Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

PvP easy fruits

Nah. Many game changes favor all kingdoms come from kingdoms messaging rolf. I mean just look at the original wl, it was moved due to one kingdom. When it got all walled up the other kingdom messaged or no building. There's always been a long history of back n forth changes.

My head is twirling. In my opinion (yes, I'm MR, but I try not to be bias): MR is using game mechanics available in the game to secure the white light. This is fair play to me and I think JK should at least attempt to conquer it before making a fuss about it. That being said, personally, I don't like the idea about the WL and BL being able to move at all. I'd much rather have them in a neutral location, somewhere on the map that can be accessed by all kingdoms and can't be claimed by any kingdom. This area should also be a no PvP zone. That way, you can fairly safely travel there and it eliminates any discussion about not having access to it, or it being to hard to reach or w/e from any one of the kingdoms. As for the artifacts, I feel they shouldn't be rechargeable. Just have them drop every 3 months. Possibly make it slightly easier to pinpoint their location, but on other hand, they are very powerful, so it might be good to leave it as it is. It might even be interesting to implement some sort of mechanic to require at least 2 kingdoms to battle over the ownership of an artifact before it can be obtained.

On another note: I would love to see a bonus in skillgain for all skills when a title for said skills is enabled.

EDIT: The whole altars thing obviously applies to Chaos.

Edited by Freddy
  • Like 2

Just FYI I was told after we bashed wl on epic months prior that it wasn't even really intended to do it to your own light. I see lots upset about accessibility to light but it doesn't seem a bit unintended you can bash the holiest altar and be a follower of it? Afaik if you go unfaithful and try to desecrate your own wl altar you lose tons of faith. I don't know of Rolf recalls it but it didn't sound intended and was meant to spawn the avenger of the light.

• Like 1

The past year most changes has been due to whine-essays from JK players, the wl pmk and bl alliance, the newer wl pmk and bl alliance, zombie nogump nerf, land of the dead nerf, the endless crying of having some kind of anti-grief rules on JKH, libila stats on valrei nerfed etc. There is a reason why JK is the kingdom that writes essays to Rolf and cry the most, they are almost always spoonfed and held by the hand by Rolf, so when it go bad for them they look for rolf  and spam him to change the game into their preferred way.

Edited by merce
  • Like 3

I was there for the WL bash and at the time the thought was for better or for worse.

We had no worldly idea where the light was going to go we just knew any place other than its current location.

There was talk of what we would do if it spawned right next to Kayra and decided it would still be worth the LULZ just to do it.

Imagine the cheers when it spawned where it did!

Again we had no clue where it would go and that the odds were against us that we would have access, we just wanted to bash and hope for the best.

reading through and seeing so many "you can not catch the veterans" posts. complete bull. those 2007 accounts? I have passed them in under 2 years because I set goals, 90 in gathering, 90 in smithing skills, 90 in carp skills. Im much higher stats because of this. Do not have to sit and grind 12 hours a day. just set  those goals, and work on them. it is simple. just working on skills will beat those who stopped 6 years  ago and said "good enough" with 50 stats. Any effort will push you ahead faster than those who stopped. Just because they have played for years, does not mean they have advanced their accounts during said time. Shield skill is a matter of finding proper ql. I am well over 90 lms and 50 bashing did not take years, just effort and proper ql, and I am post FF. FS, get out and hunt. 

• Like 2

4: Add skills for each armor. Much like the Elder Scrolls games. This would make leather and chain as useful as plate. Also make plate increase swing and block timers, while leather/studded leather have the least restraints on those timers.

I like this suggestion which was posted, also maybe restrict/reduce archery as well based on armour type. buffs and penalties to horse speed as well.

• Like 2

reading through and seeing so many "you can not catch the veterans" posts. complete bull. those 2007 accounts? I have passed them in under 2 years because I set goals, 90 in gathering, 90 in smithing skills, 90 in carp skills. Im much higher stats because of this. Do not have to sit and grind 12 hours a day. just set  those goals, and work on them. it is simple. just working on skills will beat those who stopped 6 years  ago and said "good enough" with 50 stats. Any effort will push you ahead faster than those who stopped. Just because they have played for years, does not mean they have advanced their accounts during said time. Shield skill is a matter of finding proper ql. I am well over 90 lms and 50 bashing did not take years, just effort and proper ql, and I am post FF. FS, get out and hunt. 

To get Shield of the Gone it will take you no less than 8 months to achieve. That is taking for granted that you get 100% skill gains 5 times per day for those 8 months. I can't tell you how many times I have meditated all day with 0 skill gains.  I once meditated 8 times over 3 days with 0 skill! It's this that people want to see changed.

Accounts prior to this change to meditation got this ability much much sooner.

