Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

PvP easy fruits

Hi,

a lot of people seem to agree that a few changes to PvP might increase activity quite a lot and I'm interested in your top 5 suggestions. If someone else has written the same or a similar suggestion please post anyways so I see which ones are most popular.

No long explanations since there isn't time for long implementation anyways. Try to think fairly simple fixes adding maybe one variable or two.

• Like 6

Battle Camp Influences.

More rewards from killing someone capturing towers/battle camps

• Like 1

1. Change battlecamps

2. Change champ system on Chaos

3. Reverse or revise the catapulting system as it makes raiding very hard.

4. Make it so under 20fs chars give affinities again.

5. Make it so tower guards dont 100% always attack your horse.

• Like 13

I'll repeat that here: Elevation Map reset keeping players' skills, inventory and stats.

• Like 6

Address it the assorted issues with free, throwaway accounts being used to:

a) scout

B) grab loot during a raid and log off

c) attack enemy horses - even 20 FS accounts can kill horses, or would them enough to slow them

d) set twigs/stones and suicide to deliver them

• Like 1

Be able to imp gear faster. Swords, shield, barding, horse shoes, arrows etc.

Also make enchanting easier and remove the cool downs.

Fix the rank system. Make it rely less on zergs

Remove guard towers attacking horses.

Doing those 4 things would make me happy.

Edited by AceRifle
  • Like 8

1. Variety with respect to armor and weapons and how they interact with each other.

2. Remove archery ability while wearing great helm to simulate lack of visibility.

3. Remove tower guards attacking horses automagically.

4. Battle camp influences need to be smaller and harder to conquer.

5. Periodic full map and skill resets of Epic cluster.

• Like 11

Fix unraidable deeds. Many deeds cannot be raided because of geographical location, exploitation of no longer existing game features (see 300+ dirt walls) and so forth. This stifles almost all raiding activity since most deeds that would be worth raiding, cannot be.

• Like 1

Reduce the fear of dying.

To my mind the two top reasons people don't want to pvp (or at least don't want to risk losing)  are based on both the potential skill/affinity loss (gear not so much...who actually brings the good stuff with anyway?), and the fear of appearing on the wrong end of a death tab in the forum because of how that might "look"......or be ridiculed.

Probably possible to adjust the first.....

The second is about attitude.....I doubt the solution lies with the Devs.

• Like 1

I dont PvP because there isnt really an option for 1v1 [sure u can do it, but that's stupid if u meet 4 people on your way]

Id love to see PvP with more 1v1, not only 'who has the stronger team'

Add PvP for freedom. [i mean every server, indy, deli, exo, cele, pris and rele]

a zone where people can fight for rewards like affinities or make spars/duels worth the pain :)

PvP where you dont lose your items.

Free For All matches, no teaming :) with some rewards.

Fixing fighting system would already be a huge change to PvP

New players vs people who played +5years already

In other games for example 20levels wont be fighting 100levels, because thats just silly.

Feels stupid to just sit in ur deed for months until u can face some of these old folks in fights.

[ Not able to have real PvP action within the first 7days :) just skill grinding ]

I love pvp and the feeling of it, but in wurm I just cant find it enjoyable like it is right now.

I know some of my ideas are hard to implent, but im sure atleast 1v1 option in PvP would drag a lot more in to it.

Edited by silakka
  • Like 4

* Remove tower guards attacking horses automatically; same with deed guards.

* Slow tower guards down on Chaos - it might not be an issue on Epic but on Chaos the map is plastered with them

* Improve the catapulting code especially vs multiple story house - multiple story houses are extremely difficult to destroy as you hit the upper floors first; there should be a way to target the bottom floor

* Make it so 'good' wind is more common - I hate using boats at the best of times but it seems like every time I jump in one there is a gale blowing the opposite direction or no breeze at all.

* Remove cooldowns on AoSP, CoC, WA etc only things that should have cooldowns are combat spells.

Other suggestion:

* Allow PMK rulers to change their title! As various crafting titles give bonuses to improve it is very frustrating and there is like a 10 page thread in suggestions about this with unanimous support.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 9

Be able to imp gear faster. Swords, shield, barding, horse shoes, arrows etc.

Please no, it is soooo easy on epic. This would make being a skilled crafter completely useless.

Any way here's what I think:

- Implement locks on minedoors so they can be lockpicked

- Remove CR nerf from the home servers

- Make enemies unable to leave the world on home servers

EDIT:

- Change /who for the epic cluster servers to be delayed [16:30:38] 22 other players were online an hour ago. You are on Elevation.

Edited by Joemog
  • Like 7

I have three suggestion:

1.Remove the drake set or dragon scales  :P

2.Take bonus when an enemy is defeated

3.Take affinity and FS even if the enemy is not premium   :lol:

Edited by Faster

1. Makes Defensive Aggressive and Normal actually have better properties

2. At some point make a new a new map for Elevation pvp

3. Make chain/studded actually useful in pvp and not just plate

4. Remove guards/animals just auto-attacking horses every time you ride by at any speed

5. Remove CR nerfs for home servers (epic)

6.* Allow more than 20 people to be able to target a unique (epic)

7.* Remove res stones (epic)

Edited by Holar
  • Like 5

1. Makes Defensive Aggressive and Normal actually have better properties

All the bonuses are pretty significant, I don't see the issue. What exactly do you want from them? :) Not trying to be negative, but I'm kind of curious about this one.

