Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

Allow Freedom Isles PvE Players to Post on Chaos and Epic Forums

Lately I have seen a lot of posts related to issues concerning Chaos and Epic posted on the PvE sections of the forums while those same PvE players who read those sections are not allowed to post anything the Chaos and Epic sections of the forums. This seems sort of an unusual situation to me that the pvp players may be allowed to post anywhere concerning their issues on these servers while to the PvE players their forums are strictly off limits.

I think either the same rule should apply to all players concerning posting upon all sections of the forums or that pvp posts concerning Chaos and Epic servers should not be allowed upon sections of the forums which do not concern their issues, since they already have exclusive membership only requirements attached to them.

The term "double standards" seems to apply here, which is why I always twitch a bit when I see them so blatantly exhibited in the described manner. Time to remove the barrier on the Epic and Chaos forums or restrict posts that relate to them to those sections. This preferential protective treatment for Chaos and Epic players seems a bit one sided to me.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

As far as i'm concerned, it just bad forum management, and the general forum is not a 'Freedom PvE' area. It's a general talk area, which is for anyone, If people are posting in the freedom section, as far as i'm aware they should get their thread's moved, and once again, if they are not moved it's bad forum management.

I don't believe Freedomers should be allowed access to the Chaos/Epic forums. A separate section for suggestions relating to PvP needs to be made, and then rules of posting PvP related suggestions there and not in the Freedom areas should be enforced.

• Like 1

I'd rather have a way to hide the board/s completely.

I don't believe Freedomers should be allowed access to the Chaos/Epic forums. A separate section for suggestions relating to PvP needs to be made, and then rules of posting PvP related suggestions there and not in the Freedom areas should be enforced.

Back Streets Forum Binder is not a freedom section, so ye' no need to change anything. Just more work on the Forum dev's part.

The point of the pvp servers requiring linking is to prevent tons of forum alts/hide the slightly more rough discussion that can occur on pvp servers from people who are just skimming over the forums.

The threads in the epic/chaos forums are generally about events on the server/cluster, the same as the freedom isle server forums, not sure why any restriction would be needed.

You can minimize an entire forum section, like i have with freedom isles, it doesn't get you out of recent threads showing up, but it hides it pretty well.

• Like 1

Back Streets Forum Binder is not a freedom section, so ye' no need to change anything. Just more work on the Forum dev's part.

Ah, re-read the suggestion, and realized my post was referencing something entirely different then the OP :P

Ah, re-read the suggestion, and realized my post was referencing something entirely different then the OP :P

I noticed I said that as if I was punishing you for it, and my excuse now because im to lazy to edit is, is that im piggy-backing off of your suggestion to make another answer.

• Like 1

-1 I can easily see Freedomers butting their way into the posts and just being plain stupid and talking about stuff they have no idea about.

• Like 2

and then we start fight of freedomers vs epic players again. *slowclaps* As person who play both pve and pvp I wonder when troll posts of anti-freedom and anti-epic going to stop.

The separation of pvp and pve forums was for alt prevention but unless I know what it is looks like in the past, I don't know if it effective or not. 

What did pvp players done to pve cluster talks? I hasn't see a thing.. 

• Like 2

This is all Tonygreens fault.

And a little bit of postehs.

• Like 3

LOL, this reminds me a little bit of animal farm... all players are equal, but some players are more equal than others  ;)

• Like 1

So you're a Freedomer, yet you demand to be involved in PvP discussions despite the fact that they have absolutely no relevance to you whatsoever? I mean, I'm not trying to turn this into another Epic vs. Freedom thread, but damn. Way to live up to your cluster's stereotype.

• Like 2

-1 I can easily see Freedomers butting their way into the posts and just being plain stupid and talking about stuff they have no idea about.

Just like we have Wildumbers.......spouting off on everything else around here.....

Anyhow... the whole divided bit would actually work a lot better IF PvP people signed up to post there couldn't post here! ;)

You have to remember they do enjoy having their cake and eating it too.....and you know how hard it is to take away Cake. :D

First I'm hearing about it.

I guess I was wrong. It is account restricted.
Well that is just retarded.

As the title says. Game Masters will accept requests to link Epic or Chaos accounts for posting privileges to these Theatre boards.

Only one forum account per person will be allowed posting access in Theatre.
You may request posting access with /support in game via your main Epic or Chaos account.

Edited by AlexLong

So, I guess the people that have accounts on both Freedom and Epic mean nothing to you? Are you suggesting that once you open an Epic account you should be restricted to posting in only Epic forums? Or do you just want to open up all Freedom people to troll the Epic forums?

Someone sounds butthurt.

Lmao I constantly see Epic players posting in threads that would be game-changing for the regular cluster and all the Epicers appear to be fine with that. As an example we have the sleep bonus cap thread where some Epicers are arguing furiously for no cap because they think it's a great idea since it goes well with their philosophy about faster skillgain, despite knowing nothing of what it's like on the regular cluster and what it'd mean there. Could it be that some of the Epic nay-sayers here are calling the kettle black?

Edit: To clarify - I have no interest in posting in the Epic section but I think this thread is hilarious.

Edited by Aeris

Lmao I constantly see Epic players posting in threads that would be game-changing for the regular cluster and all the Epicers appear to be fine with that. As an example we have the sleep bonus cap thread where some Epicers are arguing furiously for no cap because they think it's a great idea since it goes well with their philosophy about faster skillgain, despite knowing nothing of what it's like on the regular cluster and what it'd mean there. Could it be that some of the Epic nay-sayers here are calling the kettle black?

Edit: To clarify - I have no interest in posting in the Epic section but I think this thread is hilarious.

Why do you assume that people that play on Epic know nothing of what it's like to play on Freedom/Chaos? A lot of people hold accounts on both clusters. I would also contend that a super majority of the Epic posters came from playing on Freedom/Chaos before starting an account on Epic.

It seems to me that the lack of knowledge is squarely in your corner.

I've seen some of them write openly that they're playing exclusively on Epic. There you go, enjoy