Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

PvP easy fruits

Someone said pvp on Freedom. I'd be happy with limited freedom pvp with limited loot and raid options. Say for example, non consensual declared war on a village (village vs village) with a suitable silver cost to do so for xxx days (Eve like) with the ability to partially loot slain victims (1-5 random dropped items) and a limited window of opportunity where you can damage a target deed (say 30 minutes a day starting from when the first hostile player enters the deed perimeter.) 

I'd also buff deed spirit guards vs players in this instance to make sure that if you really wanted to mess with another player, you'd have to be pretty serious about it. 

Someone said pvp on Freedom. I'd be happy with limited freedom pvp with limited loot and raid options. Say for example, non consensual declared war on a village (village vs village) with a suitable silver cost to do so for xxx days (Eve like) with the ability to partially loot slain victims (1-5 random dropped items) and a limited window of opportunity where you can damage a target deed (say 30 minutes a day starting from when the first hostile player enters the deed perimeter.) 

No, thank you. Freedom is where players go who have opted out of PVP. Force that on them and you will have many leaving the game.

What might be worth considering is that there are cool down timers on Chaos players so that they can be attacked by Freedom players (which would open them to a PVP cool down, in turn) or they can be followed across by other Chaos players.

1, Chaos server RESET, Brand new map, new places to discover. Like anything out there, the longer it sits the longer it stagnates. I've always though map resets bring new sense of adventure to a game.

2, Give people something to fight for, unique resources to gather, Such as Gem veins, Adamite veins, Glimmer steel veins etc. Limit it to one island/ place to fight over. "you want the resources then you have to go there and fight for your cut"

3, Give people NPC Mobs to fight, Such as Trolls and Goblins, They build small towns and attack settlements etc, This brings people together to fight for something. The problem with Chaos is, its boring, Giving simple tasks to NPC Mobs to gang up and attack settlements gives players something to do 50% of the time.

4, Remove Gank bonus all together!!, I cant stress this enough! When you fight a group it should be 1 person against 1 person. In historic battles do you see 5 people attacking 1 man? no, its usually 1 on 1 fighting until that man is dead, then you move onto the next. I personally think Gank bonus is the biggest killer in PVP, it creates fear for individual players to go out on their own (thus the stagnation)

5, Allow horses to move faster with barding on, Many battles i had when horses were first implemented and barding didn't slow the horse down, because players didn't feel trapped by a slow horse in barding. Horses without barding are much faster but too easy to kill. So players feel less inclined to stop and fight. Increasing the speed of horses with barding gives players more sense of security.

1, to 4, +1

5 (there should still be a cost to the benefit but maybe some tweaking.)

4. Fix zerg = win. Might encourage smaller groups to go out and look for pvp. Not sure how exactly this could be implemented, though.

Target area and player collision detection. Make a good formation, shields at the front archers at the back, block a gap and you have the Spartan's 300 stopping the Persians.

Mechanics for fighting back to back so that only X players can attack you in small groups or pairs (removes flanking)

Edited by Jenshiye

Alter battlecamps,  have atleast 15-20 guards per camp and once someone starts capping they rush for the middle of the tower. Battlecamps right now is litterally just there for farming rank.

Hunt of the ancients shouldn't be supressed into such a small area, the pillars should be able to spawn anywhere on the map but of course there should be restrictions like not inside deed perimeter or inside a mine, let them have a stronger glow so they are easier to identify. Smaller groups will now be able to participate in this event due to the larger kingdoms having to split up their forces in order to catch all pillars, thus skilled but few players have a chance to succeed in winning hota over a larger force or killing enemies at the event.

Attempt to make different weapons and different armors have a role, currently chain leather and cloth armor are useless, they have no role in this game. Weapons are more balanced than armors but there's still an obvious choice, the longsword is the best weapon overall.

Code those long awaited BL spells that people have been waiting for, right now people are buying vynora priests just so that they can have a chance in PvP, Libila needs an equivalent to nimbleness or locate soul.

And no truehit isn't nimbleness, you'll have to toss it on right before PvP and it can be dispelled which makes it extremely unreliable.

Edited by merce
  • Like 8

REMOVE THE ENCHANTING COOLDOWN ON EPIC.

Or make priests cast higher by default, so people won't be so afraid to lose their high-stat gear.

