Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Slew of bugfixes

Nice update Rolf, good mix of bugfixing and adding features.

Quoting from the suggestion thread:

Any raiders coming to a home server now know that they will be welcomed by both the home server population and the Elevation population of that kingdom. Bad idea. While the raiders need to sail to the home server the Elevation part of that kingdom can just teleport to the home server at will. Is this some sci-fi game?

The people teleporting over will need to have boats ready near the starter deed. In some cases it may be better to sail over than too spawn at somewhere like glittershore. Remember, that there is also a 1 hour cooldown on the portal. You need to make sure you are doing the right thing when you use it.

Also: The effect of this change might well be just the exact opposite of what is wanted: Even less people live on Elevation, they all live on the home server and just teleport over for the HotA.

Yes it may have an opposite effect for now, but that is due to the incentives that Rolf has put in. There is just far more pros to living on a homeserver than there is living on Elevation. Until something is done (eg animal cap doubled on Elevation is a good start), people will just choose the option that they think is best.

• Gift wrapping has been disabled for now since it was mostly used for other things and sometimes bugged out

Well, what do you expect? You nerfed gift wrapping to hell from its intended purpose. I could not wrap one single gift this Christmas, because the "spirits" were tempted to steal it. Of course it was being used for "other things"... we couldn't use it for what it was intentionally for!

All you've done here is put another nail in the mailing system coffin. May as well just get rid of that too. Also, since the only "other things" gift wrapping was being used for was decay/loss prevention, you guys should probably also get rid of F2P players, because that's how everyone is going to prevent their things from rotting/being looted. /sarcasm

You guys really need to stop touching stuff that isn't broken and focus on things that are (floorboards, mailing system, etc.),  or have been promised (bridges, wagons, etc.)

• Like 8

^ What he said. I've been avoiding creating storage alts for as long as I can because I only want alts that I actually play on, but I get pelts of good QL so seldom when I butcher that I can't afford not to save the ones I get. I don't want to weigh down characters that I play on so a storage alt will pretty much be a necessity.

(And not to sound all negative, because I'm really not: Great job on the bugfixes!)

Edited by Aeris

Well, what do you expect? You nerfed gift wrapping to hell from its intended purpose. I could not wrap one single gift this Christmas, because the "spirits" were tempted to steal it. Of course it was being used for "other things"... we couldn't use it for what it was intentionally for!

All you've done here is put another nail in the mailing system coffin. May as well just get rid of that too. Also, since the only "other things" gift wrapping was being used for was decay/loss prevention, you guys should probably also get rid of F2P players, because that's how everyone is going to prevent their things from rotting/being looted. /sarcasm

You guys really need to stop touching stuff that isn't broken and focus on things that are (floorboards, mailing system, etc.),  or have been promised (bridges, wagons, etc.)

I agree, the way I look at it, the dev team has been making some horrible decisions in this area, and it's only going to keep hurting the Wurm community.

Currently there is no way to preserve pelts because of this change, and on a PvP server this makes a massive difference because, you don't want to constantly carry your 90 QL 90 woa/coc pelt with you at all times and you can't store it.  So basically you either make an alt, put it into your bank which is already full from all the other crap you are trying to stuff into it, or carry it with you and hope you don't get jumped.   

The mail system has been broken for a long time and is already a joke.   This just breaks it more, since you can't wrap things to send them if they are awkward.   

Solution:  Revamp the mail system, and allow us to preserve things such as pelts, etc or just let us wrap them again.    Put out a forum post and try to get suggestions on both ideas, and people's ideas on gift wrapping and preservation in general.   This is an area that has been long neglected, and continually complained about.   

Glad i got fountainpan to safe pelts and such.. but again it was not intended and sometimes they might decide to derp it >_> ...

Certainly no bug fix here, this has the chance to change the Epic servers quite drastically though, whether to the good or bad remains to be seen.

I'm sceptical.

There is always BL bro

• Like 1

Was it necessary to add the word "fantastic" before the artifacts name? Looks really stupid imo since no other rare/supreme/fantastic are labeled that way. The color is enough.

6eCUg.jpg

Was it necessary to add the word "fantastic" before the artifacts name? Looks really stupid imo since no other rare/supreme/fantastic are labeled that way. The color is enough.

6eCUg.jpg

interesting screen shot there to say the least.....could this be part of the problem???

Yay no more suicidal gods!

Now to see how the artifact buffs work out.

Betcha 5s the sword still gets used for woodcutting :P  

interesting screen shot there to say the least.....could this be part of the problem???

Only 2 of those are actually something you would use in pvp, and the scepter is probably still awful.

... Remember, that there is also a 1 hour cooldown on the portal. You need to make sure you are doing the right thing when you use it. ...

... there is no cooldown on the portals from what an alliance member tested.

Sign in to follow this