for pvp having it be purely a question of who has the greatest numbers. However if one 100 fight skill levelled account can destroy a group of five 50 fight skill players it would give lower skilled players no chance in hell of ever surviving pvp much as they'd always be first to go down. And then we'd have the problem of people walking around with these god accounts nobody can touch. High skilled fighters could solo terrorise a deed full of weaker players knowing that even if they all charged at him he'd be able to kill them all of one by one. It would basically put the pvp game In the hands of the high skilled players.

Plus, currently if a group of 20 or so enemies are in your territory unless you've got more people than them you're probably going to avoid fighting them because you know it's no use. Whereas if the gank bonus was reversed you could send a group of 5 or so of your best fighters out to kill a few of them off and make them leave, so this would encourage people to fight more than hide.

As Fawkes touched on earlier in the thread, hitting someone who is on a mount hard enough should knock them off the mount, maybe even make the mount run off a bit in fear. If a guy on a horse gets hit really hard by something, like a two handed weapon, it should have the potential to send him flying off the mount and onto the floor, stunned for atleast 10 seconds. And his horse would probably run like hell out of there scared. This would mean that the advantages of using a horse are risky due to one good hit on you could lead to you on the floor and your horse bookin it over the hills leaving you for dead.

An idea I just had while reading the thread to help shrink the gap between high level fighters and low level fighters, any fighters below a certain skill do not lose any items on death when killed by someone much stronger. I know this sounds mad but let me explain. Say you have a 55fs fighter, he's not really going to feel encouraged to take part in pvp if he knows everyone he's fighting can kill him effortlessly and lose all his good equipment to them. Now, imagine if a 55fs guy wore the best armour he could but would only lose it if he's killed by someone around the same skill level as him, he has a pretty fair chance to take them on as they're his level, he could win or lose depending on different things. Now, if this 55fs guy fights an 80fs player, who probably has much better equipment than him, he's more than likely going to die and would normally lose all his good stuff and have to get re-equipped. However with this idea he wouldn't lose his best gear, so he'd have a slight helping hand in getting up the pvp ladder. As for the 80fs guy? Well if he wants loot rewards for his kills he's gonna have to go find people his own skill level to kill, just like the 55fs guy has to. Plus most fighters at that high of a level in skills already have access to the best equipment that the 55fs guy might not be so lucky as to have. I think this would really boost the number of lower skilled people we see in pvp. The numbers don't have to be exactly the same as what I've used in the example (55fs, 80fs) and can be tweaked to make them better suited to the way things are currently.

To summarise,

*Stop making Wurm pay-to-win via pouring money into deed guards. It makes raiding a deed with a high number of guards far more difficult.

*Make dual-wielding weapons viable.

*Armor should be more open to choices and have advantages / disadvantages against certain damage types

*Debate about the effect of reverse gank bonus (RGB): consider one 100FS vs. five 50FS players - the five 50FS players would have no chance in hell because of RGB; one highly-skilled player would tear apart said group if fought one at a time.

*Hitting a mounted player hard enough should knock the player down and stunned or shock the horse in fear and run off.

*Players below some arbitrary FS should not lose items on death against a player with substantially higher FS to encourage participation and less chance of losing valuable gear unfairly.

Edited by Madt
  • Like 1

Give the ability to conquer deeds on elevation and chaos. Make it so the attackers can activate the token which triggers a 30 minute timer that causes an unending onslaught of spirit templars, make it so you'd need at least 20 people to withstand them, but scale it up for each additional enemy player and down for each defending character over 20fs. If the attackers survive then the person who activated the token becomes the deed holder.

The problem with that is all the communities on chaos, at least at more than just in game.  We all have our own communities, etc.  Forcing players into a kingdom will both create trust issues, and shatter cohesion. 

Also, the whole JK vs MR thing has gone on so long here that some people practically take it like a religion.  Some of the grudges between players are personal, as you may have noticed from watching Chaos players bicker with each other all the times on the forums.    

I have a military background, and if its one thing I've learned over the years when I try to apply that background in to playing MMOs, is that you can't force players to do anything they don't want to do.  If they aren't having fun they will find something else to do,or another way to play the game, or play another game entirely.    You get players to follow you out of respect, mutual trust in each other, and by nurturing a strong community, and interest in the game.   

I doubt I'd be very interested in any game that didn't have that.  Nor would it be fun.   

Edited by Battlepaw

Prepare thyselves...

Fix the current issue where if you have a big wallet you're basically safe from almost everyone. It's a very overlooked problem, mainly on Chaos, where if you want to stop your enemies from getting to a certain place or a certain resource they can buy gold and spend it on a huge deed with loads of guards. This basically screws over anyone wanting a fair chance to fight for something since they are highly unlikely to get rid of the deed due to it's size and the fact that a few defenders can hold off a huge attacking raid force, especially if it's a deed with seemingly endless amounts of cash poured into them. Wurm should not be pay more to win. I barely make ends meet as it is and I can't afford to keep up with my enemy and the same goes for many others I'm sure. Why should we be at a disadvantage for not being rich enough?