• Like 1

I really do like the no gank bonus... would make PvP very interesting and would make me want to go out definately if it was removed!

Bringing back dual wielding weapons. Remove off hand swing timers.

Edited by Carmichael
  • Like 5

Please give Libilapriest Priesthood and Skills return after returning to Wild :wacko:

1) Remove CR nerf from home servers

or

2) implement a max ore quality on home servers

or

3) Skill level decay if above 70 and living long term on a home server.

Rolf is going to say there is no gank bonus.

What we refer to gank bonus is when 5 people attack 1 and the guy getting attacked has no chance to  block all those hits.

That is what we refer to as gank bonus rolf.

As suggested by nosyt and myself in that thread I posted is a fix to that.

• Like 2

Allow the Libila Fan Club members to stitch together abominations for a super zombie. It will last for one day

• Like 1

1. Open the HoTA to all Freedom servers and move the playing field to its own small island server. Ask if you would like to join the HoTA and teleport the person there and teleport them back home. Have a no item loss on death or loss of affinity or skill loss. Remove PMK affilation and reward the winning village.

• Like 3

Give us the right to kos someone to the entire kingdom and all the towers, or just to completely remove them from the kingdom.

Edited by Azog
  • Like 2

Faster improving for people who have crafting titles displayed related to the item. For example a titled blacksmith with the title active can imp horseshoes faster for less skillgain. Higher titles give greater correlating results.

Select kingdom offices can set /reputation (-100 is the limit) on players within their kingdoms.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 4

No one mentioned the over use of mines in pvp!?

- Fix the minehop issue

• Like 4

Faster improving for people who have crafting titles displayed related to the item. For example a titled blacksmith with the title active can imp horseshoes faster for less skillgain. Higher titles give greater correlating results.

Select kingdom offices can set /reputation (-100 is the limit) on players within their kingdoms.

Because this is pvp related

Rolf is going to say there is no gank bonus.

What we refer to gank bonus is when 5 people attack 1 and the guy getting attacked has no chance to  block all those hits.

That is what we refer to as gank bonus rolf.

As suggested by nosyt and myself in that thread I posted is a fix to that.

I truly don't understand why some people feel that they should be Gods and untouchable. Only in the movies can you get a 20v1 and 1 wins. There is no way possible that a 5v1 should end anyway but bad for the 1 no matter what skills he has.

With 5 people attacking at once a person with a shield in one hand and a weapon in the other can never hope to block all attacks. Thats just stupid.

This suggestion comes from people with an elitest mentality who wants to stand in the middle of the battlefield like a God, scoffing and one hitting all the fodder around him.

• Like 3

Honestly, I don't think any of these suggestions will actually help more pvp happen (on the Chaos server.) The problems currently going on in the Chaos server is due to one kingdom having problems internally. 

That's my opinion.

No one mentioned the over use of mines in pvp!?

- Fix the minehop issue

Didn't read the thread? :P

Since i play on Chaos my suggestions are Chaos only:

1- New map for Chaos possibly smaller with 4 Standard Kingdoms.

2- Add portals from Pristine/Release to Chaos.

3- Fix Champion System.

4- Code WL/BL area like Epic on Chaos or the new Chaos.

5- Disable server cross while enemies in local and open west border too.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 4

I really do like the no gank bonus... would make PvP very interesting and would make me want to go out definately if it was removed!

Bringing back dual wielding weapons. Remove off hand swing timers.

+1 to dual weapons

Edited by Gaustyrr

Implementing any way of anti-ganking will pretty much just hurt new players.

• Like 1

1. Easier to replace gear, particularly horse gear.

2. Make gear more balanced, so prehaps an offensive, dodge, stealth, arrow shooting penalty on plate to make chain / studded more used. Or buff other armor.

3. remove home server CR penalty.

4.Maybe look at preists and remove some restrictions, ie archery on vyn and fo but possibly a big reduction in many terraforming type restrictions like woodcutting/ mining/ digging, I want to priest  my main character becomes unfeasable.  Some Broken spells too,

5. And lastly battlecamps need something i dont see the point and guards going for horses suck too.

6. and the /who is used too much as intel so could be cool to delay it somewhat

Edited by Rushy
  • Like 1