Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

PvP easy fruits

I think battle camps are one of the few things most people agree that it should be removed or somehow changed.

Personally I just want see one big change, something that affects everyone. Things like a map reset (on Elevation) achieve that, but I don't think it's a very popular option.

Maybe have Rolf or someone else come up with an idea for a big change, with the promise that he will take feedback and possibly revert it if it's clear people really don't like it. Then we don't have to be afraid of change

New PvP island north of elevation that connects to Affliction from the south.

No deeds

Gets reset

Special PvP events

Could even be used as a live test PvP server fir changed but all penalties and PvP rewards still apply.

Edited by Gregory

Chaos

1) Lower requirements for PMKs again

2) Special incentive (like only 70+QL metals on Chaos or some items that can only be created or a resource that is only available on PvP)

3) Turn Freedom Isles into a viable kingdom on Chaos and make starters not aligned to ANY kingdom at all.

4) Alt abuse for spying is lame... Make it more difficult to create alts or so...

My dream would be a new PVP server for Freedom with new requirements for PMK so people can make them easier and are not bound to JK/MR/BL...

Also, I believe we only need 1 thing that would make Chaos more fun => more players!

(and ditch Epic, it's unnecesarry and divides the PVP community)

Edited by Bittereinder

epic isn't going anywhere, and neither is wild/chaos. your suggestions mean nothing after saying something so stupid. not to forget to mention they weren't even good suggestions to start with.

Quickly scanned through the topic, not realy adding new ideas.

PvP is based on kingdoms and all you have is FI (not even a kingdom worth the name), BL (that is just a poor upgraded FI) and JK & MR. You need at least a 3rd real kingdom. Chaos basicaly comes down to MR vs JK. Make pvp look decent and then invest  in an addvertising campaign and you'll get more people.

I like the idea of balancing weapons and armour on the rock-paper-scissors principle. Different weapons and armour need to have clear different advantages and disadvantages. Plate armour should not be able to use archery. More diversity, more choices, more players.

I also like the idea of chaning the HotA to all over the map. But would just make the pillars drop all over the map and be locatable by priests and if close enough by pendulum, or let them shine up the sky like the bone and white light altars. The fixed location of HotA means if you do not border to it you have to fight your way to it.

Reduce decay on traps, make small catapults dragable by horses like a cart (just weird to see random catapults across the map) and equipable on larger boats, make chain barding hamper the horse wearing it less (or at least strong/fast horses)

Don't make people and creatures walk through each other. You cannot walk through someone else on the street, you will bump into him, same should be in game. That will reduce 'ganking' like someone wrote.

i don't really have much to add as pretty much anything i'd say was mentioned already, but i just have one thing to say to some of the people who are saying remove or nerf res stones/mag bonus.. how will that promote pvp? i'd think it would do the opposite, i feel that a chance to keep your items makes someone more willing to go out and fight and removing that chance could be what keeps someone from pvping

• Like 2

In response to Zivirt, I can only assume they want it nerfed as its unfair in comparison to no others get such, its the issue of some folk wanting to keep their items/some items on death upon those who want their opponent to lose everything upon death?

If I could keep my items upon death and lose some skill/affinities, I'd be out daily even solo because it would be fun..

• Like 2

leave res stone bonus from mags and farwalkering. You dont get loot, but you still get pvp, and this thread is intended to promote pvp, not to increase the chance of gaining loot.

reducing your loot is what will increase the pvp because people feel safe about going out of deed and have the feeling of having that extra backup of keeping your stuff after dead.

evidence: a presumption that oreohh would never be teleporting if he lost gear out of his 15 deaths on chaos.

• Like 3

i can see where you're coming from there, but imo if you want the higher chance to keep your items then priest up or buy a res stone, the penalties of being a priest when it comes to crafting are enough to balance it 

Edited by Zivirt
  • Like 2

i can see where you're coming from there, but imo if you want the higher chance to keep your items then priest up or buy a res stone, the penalties of being a priest when it comes to crafting are enough to balance it 

I think their problems is more onto that only mag priests have it, instead every deities. And if I am not wrong, it stack with res stone right? Which means mag priests literally got double protection?

Edited by rosedragon

Res stones doesn't stack with the faith bonus, but it's like a 50% roll to keep your items, and if that fails you get another 35% or whatever to keep it. Generally this means that magnogs are only good for suicide tower missions

you will quickly see what the main issues are with pvp (i suggest using an account of 70fs and other fight related skills to actually test pvp with some crafting.

You,(Rolf), start a new toon, and dont say who you are of course, with no gm powers and play the game for a couple of months. And i say that with no intention of being sarcastic or facetious.

Then, while playing the game, take notes of the things you see that make it frustrating to you

to pvp. Start a deed with a spirit guard too.

Edited by JockII
  • Like 1

Here's why I think res stones are bad (Epic). I do think it's just another required payment for each death. In the end it doesn't matter if you keep your items some times because so will your enemies when you kill them.