*Stop making Wurm pay-to-win via pouring money into deed guards. It makes raiding a deed with a high number of guards far more difficult.

Doesn't the old adage go "Deed it or lose it?"

In response to the alt-killing ordeal, I wonder if boosting sub FS skills again (Agressive, Defensive, and Normal) would solve some issues. Make it much more effective to have 90 in a sub skill rather than 90 overall. You could get 90FS off of killing alts or legitimately, but it would only really affect hit chance, or something.

Back in Pre-FF days, the sub skills mattered most as overall FS didn't really do a whole lot. If you were high in Defensive, you were essentially the tank, whereas if you were Aggressive, you'd be the guns of the fight. It created far more interesting fights as opposed to this system now as you'd have to specifically grind the skill that correlated to your play style.

In regards to some Pre-FF accounts having "high" sub-skills, it really isn't too much different now as it was then. The reason you would see people with 80-90+ in one of these was because they hunted specifically in it, as well as pen trained on crocodiles, which is similar what to a lot of people do now on horses.

I don't know, it might be a bad idea, but it could be something explored further into. ;)

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 3

I agree, just anything to avoid a snap change of the killing alt functionality+keeping skill. Cause that's the easiest answer and the most likely (and worst)

Miniroll, without feedback the changes would be horrid. I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing features.

Cant everyone just shut the ###### up and play the game? Is it really that hard to just play the game? Honestly you're like a bunch of kids in a playground, just ###### play the game and stop arguing over stupid concepts and ideas which you all want to have in your 'Ideal world'.

Shut up, play the game, have some fun.

Hey theres a thing called feedback, did you ever heard of it?

And nice bump of the thread.

Choas related, never been to epic. Most comments are to encourage raids.

1. no gear that was picked up with enemies in local can be kept on you when logging out until enemies are dealt with/gone.

2. totally unequiped characters cannot pick up ANYTHING on deeds if enemies are in local unless it is off your own dead body or your writed building, not guest (prevent cheap use of suicides and such to protect gear on deeds)

3. something to prevent storage alts. maybe huge damage to items monthly if the character has not done anything productive. Gaining skill maybe?

4. new characters cannot go straight to chaos. Skill and friends are pretty much needed to survive starting out, this would help with player retention as a whole, and a more pleasant game for those starting out.

5. maybe even make chaos premium only? what is a 20 max skill character going to do on chaos except die?

4. new characters cannot go straight to chaos. Skill and friends are pretty much needed to survive starting out, this would help with player retention as a whole, and a more pleasant game for those starting out.

5. maybe even make chaos premium only? what is a 20 max skill character going to do on chaos except die?

Hmm those would greatly impact people's interest in Chaos, and have the same effects we had when the servers were like that in the past.   I started off myself on Chaos, and I did just fine. I wasn't killed or anything like that.  However that WAS starting off from Golden Valley, where I had a chance to get into the game first, and even then it was Kriet who recruited me, so when I came to Wild back in the day I already had a village to help support me.   

One of the biggest issues we have with new players spawning on Chaos is how isolated the the starter deeds are from protection.   One of the reasons why I wanted to push for new changes to Alliance systems was so that freedom isles could be set to netural on Chaos, JK and MR could lend towers to them for safe zones.     Before under the old pre-PMK system those areas were within the hearts of the respective kingdoms, and were much easier to interact with.   

1. Point and click fighting system emulation(allow us to decide when to attack or block)?

• Like 1

Reduce PMK requirements to10 ppl but they cant have just as a example "a King" but they can once they reach 40 ppls

Maybe make Clans-10ppl     Warband-20    Coalition-30.

Enchant Weapons/Armors like Rares etc.NO Artifacts (like the drop) system. With a new spell of anti-Loss like 10%(MAX)-depends on priest cast like (CoC)(WoA) on each Armor/Weapon-Only. But your inventory drops keeping full loot. Really what is the point of rare supreme fantastic you never see these bc on CHAOS whats the point you will lose them from the  swarm off ppl attacking you.

Move Hunters lodge and NPC to their own island allowing ppl to build up to cap of 30 fight skill BUT make skill gain super slow just allow ppl to get used to the game that are new no sleep bonus ect. LIKE NOOB area  there is no point to hunters lodge on a pvp server you cant build/ really skill in it. BUT allowing ppl that are alt/friends that if they want they can go to main land and Join their friends in BL MR JK and many new PMK

Make it so that like volcano make like new island that expands the land slow I mean slow like how most island and earth is made random evens maybe IT COULD ATTRACT DRAGONS to these locations.

