Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

PvP easy fruits

More missions and change the way valrei rewards are distributed. luck shouldn't be as big of a factor.

Random valrei item ground spawns (like the ones for saccing, but actually some what useful) within kingdom influences. the way I'm thinking is the items found in your territory are for opposing kingdoms. some for each kingdom. nothing to OP, but little things that can help while your in enemy lands.

Smaller area controlled by battle camps, more normal guards, longer timer for capture. 

Hota - Make it so if you captured a pillar, you can't capture one the next time. People can still come to fight etc. but they  will need to bring more random people out to win. this could make some balance with the way they are now with 1 elite group nearly always winning.

1.  DO you really want to change PvP so more types of players PvP or Just make those that do PvP now do it more?

2.  Choose carefully what you change as I see a lot of me /I want requests in here and not a lot of things for PvP in Wurm expanding as a whole.

3.  I do think the  #1 thing to get people to PvP more is to get more people involved by changing the current System of looting.

4.  I'll be blunt here....I don't care how easy it is to make, cast or what ever....losing all your stuff sucks.  ( esp. if you paid for it. )

5. Good Luck.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

*Give people motivation to leave deed - Awards for capturing towers, battlecamps.

* Definetly fix valrei, balance demi-gods and give more awards for doing Missions.

* The pickup-able furniture and animal's server crossing - Raiders would bring their horses, which means more pvp inland, not only on one side shores, but actual pvp and looting inland, as same as stealing enemy's livestock and furniture (rare forges, etc.)

* Might be random ''spawns'' when you enter enemy territory [the spawns would spawn inside enemy structures, buildings] Can be gems, etc.

* Fix up the armoury either. There's no big use of other armours except Plate.Then why we need the other armours, if they are useless on PVP, as epic is pvp?

... a lot of people seem to agree that a few changes to PvP might increase activity quite a lot and I'm interested in your top 5 suggestions. ...

Be very, very, very careful here.

If you do what people tell you in this thread (and on IRC) you might very well gain 20 people on Elevation and lose 200 on the home servers. Your call whether you think that's a good business decision.

Best business decision is move everyone to ele lol they gotta by deeds again etc etc lololol

-Map/item reset on epic servers

-Keep it so that skill gains are the same but, it is easier to imp items[armor,shield,weps]

-Improve boat speed so that people can get around quicker 

-Revise the Champ system that has risk but doesn't involve constant pvp everyday.

-Make it so that there are no cd on pvp related spells[armor spells, wep spells]

Best business decision is move everyone to ele lol they gotta by deeds again etc etc lololol

Elevation players 36/400

Deliverance players 109/400

Pristine players 129/400

Independence players 157/800

Exodus players 85/800

Celebration players 96/400

Serenity players 82/400

Desertion players 80/400

Golden Valley players 8/400

Release players 104/400

Chaos players 53/800

Affliction players 34/400

Total players973/6000

Now if we take away the casuals from Serenity and Desertion.......does the PvP crowd even make up 150 players out of about 1000???

As soon as you do something really dumb with the Home Servers you will lose over 1/2 Epic's Population.... :P

But never mind that lets just change things on a whim to stir em up and see what happens I mean you always have the faithful "freedumbers" to foot the bill right???

Sorry but any idea's that lean toward Punishing Home Servers, Freedom, ( Casuals / Non PvP ) will only Punish PvP in Wurm and Wurm itself as a whole.

Edited by Protunia

Promoting Chaos to Freedom players and dispelling the rumours that demonise Chaos might be a good start.

• Like 1

Also I've seen a lot of people asking for a map reset some I know have built deeds others I haven't I think some just want to come over to ele when it's completely new again. Ignoring the hard work some have put into ele and their deeds I think if your going to reset ele to reset all home servers as well that will make people decide now they don't have a deed or anything just move to ele and start fresh like everyone else on epic is.

Also this is a full loot game last ive heard that means full loot, not you kill someone and oh woops rez stone you get squat. No "percentage" to lose gear I think you should lose it all no matter what. However if its easier to replace, that means gear QL and enchants on them are easier to make and get. That means its not this huge deal when you lose it.

Edited by Marcus

Now if we take away the casuals from Serenity and Desertion.......does the PvP crowd even make up 150 players out of about 1000???

it is wednesday and not even 4 pm PST. some people are probably still working (I got off early). but there is probably 1000 players, who just don't play at the same time, or as often, etc. 

