Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

PvP easy fruits

1. Remove CR nerf from the home servers and Make enemies unable to log off on home servers (Epic)

2. Locks on Minedoors (to fix minehopping PvP) 

3. Rework Champions System to be more attractive that players wants to come on Elevation (for example remove faith reset to 50 to encourage longterm players to become Champions and make PvP)

4. More events like HoTA with new rewards

5. More Siege Weapons

Edited by vill
  • Like 3

Since i play on Chaos my suggestions are Chaos only:

1- New map for Chaos possibly smaller with 4 Standard Kingdoms.

2- Add portals from Pristine/Release to Chaos.

3- Fix Champion System.

4- Code WL area like Epic on Chaos or the new Chaos.

5- Disable server cross while enemies in local and open west border too.

Absolutely NOT a smaller Chaos map! I hate those tiny epic maps and will quit the game if forced to play on one. If you don't like the large map of Chaos, go play Epic!

• Like 3

I truly don't understand why some people feel that they should be Gods and untouchable. Only in the movies can you get a 20v1 and 1 wins. There is no way possible that a 5v1 should end anyway but bad for the 1 no matter what skills he has.

With 5 people attacking at once a person with a shield in one hand and a weapon in the other can never hope to block all attacks. Thats just stupid.

This suggestion comes from people with an elitest mentality who wants to stand in the middle of the battlefield like a God, scoffing and one hitting all the fodder around him.

Itts that kind of mentality that has got chaos into the trouble its in now, It leaves people who train their accounts up to be nothing more than cannon fodder to a gank. 5 50fs fighters could take down 1 100fs fighter. And again it leaves chaos in the state its in, because its about numbers or no pvp at all

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't think any of these suggestions will actually help more pvp happen (on the Chaos server.) The problems currently going on in the Chaos server is due to one kingdom having problems internally. 

That's my opinion.

Comment like this make me laugh, trolling is for you always at the gates. Just go in enemy land if you want pvp.

Gear is fine the way it is IMO, I'm quoting this straight from Jackburton "If people can go harvest/tend 150 tiles of farm fields but don't make the time to improve their armor and weapons, their priorities aren't straight"

• Like 3

Comment like this make me laugh, trolling is for you always at the gates. Just go in enemy land if you want pvp.

We have. 10 MR hit one of your deeds in the northwest, I've been going to hota for the past 5 times, if that's not actively opening myself, or other MRs to the possibility of pvp then I don't know what is. 

Jenn Kellon hasn't raided in a good few months, I'm not knocking anyone like you Davy, I want the server to be balanced for more pvp, I am just stating that the problem right now is with internal problems. I want both kingdoms to be adults about this and recognize the problem, so Rolf knows and doesn't break something on the Chaos server. 

Well im not a crafter really and dont want to lose a plate set as some poor guy has to i assume spend ages to replace it, if chain was balanced i could maybe make my own and not get laughed at.  Maybe just horseshoes and possibly arrows need a bit of imping love.

Edited by Rushy

Lower prem cost -> increase in players -> more people that may pvp

• Like 5

Absolutely NOT a smaller Chaos map! I hate those tiny epic maps and will quit the game if forced to play on one. If you don't like the large map of Chaos, go play Epic!

Yeah, not small like Epic but a bit less than how now it is. Anyway a smaller map make stay enemies more close = more pvp.

• Like 1

Itts that kind of mentality that has got chaos into the trouble its in now, It leaves people who train their accounts up to be nothing more than cannon fodder to a gank. 5 50fs fighters could take down 1 100fs fighter. And again it leaves chaos in the state its in, because its about numbers or no pvp at all

I don't understand. 5 50FS fighters should be able to take down a single 100FS fighter. In any situation if you see 5 decent fighters coming at you, you should be thinking of taking defensive measures. ie running.

1. Make improved siege weapons since currently catapults are unreliable at best and/or fix catapults to damage every tile border on a tile again.
2. Make HOTA worth going to by adding additional incentives
3. Rebalance armor/weapons to get some people out of the standard plate with longswords.
4. Remove/rework battlecamps to make them something more than they are. Also strategically place them.
5. Rework/rebalance priests (i recommend getting feedback specifically on this from some PVPers)

Thats what comes to mind although im sure there are much more.