DRAGON DRAGON DRAGON MORE MORE DRAGONS that is my NUMBER 1 solution to PVP Chaos server MORE DRAGONS/NEW Creatures.

Randomly pick ppl to interview vocally on mumble/vent/somevoicecommunication.-Some ppl like my self are never able to type/write our idea/emotional thoughts.-----This is just suggestion to get more ideas/thoughts for the future.

Edited by Boosway

Put a special forge and anvil in the middle of Ele/Chaos. Make these the only places that you can smelt/craft glimmer, adamantite, and seryll items.

This would mean you would need to bring valuable items into a high risk area, which means PvP would be a lot more attractive. This would also be worth doing since items made with these materials are very valuable.

People would need to go on missions out to the forge and have people to guard the smith while they craft/imp the items. I think this would be a lot of fun!

Put a special forge and anvil in the middle of Ele/Chaos. Make these the only places that you can smelt/craft glimmer, adamantite, and seryll items.

This would mean you would need to bring valuable items into a high risk area, which means PvP would be a lot more attractive. This would also be worth doing since items made with these materials are very valuable.

People would need to go on missions out to the forge and have people to guard the smith while they craft/imp the items. I think this would be a lot of fun!

What does seryll have anything to do with PvP though? 

To be completely honest with you, I don't even know what Seryll is. I just know it's rare and valuable. There's no info on the wiki about it. If it's no good for PvP, then my proposal could be limited to only Glimmer and Adamantite.

Edited by Dridden

This sounds like a suggestion to boost PvE sorry not PvP

As for your special anvil idea, im not really convinced. The central steppe is already quite safe most of the time due to low pop and is littered daily with addy anyway. Three colossi have been built there with no one interrupting the process, if you can attach 4 thousand items to something and not see anyone then I hardly think the anvil will make any difference.

• Like 1

Five Steps activation pvp on Epic Server.

1. Remove CR nerf from the home server.

2. Increase the time enemies logoff on home server.

3. Remove protection merchants on epic home server.

4. Delete information on the number of players on each server ( delete xml ! ).

5. Reduce silver cost and number of players required to establish PMK to 15 player ( 3 kingdom title for 15 player, 4 title for 20 player, 5 title for 25 player etc. ).

Edited by Teosen
  • Like 1

This sounds like a suggestion to boost PvE sorry not PvP

As for your special anvil idea, im not really convinced. The central steppe is already quite safe most of the time due to low pop and is littered daily with addy anyway. Three colossi have been built there with no one interrupting the process, if you can attach 4 thousand items to something and not see anyone then I hardly think the anvil will make any difference.

Well, it would be players taking over other players' deeds, the spirit templars are simply to give an edge to the defenders, and make it still very difficult to take in the times that players are not available to defend. Sounds like PvP to me.

The Anvil idea would serve to draw people to the steppe, the colossi wouldn't have been built if the players were carrying 20kg of Adamantite instead of colossus bricks. The other kingdoms had no incentive to gather the numbers large enough to kill the kingdoms building the colossi. If I knew that the only place one could create adamantite and glittersteel items was in a central location, I would have it camped with an alt to gather intel, when people came nearby I'd put together a response team. It has a reason to draw players outside of deed, a material incentive which isn't injected by the devs, and a time based objective (it takes a while to imp weapons and armor).

But really, I'm not here to argue. I just enjoy coming up with, and throwing out ideas.

Edited by Dridden

To gather numbers large enough to kill 2 people? You also skimmed over the part about addy being spit out constantly around the steppe already so why are you already not spending your time there?

I do spend my time there, but I rarely see other people.

I think killing other players for valuables is a lot more fun than finding 0.4kg of something every once in a while personally.

I respect you highly Sme, if you think I'm on the wrong track, I'll take your word for it.

Edited by Dridden

My point is that there is already moon metal out there that isn't causing pvp, like raiding and artifact recharging using this fancy anvil would only ever be done when no one is online.

• Like 2

My point is that there is already moon metal out there that isn't causing pvp, like raiding and artifact recharging using this fancy anvil would only ever be done when no one is online.

that is assuming it wouldn't just get a wall built around it, with  a deed next to it.  Fixed pvp is fine, but there has to be at least someway of moving it, at least with the WL it's possible to blow it up.    Sounds like all you want to do with that idea is make it even harder for a kingdom that wants to play in the HoTA to use their stuff,  I mean they ALREADY have to bring enough numbers to win the hota, then they actually have to manage it.  Ontop of all that you want to make them break through any defenses that are put in place, usually by the strongest or most strategically placed kingdom to an area just to use what they already won?   

Doe anyone else think that kind of idea is quite mental?