Edited by Aetherion

Separate the PvP and PvE code into two builds, with common code in a shared library, and then begin improving both sides with changes that won't negatively affect the other.

• Like 1

1) Reduce the chance of item loss. Perhaps base it off a percentage of overall players? i.e. - the fewer players a kingdom has the greater chance at not losing everything. 

2) Make barding viable at stopping damage again.

3) Eliminate Shield of the Gone.

4) Remove farwalker amulets.

5) Provide a stacking fighting buff to offset horrible numbers imbalance ingame. 

Two separate codes for Chaos and Epic

Epic:

• Remove the CR Nerf, It makes the Home servers into PvP recluse servers unless enemies actively travel to them for missions forcing the residents to defend themselves.
  • Remove the unlootable merchants from home servers, its just a cheap way to keep all your stuff safe. You can make it harder then it is on Elevation, but the skill required to do it is one of the worst grinds I've ever tried to do.
  • Fix Valrei, Missions cause PvP on all servers, and its horribly broken - even you Rolf, have no idea whats going on with this "game board"
  • Make battlecamps into something more useful instead of just a quick 4 minute job clearing guards/conquering.
  • HoTA is currently "Hey lets grab as many people as possible and go to the steppe".  There is no chance of beating another kingdom with how gank bonus works.  Make player skill somewhat relevant in fights.
  • Fix Kingdom titles, they're useless and could use a revamp.

Look at Gold 1 and how you messed up, opening the home servers to raiding after having no PvP there.  It made you lose quite a customer base, but that isn't the case now.

On these homeservers, PvP has always possible, but unlikely because of the heavy CR nerf.  Remove that and I guarantee a bunch of people roaming around more on all 4 maps. 

Does that mean the people who don't like PvP will stop playing?

Not necessarily, not everyone will be subjugated to PvP, but the possibility will make people realize that they signed up for a PvP server and not a Freedom server with x3 skillgain.  If you don't realize what you signed up for when you came here, then thats your own damn fault.

Edited by Ezalor

I'm new to epic so I don't know about everything that goes on, but one thing I've noticed is the lack of people on Elevation.  When I came here I was under the impression (with the CR nerf for attackers) that home worlds were generally safe while Elecation was the place to be for pvp.  So I'm actually somewhat surprised at the lack of suggestions to force people to go to Elevation.

If you remove the CR nerf for home worlds, you really end up killing the game to new epic players like myself.  If we spend the coinage to try to buy some enchanted tools and are attempting to skill up and some large team of raiders shows up, kills us and takes our stuff, it's a massive loss.  Once we had the skills though to replace that gear, it would just be the cost of battle, not the cost of RL money to replace it.

So as I said, why not force people to go to Elevation?

My idea, make a temp cap on all curve affected skills on home servers, let's say 60.  This would still allow them to do a fair amount on home servers since the QL is around 80 even at a 60 cap but would force players to go to Elevation to skill up beyond 60 and also make 80+ QL stuff.

Obviously this could just make it so the majority of tools/gear is capped at 80ish QL but it would give people a very good reason to move to elevation.

Maybe even combine this with a 3-6 month reset on the Elevation map.

Just my ideas.

• Like 1

All I suggest is:

Remove the ability to terraform or mine around the WL or BL altars.

• Like 1

I like the ideas of a new chaos map and a better champion system.

• Like 1

Elevation players 36/400

Deliverance players 109/400

Pristine players 129/400

Independence players 157/800

Exodus players 85/800

Celebration players 96/400

Serenity players 82/400

Desertion players 80/400

Golden Valley players 8/400

Release players 104/400

Chaos players 53/800

Affliction players 34/400

Total players973/6000

As soon as you do something really dumb with the Home Servers you will lose over 1/2 Epic's Population.... :P

But never mind that lets just change things on a whim to stir em up and see what happens I mean you always have the faithful "freedumbers" to foot the bill right???

Sorry but any idea's that lean toward Punishing Home Servers, Freedom, ( Casuals / Non PvP ) will only Punish PvP in Wurm and Wurm itself as a whole.

Thats why I suggested in another post do nothing to home servers but buff elevation with special perks and more of a reason to be there.

• Like 2

This Thread needs to be on the Epic or Chaos forum section. 

• Like 4

All I suggest is:

Remove the ability to terraform or mine around the WL or BL altars.

Just cause you did not have the idea first right...

• Like 1

This Thread needs to be on the Epic or Chaos forum section. 