• Like 2

HOTA winner tends to snowball and be just whichever kingdom has the most fighters at the time harvests the rewards for some months or so, which is why I'd really dislike adding to the rewards on that. I sure am biased though, as I prefer not to not fight on scheduled times but rather when I feel like it.

• Like 1

I think a kingdom wide buff that isnt too gamebreaking would be right kind of incentive than something physical.  Just to make your kingdoms lives a bit easier and then want to keep that so go to hota and fight for it.  No idea what exactly though.  bonus faith? more chance of rares i dunno

Edited by Rushy

1. Better benefits to battlecamps (atm they are useless, guards bugged, no added bonus then easy champ points, on a server where no one champs)

2. PvP has become more of a numbers game. I believe to reduce the gank bonus, not completely remove it. Oldest accounts will have a slight advantage, but not the kind of advantage ganks gives against better accounts atm.

3. Fix Champion system.

4. Return to original catapulting system.

5. Slower guard towers guards.

Edited by demondan
  • Like 2

1. Make improved siege weapons since currently catapults are unreliable at best and/or fix catapults to damage every tile border on a tile again.

2. Make HOTA worth going to by adding additional incentives

3. Rebalance armor/weapons to get some people out of the standard plate with longswords.

4. Remove/rework battlecamps to make them something more than they are. Also strategically place them.

5. Rework/rebalance priests (i recommend getting feedback specifically on this from some PVPers)

Thats what comes to mind although im sure there are much more.

Regarding #5 what about creating new and stronger battle magics for priests but with the restriction of only being allowed to wear cloth armor while casting? Priests stay way behind the front lines and need to be protected.

More NPC on chaos for hunting.... Fight Skill isn't easy to gain on chaos or if any make chaos mobs give more fighting related skills and in return buff their strength?

Give defending a deed a buff when there are more enemy's then allies :/

Edited by AlphaWolfen
  • Like 2

Instead of having multiple hotas a week just have one on the weekends with more KG of lump, I think this would increase the player count at hota which in the end increase the possibility of pvp at HOTA.

- Make Studded Leather have almost no speed penalty, Make chain have less of a speed penalty(you currently move at...12.5x or something in chain w/ a great helm, make it to where you move 14.5x or 15)(On Cobble) and more glance rate against archery on both

- Make Aggresive fighting increase your dmg by 25% flat, but make parrying with a weapon not possible(can Still block with shields, much much lower rate)

-Tower guards attacking horses, its dumb, put a 40 ql spear/huge axe, or even a shod club and theyre destroying horses, even without weapons they do to much

Tower guards should only attack a horse if guards are called on them.

- Remove Battle camps

- Lower walk speed penalty for High Web Armour casts, if you hit someone with 80+ web armour youll move at .87km/h for like 10 secs

- Add a Stunned from Shield bash Cooldown, i.e if you have been stunned by a shield bash make it to where you cannot be stunned by another for 15 seconds

- Lower parry Rate for Large Axes

- Make Certain armour types have FAR higher glance rate against certain damage types, Leather for Mauling, chain for cutting, plate for piercing

- Make mine doors pickable, but not easily so

Edited by Gone420
  • Like 2

1) make battle camps more important, e.g. make the guards respawn (!!!), give 2 glimmer / adamantite lump (random QL between 40-100) when a camp is conquered, make it drop 2 lumps at the camp centre every 2 full days it's been held

2) make imping horse shoes faster

3) leave casting difficulty as it is, but remove the cooldown

Thats it for now.

Target area and player collision detection. Make a good formation, shields at the front archers at the back, block a gap and you have the Spartan's 300 stopping the Persians.

Mechanics for fighting back to back so that only X players can attack you in small groups or pairs (removes flanking)

Absolutely, 1000% yes.

Also, remove FS/Affinity farming from alts so players are forced to get their FS and affinities from actually killing Enemies.

• Like 1

[Chaos only]

(Cant speak about general issues / Epic as i dont play there)

#1 Open Chaos West border to freedom.

How it would help pvp? Having west open, i would surely lurk around that coast same as some daredevil MR Fo has been doing at East coast. Besides MR been screwed over having harder traveling from their mainlands ever since.

#2 Tune down / disable Towers guards insane aggro rate on horses.