For those that don't know Shield of the Gone is a constant buff that reduces damage and healing by 50%!

Edited by Gaustyrr

Remove item drops on death all together and instead rewards for your x amount of kills appear daily at the village token.  Reward amount varies on winner and loser gearscore at time of death.  This would encourage players to target others with similar gear (and likely skill) rather than smooshing the squishier players repeatedly. 

Reward system comprised of items or a point system similar to the Karma system, with the ability to trade in for in game cash, merchant items, the occasional lump of rare metal, etc.

This also opens the potential (further down the line) for a system that allows for more alloted points in specific situations, i.e. killing an enemy player on an enemy deed, or defending your deed from an enemy player.  Including situations that encourage or require groups and cooperation (HotA being one example).

• Like 2

Remove item drops on death all together and instead rewards for your x amount of kills appear daily at the village token

Many player's play Epic-Wurm only for full loot PvP and is able to forgive other imperfect area of the game and keep waiting for improvements.

If I want arcade game with "no risk and no reward system"   I can play BF4 or other game for mass....    

If someone doesn't make PvP he will never do. It is sad trend that most ppl in MMOs doesn't chose PvP servers just because.

The solution is to make ppl want take risk to go out from deed and fight so encourage them by rewards in wide word meaning.

Edited by vill

Remove item drops on death all together and instead rewards for your x amount of kills appear daily at the village token.  Reward amount varies on winner and loser gearscore at time of death.  This would encourage players to target others with similar gear (and likely skill) rather than smooshing the squishier players repeatedly. 

Reward system comprised of items or a point system similar to the Karma system, with the ability to trade in for in game cash, merchant items, the occasional lump of rare metal, etc.

This also opens the potential (further down the line) for a system that allows for more alloted points in specific situations, i.e. killing an enemy player on an enemy deed, or defending your deed from an enemy player.  Including situations that encourage or require groups and cooperation (HotA being one example).

I think this is an excellent idea. It could be implemented in stages if needed.

Many player's play Epic-Wurm only for full loot PvP and is able to forgive other imperfect area of the game and keep waiting for improvements.

Remove item drops on death all together and instead rewards for your x amount of kills appear daily at the village token.  

If I want arcade game with "no risk and no reward system"   I can play BF4 or other game for mass....    

If someone doesn't make PvP he will never do. It is sad trend that most ppl in MMO doesn't chose PvP servers just because.ion is 

The solution is to make ppl want take risk to go out from deed and fight so encourage by rewards in wide word meaning.

I think the point of this is to encourage more players to try pvp, not just to make things easier for those who currently engage in pvp to force it upon others. I do not believe it is true that someone who doesn't currently pvp never will, instead, I believe that they need to be shown that the reward is worth the risk. For many people, I think the threat of losing everything, and skill loss to boot, is not worth the potential reward. Gwendolyn was not saying to take the reward away from pvp entirely, she was suggesting a different type of reward system that would reduce the risk for many players and encourage them to crawl out of the their holes, or leave the safety of their walls, to give it a try. There would still be rewards, but the penalties for pvp deaths would not be as severe. I believe she is correct in suggesting this, as I feel it would increase the number of people who would participate in pvp significantly, as they would then feel the potential reward would be worth the potential risk. I think you would also see a larger variety of playing styles, and new players would not feel like they have to work for years to be able to have the potential to compete.

Edited by Marienara

Fix killing alts strictly for FS and punish those who continue to do it.

• Like 5

MR decided they wanted to push for the WL and mostly Tonygreen chained towers practically all the way from HoM to outside Valhalla placing a plethora of deeds at various points and MR laid siege to it on a regular occurrence - JK was able to eventually resist the MR after a VERY long siege (probably a year but memory fails me) and after a while Rolf decided that it was "too hard" for MR to get to the WL and moved it to it's current location.

You said it yourself. At least MR put up a fight to get it. They didn't give up, they tried. You guys havent even attempted anything yet and are already crying. Seriously Gavin I've heard so much about you and your past from old players, but only times I've met you as a new player, you are not even trying to fight us when we are raiding at THG. You let the others take all the damage, while you wait behind the walls doing absolutely nothing. And besides whats the point of JK having the artirfacts. Besides the Orb of Doom brought up TWICE, once in Hot Gate by Norad and once in WL recharge attemt by MR by xallo, no other JK has been seen with artifacts.

I was being very skeptic about what we did to the WL. Truth be told that it will be really difficult for you guys to recharge, but when I think how you lock up the artifacts and pretty much remove them from the server, I think the fate played a good game with the artifacts location. Brought back a feature into the game. Well will bring.

Seriously tell me, show me a single JK player that has more than 40 skill in warhammer ...

