Sign in to follow this  
Guest Malvado

6th Year of No Wurm! Some tips for those wanting to quit.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, January 13, 2014 - quoted trolling
Hidden by KaiH, January 13, 2014 - quoted trolling

Jesus christ, I knew you were all addicted ignorant scumbags, but reading some of the comments, you all have mental issues. All of you have serious mental issues. In what ###### positive way does wurm online affect your life for gods sake? You could be doing so many greater things but instead of doing that, you sit behind your pc playing wurm online 24/7 and ACTUALLY TRY TO JUSTIFY THAT WITH ARGUMENTS LIKE "IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD"???! I WONDER HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE WHAT THE ###### YOU'RE SAYING. AND TO THINK MOST OF YOU ARE ADULTS SADDENS ME SO MUCH. " 'MURICAH", EH?

As I said, you're all mentally broken.

"If we wanted to quit, we would" sounds like something crack addicts say 3 days before dying of injecting 3 too many marijuana

@OP, stay away from this game for long, you're doing a great job

This community is toxic as ######

You cant even have an argument, you'll just be yelled at by people who cant accept the truth

How about you post with your main account instead of a false one?

• Like 1

why bother commenting here then?

It doesn't affect you? Why reply? Miss the 'good old Wurm days' enough to browse the forum?

I'm waiting for some gameplay mechanics to be fixed. I only play when it's enjoyable. So yes, I would say the topic is interesting to me.

Edited by Judicator

I'm waiting for some gameplay mechanics to be fixed. I only play when it's enjoyable. So yes, I would say the topic is interesting to me.

The majority of us "wurm forum Ghosts" are doing the same thing... and its going on several years now. Believe it or not, "Wurm" in beta was a totally different game and community.  Ever since Gold 1 the game has been drifting further and further away from that.

We still lurk hoping it diverts course back to its roots...  This game was a lot more enjoyable when all players had basic spells at their disposal and only allowed 1 character per IP address... Would trade Boats and bridges in a second to have that back...

Rolf wanted less priests in game and less magic... but then he made Epic and the whole D&D "demi god" stuff... Was really hoping Epic was going to be more like Beta...

• Like 1

The majority of us "wurm forum Ghosts" are doing the same thing... and its going on several years now. Believe it or not, "Wurm" in beta was a totally different game and community.  Ever since Gold 1 the game has been drifting further and further away from that.

We still lurk hoping it diverts course back to its roots...  This game was a lot more enjoyable when all players had basic spells at their disposal and only allowed 1 character per IP address... Would trade Boats and bridges in a second to have that back...

Rolf wanted less priests in game and less magic... but then he made Epic and the whole D&D "demi god" stuff... Was really hoping Epic was going to be more like Beta...

Maybe you should play Pong. Then you'll be a real hipster.

Nice to see some familiar faces, and glad Malvado's doing well.  :)

I tried to quit wurm once, I even went about 6 months without playing or so, then one stormy night.... when all was lost, and I was running from zombies in DayZ like usual, I heard a strange voice calling out to me.....  Baattttttleeeeeepaaaa......  Battttleeeppaaaaaa.....    Your grape bushes misssssssssyouuuu!!  Come back to us Batttlepaawwwww!   

Just like that I came back to my senses.     ;)

• Like 2

I didn't try to quite, it wasn't an active thing, I just drifted off to Fallout 3 over the course of two months in 2012, with no real intentions of coming back, which is what I do to many games. However the thought of my whole deed just wasting away struck me into coming back, and here I am.

WHAT WOULD I DO WITH ALL THIS TIME!?

nothing good i guess....

• Like 1

I didn't try to quite, it wasn't an active thing, I just drifted off to Fallout 3 over the course of two months in 2012, with no real intentions of coming back, which is what I do to many games. However the thought of my whole deed just wasting away struck me into coming back, and here I am.

Thats part of the addiction that many people in this game have trouble breaking away from... Their brain gives them the same reward mechanisms for tending to their deeds as if they had done the same thing with something tangible in the real world.

A lot of people don't have property, land, and a tight knit community in real life... Wurm offers what real life hasn't yet.

The big issue is that Mal started this thread because real life crashed hard and then began to improve 6 years ago.  its one thing to not have anything in real life and use Wurm as an escape.  Its another thing to avoid real life, and blame real life for the reasons you play the game.  Wurm can act as blinders if you aren't cognizant of it.

• Like 2

WHAT WOULD I DO WITH ALL THIS TIME!?

nothing good i guess....

You wouldn't be paying bills with ledmart! :3

• Like 1

I almost beat you but I came back after just 5 years of not playing! :ph34r:

Edited by Smilingcat
  • Like 1

Wow.  Wurm has been around for more than six years?  

Barely lol, so that means he maybe played for 1 year or so.... not much of an addiction if you ask me.

Edited by Dextrome

Barely lol, so that means he maybe played for 1 year or so.... not much of an addiction if you ask me.

The Beta stage started in 2003. Check your facts before passing judgement.

The Beta stage started in 2003. Check your facts before passing judgement.

Was there a alpha?