I think their problems is more onto that only mag priests have it, instead every deities. And if I am not wrong, it stack with res stone right? Which means mag priests literally got double protection?

i dont see much of a balance issue if all dieties had the 35% res stone ability at 70faith. but yes, as san_tropez said, it doesnt stack, you get 2 chances to keep your gear, one chance at 50% and one chance at 35%.

If you take something away from Magranon you have to give him something ~.~

can always do what you did for wild and start a Epic pvp group say 1 person from each kingdom on each server start a vote if you need to. to make a list of changes and balance suggestions preferable people with long standing knowledge of the game, they could then come up with the

short term changes e.g. a new battle camp system via looking at thread and throwing out suggestions and gaining feedback from the forums

or long term changes e.g. actual targeting archery.

all examples are used to demonstrate the time take not actual changes i offer for consideration.

Edited by JockII

or just give BL priest the res stone ability aswell.

I wouldnt think of it as taking something away from magranon, id say fixing a long standing balance issue? :)

Edited by demondan

Chaos

Wild  or as you call it Chaos has already died once hence why it was closed down. should have left it that way if he was worried about spliting the community o wait... everyone likes to player different styles.

thats why there are 2..

• Like 1

I'll add my opinions now with people running out of their initial steam on the issue.

Chaos and Epic should be considered separately for both updates and coding changes.

• Chaos is slow/long term game play
  • Epic is faster paced and smaller game play

Having little/no experience of Epic I will only mention my thoughts on chaos.

My opinion is that, people don't want to PVP as the risk outweigh the rewards.

Chaos is a slow place to partake in PVP for a number of reasons:

You have villages and defenses established through years of work, exploits and money that are impractical to attack.
You have skilled accounts with stats and skills beyond what is attainable in any reasonable playing time
You have items that are incredibly valuable and extremely powerful in PVP situations (Scale, Drake, Farwalkers, Spyglasses etc)

Now everyone who has any of these has earned the right to keep them in 1 form or another and doesn't deserve to lose them due to newer players not having the same.

However I am curious what peoples opinions would be on certain looting aspects of Chaos being altered that may diminish attainable loot may also increase the chances of casual player vs player contact? (Risk vs Reward, no risk = no reward)

So I propose the following and see how this goes:

Changes to Player Drops:

• Everyone receives 50-75% resurrection stone abilities regardless of resurrection stone/magranon priest abilities.
  • Resurrection stones will prevent skill or affinity loss through PVP death or removed completely.
  • Magrannon obtains a new or no ability to replace their resurrection bonus.

Changes to Raiding:

• Remove damage limitations to catapults AND repairing (Higher quality will deal/repair more damage than current 20/10 damage limit).
  • A legitimate and intended method of safeguarding some items on deed using in-game mechanics either at additional cost/included deed upkeep such as a larger bank (Store a set of Armour and Tools etc but not safeguard everything)

Deeds are meant to be attacked, drained and removed, however can be difficult to recover and establish in some cases and I think prevent some people from living on chaos.

Changes to Artifacts + Huge Altars:

• While some artifacts have very limited abilities and could be altered they do aren't terrible but could be made more PVP orientated (new artifacts to replace current eg)*.
  • While the blacklight isn't so bad, and the work done to the area is amazing, I don't feel this is quite what was intended for the huge altars.

ucMWlm.jpg

TL:DR:

• Give all players free 50-75% resurrection abilities for free
  • Alter/Remove resurrection stones/magranon bonus
  • Remove catapult and repair limitations
  • Add on-deed "vault", e.g. increased bank space for premium players
  • Adjust artifacts to be more useful + PVP orientated
  • Something* about the huge altars
Edited by Fooligun
  • Like 9

Chaos problem is the size of the map period.

If you put Chaos rule set on elevation you would have craploads more pvp.

The only answer is a better map that is smaller and more rideble like elevation.

We see what works, the map size and layout is one of the biggest factors of daily pvp on elevation.

Chaos problem is the size of the map period.

If you put Chaos rule set on elevation you would have craploads more pvp.

The only answer is a better map that is smaller and more rideble like elevation.

We see what works, the map size and layout is one of the biggest factors of daily pvp on elevation.

The map itself it not a problem, even though it's very old and heavily terraformed.... We just need the double amount of players on Chaos.

If we were to have a small map, the enemy would be able to send reinforcements really quick. It would take away the advantage of suprise more and lower the chances of a succesful deed raid... I also like the feeling that I'm relatively safe within the lands of my kingdom and thankfully don't have to run into strong players every time.

epic isn't going anywhere, and neither is wild/chaos. your suggestions mean nothing after saying something so stupid. not to forget to mention they weren't even good suggestions to start with.

This game has very few players and what do we have? 3 completely separate clusters, with differences between the clusters and even within the Freedom cluster.

I call this dividing the community and this is dumb.