Edited by Issle

I was there for the WL bash and at the time the thought was for better or for worse.

We had no worldly idea where the light was going to go we just knew any place other than its current location.

There was talk of what we would do if it spawned right next to Kayra and decided it would still be worth the LULZ just to do it.

Imagine the cheers when it spawned where it did!

Again we had no clue where it would go and that the odds were against us that we would have access, we just wanted to bash and hope for the best.

We don`t blame you for bashing the WL but for making it unable to visit for everyone non-MR

And one more thing. Soon, hopefully if all goes well, MR will start using the artifacts in pvp a lot. There is a good chance that you will manage to get some back. I believe its inevitable. This is a message to all JK and BL players out there. When you get the artifacts, dont give them to your incapable leaders. Hold on them, use them, enjoy them. There's no point in giving the artifacts to a Dictator that will put them in a boat and lock them away. 

Edited by Issle
  • Like 3

If people cannot stay on topic,  i would suggest it to be locked.

You said it yourself. At least MR put up a fight to get it. They didn't give up, they tried. You guys havent even attempted anything yet and are already crying. Seriously Gavin I've heard so much about you and your past from old players, but only times I've met you as a new player, you are not even trying to fight us when we are raiding at THG. You let the others take all the damage, while you wait behind the walls doing absolutely nothing. And besides whats the point of JK having the artirfacts. Besides the Orb of Doom brought up TWICE, once in Hot Gate by Norad and once in WL recharge attemt by MR by xallo, no other JK has been seen with artifacts.

I was being very skeptic about what we did to the WL. Truth be told that it will be really difficult for you guys to recharge, but when I think how you lock up the artifacts and pretty much remove them from the server, I think the fate played a good game with the artifacts location. Brought back a feature into the game. Well will bring.

Seriously tell me, show me a single JK player that has more than 40 skill in warhammer ...

Although you're kinda right, again, as some one that doesn't do PvP, knowing that people win PvP by chaining deeds (ie Pay to Win), puts me off PvP even further.

Might as well lock it up now chaos is getting out of hand.

• Like 2

Although you're kinda right, again, as some one that doesn't do PvP, knowing that people win PvP by chaining deeds (ie Pay to Win), puts me off PvP even further.

Really, pay to win pvp? How about this, you BUY coins for euros, then you BUY a nice CoC tool, and then you SKILL FASTER than someone unable to pay for said tool, and thats NOT pay-to-win?

Come to chaos for a week, hangout, grind, play like you do on freedom and see its no different than Independence other than when you are bored you can snipe your friends with arrows.

Okay seriously.

As fascinating as it is to come back to this thread every 10 minutes to hear you guys debate the current situation of the WL on Chaos. This thread is about quick and simple mechanic changes that can improve PvP across Wurm.

Please, stay on topic as I (and many others) consider this a very important discussion.

• Like 6

top 5

1. Remove Chaos

2. Keep res stones on epic

3. introduce items obtained from a kingdom capital based on enemy ranks killed.

4. reduce influence of battlecamps or remove it

5. allow pvp on freedom

• Like 4

Really, pay to win pvp? How about this, you BUY coins for euros, then you BUY a nice CoC tool, and then you SKILL FASTER than someone unable to pay for said tool, and thats NOT pay-to-win?

Come to chaos for a week, hangout, grind, play like you do on freedom and see its no different than Independence other than when you are bored you can snipe your friends with arrows.

I don't PvP with CoC tools. Rolf wants ideas how to improve PvP and get people there. For that to happen PvP can't be about who can buy more deeds. That's not PvP.

And about tools BUYING items from players, is alot different than CREATING NPC-protected domain for your kingdom with coins.

Its like playing risk but having the option to buy the territories with monopoly money.

Edited by KanePT

top 5

1. Remove Chaos

2. Keep res stones on epic

3. introduce items obtained from a kingdom capital based on enemy ranks killed.

4. reduce influence of battlecamps or remove it

5. allow pvp on freedom

To be perfectly honest, I don't see how your number 1 and number 5 suggestions would assist anything. Removing Chaos would not help encourage pvp, it is there for a reason. Allowing pvp on the current pve servers would be disastrous. You cannot encourage pvp by forcing it upon people who do not choose to currently participate. Rolf tried that years ago by allowing raids to take place on the home servers, which had previously been pve. Many people left the game, and some have not come back. The home servers had to be destroyed to end the controversy, and that is why the current freedom cluster exists. The best way to encourage pvp is to reduce the risk to reward ratio. If you want to dramatically increase the number of people who play on pvp servers, then balance that ratio. When people find pvp to be fun, instead of making them want to pull their hair out, then they will do it more often.

• Like 2