Yeah that's the ticket stuff it away where only the few, the proud, the "current" PvPers can say anything at all about how to improve the dying PvP in Wurm.  That's a sure fire way to get more people to come over and PvP by far.....

I think he's doing this the right way btw as the game needs input from all types of players who do, will, or might even PvP.

With the right changes it could open the door for many many more players who would come and have fun PvPing.

With closed door changes....as usual we will see a small bump for a month....

Edited by Protunia

I am scared guys! The last time Rolf asked for our opinion on what should be done with Wild people who didn't play on Wild argued loud enough that Rolf listened and removed PVP and permanently scarred the world we loved. BL has yet to recover from that mess.

There should be 2 forum posts. 1 in Chaos and another in Epic and everyone else just needs to butt out and go play with their carebears!

• Like 6

No long explanations since there isn't time for long implementation anyways. Try to think fairly simple fixes adding maybe one variable or two.

Ok I've thought long and hard on this statement to coincide with my earlier idea, since I'm a programmer myself I have some general ideas about how my idea could be implemented.

Currently there is a flag on characters for premium, the removal of that flag would place a temp cap of 20 on all skills and attributes and restrict any growth of those skills or attributes past that 20 mark.  My idea would implement the new flag of 'Elevation', the removal of that flag (for epic users only) would put the exact same restrictions as free accounts, but at a level of 60.

Once you enter the Elevation map, the flag gets added and this would allow you to skill past 60.  This makes it so home worlds stay safe (ish) but would force players that wanted to skill past 60 to move (at least temporarily) to Elevation.  It is also an incredibly easy idea to implement and would definitely make an impact on how many people were on Elevation on any given time which would (hopefully) increase the amount of pvp on Epic.

• Like 1

I think the biggest problem for me and most other players is the gap that has widened on Chaos and freedom for years.  This is stuff that makes it harder for the server to grow, and get new competitive fighters.   In any case it makes it nearly impossible for a new forming kingdom with inexperienced fighters able to ever compete with any established kingdoms with fighters who have the indicted skills.

This is why I feel this way.   

1. The Meditation skill change.    The biggest issue I think that directly affect pvp is the removal of enlightenment, AND the adding of meditation skill gain as requirements to meditation.   This was done when we already had a ton of the top players with the path requirements to get shield of the gone or one of the other path abilities that greatly affect pvp. This pretty much makes it a requirement for a player to work for years even to have the ability to compete.   It eliminates the capacity for casual players even to dream about having any good mediation abilities.  It was the worst change I've ever seen in Wurm, and It created a massive gap between new players and old.  

2. The Shield  bash gap.   Most of us that don't have 50-80 shield bashing from back when there was no timer can't compete with players that have a 90-100% bash chance with a long stun timer.  Also, the skill gain on shield skills in general have been changed, it is also much harder to get shield bash skill ticks.

These two issues directly affect PvP, and can be fixed.   What needs to happen with Meditation is a reversal to the old system or actually increase skill gain to parity.    A reversal is probably best since the path abilities are already so widely used.  

I would entirely like an explanation why this ever needed a fix in the first place.   Both sides had plenty of path leaders for enlightenment, and even if they didn't I don't see why it matters anyways. They are caught up now for the most part, and were then when the change was first implemented.  The only thing this effects now are new players who have to wait for years to even be on par with other fighters.   

The shield bash gain makes a massive difference, especially when you are thinking about PMKs both the MR and JK have people with decent shield bashing skills, and any newcomers wouldn't be able to skill up the skill to decent levels for years at the rate you currently gain.  

The biggest reason it takes so long is the skill ticks are so pathetic.   Even against aggressive champ animals the gain is horrible.    If this was changed and balanced on better parity it would work.  Its an easy fix there.  

These issues are not the only ones on chaos like it, just the two that I think can be easily fixed.  The windows of opportunity have left long scars across the server.  Trying to let new players get competitive is a serious challenge.   This isn't talking about 1v1s but battles on a large scale when meditation abilities like Shield of the Gone, and very good shield bashes are quite noticeable.  

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 4

1. Remove CR nerf from the home servers and Make enemies unable to log off on home servers (Epic)

2. Locks on Minedoors (to fix minehopping PvP) 

3. Rework Champions System to be more attractive that players wants to come on Elevation (for example remove faith reset to 50 to encourage longterm players to become Champions and make PvP)

4. More events like HoTA with new rewards

5. More Siege Weapons