EDIT: Just saw you added "remove res stones", YES PLEASE

Edited by Joemog

This is so hard... please think things through before implementing. I hope you mean like really quick and totally obviously good things to change or fix (like guards attacking horses).

Altering game mechanics can have very bad effects if not thought through and should not be done too quickly.

-- 

Some random thoughts:

Imp gears faster, maybe some, like arrows and horse shoes.  - small effect on pvp predicted

locks on minedoors, interesting idea - this will effect PvP for sure, but for better or worse in terms of amount of PvP?

Possibility to rez cared for horses at deed token once per hour? - Horses are a pain to breed, this makes life a bit easier.

Limit free loot if you die in enemy territories? So defenders get only one or two random items from attackers but attackers can fully loot. - should make people go raiding more often

out of ideas for the moment...

Pre-ff on wild nor/def/agg were all balanced in their own way. Defensive was extremely good and you could still hit hard but not as often and it used a bit more stamina due to blocking. Normal was the middle man you could hit hard and pretty often and block fairly often. Aggressive to give an example was just a crazy guy jumping in towards the end of the fight with dual weapons just chopping at air hopefully hitting something.

The only useful stance IMO is normal you hit often and block often, with aggressive you just get hit more and really don't do "that"  much more damage. Figihting in defensive is only useful for shield training and running away in pvp, like you couldn't stand there and fight in defensive and be effective. But this is just my opinion

• Like 1

not being able to mount a horse even if being lead within 10 tiles of an enemy

With aggressive fighting you get a roll with up to 35% more damage, as well as a 10% attackspeed with 2-handers and defensive is really great too.

About 95% of people use normal fighting though because its the most "consistent" but its just a suggestion :)

• Like 1

1) Huge mysterious objects that give area bonuses like an altar (e.g. +% skill gain), draggable, can not cross server, can not enter a mine. (People break into each other's settlements to get them).

2) Barding, saddles, shoes, bridle for cows, bulls, buffalo, etc, I want a war cow! :D

3) More parry for small weapons, less for huge.

4) Alternative weapons, for example, butcher's knife faster than small weapon but remains feeble on damage.

5) Get hold of some veteran BL players and find out why so many turned MR to feel they finally had a chance.

Edited by Jenshiye
  • Like 1

1. Balance armour types.

2. Balance weapons and shields. Make the difference between using a small shield and a large shield noticable.

3. Add some sort of Team(Kingdom) Arena pvp minigame where you don't lose items/affinities. Similar to HotA but on a smaller scale.

4. Fix zerg = win. Might encourage smaller groups to go out and look for pvp. Not sure how exactly this could be implemented, though.

• Like 4

1, Chaos server RESET, Brand new map, new places to discover. Like anything out there, the longer it sits the longer it stagnates. I've always though map resets bring new sense of adventure to a game.

2, Give people something to fight for, unique resources to gather, Such as Gem veins, Adamite veins, Glimmer steel veins etc. Limit it to one island/ place to fight over. "you want the resources then you have to go there and fight for your cut"

3, Give people NPC Mobs to fight, Such as Trolls and Goblins, They build small towns and attack settlements etc, This brings people together to fight for something. The problem with Chaos is, its boring, Giving simple tasks to NPC Mobs to gang up and attack settlements gives players something to do 50% of the time.

4, Remove Gank bonus all together!!, I cant stress this enough! When you fight a group it should be 1 person against 1 person. In historic battles do you see 5 people attacking 1 man? no, its usually 1 on 1 fighting until that man is dead, then you move onto the next. I personally think Gank bonus is the biggest killer in PVP, it creates fear for individual players to go out on their own (thus the stagnation)

5, Allow horses to move faster with barding on, Many battles i had when horses were first implemented and barding didn't slow the horse down, because players didn't feel trapped by a slow horse in barding. Horses without barding are much faster but too easy to kill. So players feel less inclined to stop and fight. Increasing the speed of horses with barding gives players more sense of security.

Edited by Maximustehgreat
  • Like 10

1. Fix Valrei, make it more about doing missions and stopping people from completing missions, and not only about RNG.

2. Fix battlecamps, move the ones that are in horrible locations (On top of peoples deeds), and make them actually have a decent timer to capture so people can respond.

3. Fix reinforcements, prevent people from using them to create vaults that are impossible to access by collapsing/reinforcing a safemine.(Currently its pretty much impossible to raid for any "good loot", as if anyone is online from the deed, the safemine will generally be reinforced)

4. Remove enchanting cooldowns.

5. Either make horses faster to replace, or make them less of a requirement.

• Like 1