#3 Something new about kingdom influences which would make us to expand, to capture more towers (Adds to Battlecamps issue)

Something to get me interested to leave deed. Sorry, good old Numbers pvp dont fancy me, it bores me, sure i can pop by some mr deed or hota, but if there's more then 2 fighters i will be gone in a second :P

#4 New rank award system

(Yes, i do realize that its my enemies at top ranks now)

Maybe small buffs for rank titles or small item rewards, nothing game breaking, just something for me to bug to work towards it.

#5 PS - Do Not remove ress stones, that would only make Less pvp. Knowing you will surely drop your items on death, ppl would risk to pvp Far less. (Not going to happen ofc) But maybe make them a coin cheaper so more ppl can afford it? Tho that wouldnt change anything much at all.

As for pvp in general, personally i just dont see such urge to focus on it as i simply dont feel that its that rewarding. Besides its always been about Numbers, only with somewhat equal numbers pvp will happen, under specific conditions. Everyone know that, if i go to Hota with just 3-4 guys and i see there are 7 equal enemies, why i should even head into sure suicide?

*EDIT

Having a thought about it now, i agree on point about Tuning Down Gank Bonus.

It's not about elitism or arguing about common sense that one should be weak against superior numbers, but its To strong.

2 decent 70FS fighters could get a close call on 1 good 90FS fighter. If not 2, then 3 surely.

Even if i know i can surely take down those 2-3 guys one by one, i wouldn't even risk facing them all at once.

(Reminds me of an incident year, two ago, when 8-10 Non prem, No FS alts geared with huge clubs and maybe one or two low ql weaps, just R--ed Good fighter in drake)

Or one from old timers, 90/90/90 "elite" pvper who i recall died to 8 or so goblins due low stam and not being on horse.

Edited by DonAngelo
  • Like 4

My post is about chaos.

Suggesting what to change although great, is not my thing cause I dont have much pvp experience. I find it though, equally important to suggest on what NOT to change because no changes are better than bad changes. And boy did we hear some really bad changes in this topic: 

No map resets

Some people decide to invest on their characters by grinding their skills but some others invest on territorial expansion. Although it might seem unfair to Jenn Kellon, we put a lot of effort to bash the White Light, making the new location a hell pit and even expanding our territory with many new deeds. It would be very unfair to lose it all. As for the artifacts, it is a guarantee that MR will use them in combat, giving JK the opportunity to get them back and since I have no doubt that guys like Gavin will never change their artifact policy, I think we do have a silver lining here.

Dont remove gank bonus completely

Reduce its effect, but dont remove it. Very strong vs very weak accounts in chaos are already a demotivation for some people. I feel very embarassed when I spar with people like Zivirt and dont even manage to land a single hit. Give us the weak boys a change to defend ourselves and our deeds when we are in a pack. Three 70+ combat stats guys should be able to take a monster down. So no Maximusthegreat, despite the good things I've heard about you from MR, I really wouldn't like to see you soloing my deed to the ground and me staying behind my walls unable to do anything besides running my mouth wild. Your suggestion seems totally selfish.

Dont close the server borders

Most of chaos players are freedomers turned adventure mode on. Very few chaos newbies turn to seasonal players. Most of them quit in a week or move to freedom. Also I don't see why one should bother coding border blocking when enemies in local. PvP rarely happens around the border.  If we get more borders maybe this is a good idea too.

Thats all.

I think there have been placed a lot of great ideas in this topic. I especially liked the: revamping of champ system, a better HotA with more duration, nerfed tower guards, better wind, more connected chaos borders with freedom ( west, north, south bla bla ).

I suggest we start with the easier things to do ( guards, horses, wind ) and see how the server feels. Champ system and HotA/Event althought a must-do modifications, should be changed responsiblly with a lot of testing.

Edited by Issle
  • Like 1

Overhaul the way you control your character in PvP similar to WOW or Darkfall.  If you dare show someone outside of Wurm a pvp video they probably will not start playing this game.

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 1

Posted a few long posts lately about what to do to increase PvP, but some quick fixes could be:

1) increase rewards for HoTA's, deed draining, missions and killing people.

2) someone suggested random rewards on map, could increase roaming around.

3) faster way to replace your lost gear.

4) horses always die in battle, maybe remove the CR gain from them? Other means of transportation in battle?

5) remove CR nerf on home servers.

6) bonus if you're not on deed?

• Like 1

Collisions as in if you charge an unmounted player with a horse and you colide, they should get a wound and a stun depending on speed and other variables. Would make for more realistic pvp.