I know it is not possible, but here's my utopia:

*remove Chaos and Epic, but keep player stats (and small downgrading of Epic players because of their easier learning curve)

*1 or 2 new massive worlds, connected to PvE, for all PvP'ers

*easier conditions to create PMKs

*HoTa, WL/BL

*Special things that are unavailable to PvE

*Noobs should start neutral, not belonging to any sort of kingdom.

Edited by Bittereinder

I might use wrong term but it is that demondan mention that I concerned to.. two chances of keeping items (with its respective %), while others have one chance might be what was complained.

OMG with the 'work' on white light... dunno what the deities think of it now :P .

Edited by rosedragon

I read the first 5 pages and I am confused with the trend of the majority of the suggestions are about removing/minimizing the loss and the removing the "gank" bonus.

In the end this is a free for all, the idea of loss is what keeps us all polite and gives the actions and reputation of a player meaning.  

Losing gear is critical and is what give crafters a mission and is what incentivises players sticking together.  Its what makes an evac so thrilling, especially if you get away or if you catch some one.  

I spent 6 months or so on epic.  I enjoyed the threat.  It provided a reason to build and to build smartly.  I never had a pvp battle in that time.  I was able to avoid or evade battles or hunker down in my "fortress" for that time.  It was lots of fun.  The reason I left is the population was too small and my group had fallen apart and I was playing alone which is not fun for me.  The only thing I felt was unbalanced was thieving skills/Lockpicking was a defining skill/problem in epic.  it rendered all locked items meaningless and that felt poorly handled.  I do agree that each security measure should have a counter, but the security/locking thing was an issue.  Particularly how often boats exchanged hands like they were never locked.  Every item had to have a 99 ql lock and that made anything less useless.  Skilling it up was painful and that is why having your deed so naked while your offline is such a problem.  I think traps should be revamped to be more permanent on deed but require consistent maintenance.

The way that was fixed in eve, which I played pvp for years, again avoiding battles in 0.0 and in deep alliance intrigue, was with a reinforce timer on the POS mechanic.  It allowed for those people to defend their real estate while accommodating for the offline real life requirement.  It forces an owner to either defend the asset at a specific time or allows the asset to be destroyed/looted.  This forces deeds to be more than an individual ownership of a real estate asset, but to make it a group asset that can be defended in a coordinated event.  I can't tell you how many all hands on deck calls I've been on to support a corporate asset in a PVP circumstance or how many times I have had to coordinate a huge logistics effort as we had to move under duress or to get out of a threatened position.  All of these require team work, drive community and force a sense team work.  Some of my favorite gaming moments are in eve and in PVP circumstances and I hope we can swing this in that direction.  

The application of timers is delicate and could be impacted by the level of a sieging skill on the attackers part or a defense skill on the owners part.

The idea that creating mechanics to protecting assets from pvp is not effective.  Nothing should be 100% safe.  If you wanted to make a change you could make a change to epic to the security rating of home servers to mimic the high sec/low sec and 0.0 concept in eve.  This would allow a higher margin of safety in the back field and a wild west feel on the front line.  To be honest distance does this just as effectively as gates as raiders don't want to sail for 2 hours to raid a settlement.  I could see this applied is a simple way.

Outer most ring = highets security ( no thievery or draining on deeds, but pvp is enabled and looting bodies is enabled.  Guards buffed etc...High sec war deccing would be fun to allow the right to resolve conflict through struggle)

Middle ring = border regions (Thievery at a penalty, full loot pvp guards normalized and deed draining at a slower rate and drain timer longer)

Inner ring - wild west ( no holds barred pvp drain timers normal)  Draining should require a fight or a deed owner to willfully avoiding it and accept the drain.

The trick is that crafting material should get better as you get into the ring.  I think a ql 50 / ql 75 and ql 100 in each of the respective rings would be the lure the resource gatherers and a driver to pvp and a defense of premium resources.  Again this should be overlaid with travel time.  It should take a while to get resources from the wild west to the perimeter high sec areas. That logistics problem is another reason to travel and creates opportunity for conflict. Also ql should impact travel speed.  A 100 ql boat should be able to overtake a 25ql boat etc...

My two cents.  I'd be down for that experience and I'd play it with out curve or with curve  Although I think with out curve would be my preference.  

Also having a better source of pve monsters to skill up FS would also be helpful.  They should also scale as you to go inwards to force travel.  The idea is to create mechanics that force conflict.

Soto.

I think reason complaints about gear comes down to the 90ql/90woa horse shoes 90ql/90aosp armor like arms race to compete with some people if want to fight even numbers.  And that really high quality stuff is hard to replace, removing the cooldown on enchantments would help make less tedious, with no real downside that I can see.

I think need to be able to lose it but replacing it should be relatively painless if got skills, don't need cooldown and dodgy casts to make artificially slow.

Edited by Rushy

Should remove server graphs from a public directory as kingdoms have tools that alert when players hop borders on Epic so they know when raiders come and exactly how many. It ruins the element if surprise.

• Like 2