Sign in to follow this  
vasisuelle

[Epic] Elevation reset

I cant believe I'm reading yet another one of these

100% of the active population on Epic who play for the pvp and not the increased skillgain would agree theres a problem.

I love how sure you are of this. Incorrect mate.

Its not going to change no matter how much some may want it to. I want home servers deleted or at least a cap put on every resource from wood to iron in the vicinity of f2p capabilities (20ql) but its one of those dreams that will never happen, just like a reset, Elevation doesn't even need it, sure some of the gashes in the ground are a pain I know I curse at them daily but they are no where near abundant enough to have made more than a blemish, the terraforming events have been nerfed into the ground so we wont even be seeing any more anyway.

Listening to people cry about not being able to find a place to put a deed makes me laugh harder than it ever did on Independence when players found it beyond their comprehension to spend more than 15 minutes walking in a straight line away from spawn rather than in circles.

Asking for a bigger map IMO is pretty much as bad as asking for no local, with the tiny amount of players we have that we already struggle to find off deed to pvp with imagine how much we would further drown out of existence in a larger map.

The issues we have on Elevation have nothing to do with the current map.

Destroy elevation and keep the home servers. Turn elevation into all water, with one little HOTA steppe in the middle. Also reset the attitudes of the whiners who say home servers suck and deter pvp, when we get most pvp on them

• Like 2

Funny isnt it :) The people that yelled for Wild/Chaos server reset cause people had high skills and whatever and what not. You cried so loud that Rolf made you a whole new shining server. Here you got extra fast skillgain, a new map and Everything you asked for.

Now, the same people that complained from the beginning is NOW complaining for Epic to be reset. The server you asked for in the first Place. *Sigh* Isnt it funny how it is?

There is actually only one thing to do, tho sadly it will never happen.

Remove Epic and let those people who live there now move to Chaos/wild server or if they dont want to pvp they can move to freedom. We need to find a proper way to deal with the skills they earned on Epic tho.

This suggestion would make Wurmonline be more alive. More people on the real pvp server and more people on the freedom server.

Imo Epic shouldnt be created in the first Place, nor all those other servers.

Trolling award of 2014 goes to you good sir. The flame tanks move to position as I speak.

• Like 1

I love how sure you are of this. Incorrect mate.

So you're saying that you think Epic is perfectly fine with no problems? Which is what my sentence is referring to.

Edited by conloch

So you're saying that you think Epic is perfectly fine with no problems? Which is what my sentence there states.

A reset and removal of the home servers won't fix the problems epic has, in my opinion. Just because you remove the home servers doesn't mean all of the homeserverites move to elevation, an even if they do, it won't mean they go out and pvp. There's a reason some of us who pvp live on the home servers, because we are NOT hardcore pvpers, we like to play wurm as well as pvp, we like to defend and maybe raid once in a while, but the home servers are the casual wurm pvpers hangout, we are not on every day morn till night to protect our homes, nor do we want to be, which is hy home servers are good for us.

Raiders CAN raid home servers, it's been done to BLH and JKH as of recent!

Homeservers are not the problem, nor is the CR nerf, but some of the problem is people thinking the CR nerf is so deadly you have no chance, which is not true. That's not all of the problem, but definitely a little.

I cannot speak for elevations problems, as I do not live on it, but home servers are as much a part of epic as elevation. Wurm is full of choices and playstyles, if we would like to live on home servers, and pvp-defend them, why should we not be allowed to? We pay Rolf same as y'all on elevation, more people play on home servers than elevation, usually one homeserver beats elevations population at peak hours.

If we want to stay on homeservers, why does it matter to you? Come raid us :)

• Like 1

Epic was initially supposed to be reset from time to time but the player base convinced Rolf not to for whatever reason. Personally I think Epic got stale fast with the increased skill gains but I believe I'm in the minority...

I'm with you Nosyt, we can do this.. we can break these cuffs.. we can be set free!

• Like 1

A reset and removal of the home servers won't fix the problems epic has, in my opinion. Just because you remove the home servers doesn't mean all of the homeserverites move to elevation, an even if they do, it won't mean they go out and pvp. There's a reason some of us who pvp live on the home servers, because we are NOT hardcore pvpers, we like to play wurm as well as pvp, we like to defend and maybe raid once in a while, but the home servers are the casual wurm pvpers hangout, we are not on every day morn till night to protect our homes, nor do we want to be, which is hy home servers are good for us.

Raiders CAN raid home servers, it's been done to BLH and JKH as of recent!

Homeservers are not the problem, nor is the CR nerf, but some of the problem is people thinking the CR nerf is so deadly you have no chance, which is not true. That's not all of the problem, but definitely a little.

I cannot speak for elevations problems, as I do not live on it, but home servers are as much a part of epic as elevation. Wurm is full of choices and playstyles, if we would like to live on home servers, and pvp-defend them, why should we not be allowed to? We pay Rolf same as y'all on elevation, more people play on home servers than elevation, usually one homeserver beats elevations population at peak hours.

If we want to stay on homeservers, why does it matter to you? Come raid us :)

And again if you had read my original post it had nothing to do with homeservers.

And by the way usually all homeservers bar Affliction beat Elevation's player count 2-fold, as of recently even Affliction has more. I'm sure thats what Rolf intended, twice as many people on most home servers then the main server.

And again if you had read my original post it had nothing to do with homeservers.

And by the way usually all homeservers bar Affliction beat Elevation's player count 2-fold, as of recently even Affliction has more. I'm sure thats what Rolf intended, twice as many people on most home servers then the main server.

There are 4 main servers on epic.

Argueably ele isn't even a main server, can't spawn there as a noob without premium

Edited by Radni

Trolling award of 2014 goes to you good sir. The flame tanks move to position as I speak.

CNCKW_Flame_Tank.png

Just say the word.

There are 4 main servers on epic.

Argueably ele isn't even a main server, can't spawn there as a noob without premium

Right.

Jay got it right. Make Epic over again with 1 year timer set to reset every last ###### thing. I want more of the first 6-12 months of Epic with an end game. Realistic missions, with a proper goal that can be achieved in a month's time, all working towards a win scenario designed to complete around a 12 month period. End scneario, reset everything...map, skills, items, etc.

Please, no more endless time sinks designed to make my eyes bleed sitting in front of a forge or altar. If my goal was to have 90+ skill in everything, I'd be living on freedumb sucking off every other carebear in the game.

• Like 5

Jack you made me laugh out loud. +1 to epic resets. As always. +1 to removing cr nerf on homeservers too.

Point being? I'm never online when the pvp has been of late

So get off the forums and get in the game. Serenity is getting visitors all the time now.

• Like 3

+1

Erase and remove Elevation,

But in order for a new island to form they must come home to their own kingdoms and do a quest for the gods!  ;)

Self Made Kingdoms oh well....you're just gonna be SoL on this one.

Edited by Protunia

+1

Erase and remove Elevation,

But in order for a new island to form they must come home to their own kingdoms and do a quest for the gods!  ;)

Cause rolf is really good at coding missions and quests right?

So you're saying that you think Epic is perfectly fine with no problems? Which is what my sentence is referring to.

No, you said that everyone agrees Elevation needs to be reset.

Jack you made me laugh out loud. +1 to epic resets. As always. +1 to removing cr nerf on homeservers too.

+1

• Like 1

Turn Ele F2p and ill move to Ele instantly.

spy alt wars?