Sign in to follow this  
vasisuelle

[Epic] Elevation reset

Dear Wurmians,

what do you think about such idea:

Elevation is almost dead. People sitting in their deeds and grinding skills. HOTA and occasional CAPPA STRONG OUTPOST BEEN HUMILIATED happens, but it is not so funny and interesting.

What do you think about total resetting of Map?

Thus, one day, you'll find yourself in starter deed, with all your gear (and all that was in your inventory), and all your current skills, but on completely new and randomized map.

Discuss here plz.

Edited by vasisuelle

Remove home servers and tell them to go to freedom or elevation.

• Like 6

This is a post that has been brought up too much for Rolf to ignore it. 100% of the active population on Epic who play for the pvp and not the increased skillgain would agree theres a problem. A map reset is a short term solution to mask the greater problem. I'd +1 a map reset but we'll just see this problem crop up again and again. Nearly 250 of the 1000 players on at this point in time are on the Epic cluster yet we get the cold shoulder from the developers/creaters. 

Turn Ele F2p and ill move to Ele instantly.

We can't recruit or introduce new people to the game unless we are on Home. Solve that and im sure that people will gladly move.

i still think a new server should be opened that has the same skill curve/gain system as epic, but resets every 6 months, one thats purely for pvp, no commitment or anything, you log in when you wanna pvp, a server thats like the first 6 months of epic, but repeating 

• Like 4

Make Ele bigger, hate when friends try to settle up there and is all or enemy territory or crazy terrain or is already used by other allies.

And I see too much exploit with Ele f2p.

Turn Ele F2p and ill move to Ele instantly.

We can't recruit or introduce new people to the game unless we are on Home. Solve that and im sure that people will gladly move.

This would be better, and people can't use the alt abuse argument because they are already here with it still being a premium server so it wouldn't change.

Right now home servers is the primary source of PvP so I don't see that argument working that well for you to be honest, however in order for elevation to actually have an influx of players there has to be some changes to it.

The landscape isn't appealing at all I think, it's just one big blob, more islands, more 'rivers' or bays, and rather than hota being in the center, have the hota pillars spawn anywhere on the map. The pillars should be completly random, but they should never spawn inside deeds or mines, and perhaps strengthen their glow.

-------------------------

A suggestion I made a while ago was to instead of having the home server islands on actual home servers, put smaller islands on the elevation map, but have them far enough out that you cannot reach the main land by swimming. 

add elevation as f2p with this and spy alts will barely be an issue once you remove the spawn points on the main land.

And yeah as Alec said, the map has to grow, it is too easy to move a large amount of people over the map as it is now, especially with the almost only flat-terrain that elevation has.

Edited by merce
  • Like 1

A suggestion I made a while ago was to instead of having the home server islands on actual home servers, put smaller islands on the elevation map, but have them far enough out that you cannot reach the main land by swimming. 

add elevation as f2p with this and spy alts will barely be an issue once you remove the spawn points on the main land.

And yeah as Alec said, the map has to grow, it is too easy to move a large amount of people over the map as it is now, especially with the almost only flat-terrain that elevation has.

I'd agree with these two points.

• Like 1

To be honest, elevation should have been reset a long time ago.

As it stands, some deeds are too far built up for people to simply let them go and would probably quit over it.

I think the only way for this to be allowed is if all current fully standing deeds get a full refund of the last month of upkeep and founding/resize costs IN SILVER.

Epic was initially supposed to be reset from time to time but the player base convinced Rolf not to for whatever reason. Personally I think Epic got stale fast with the increased skill gains but I believe I'm in the minority...

• Like 2

Epic was initially supposed to be reset from time to time but the player base convinced Rolf not to for whatever reason. Personally I think Epic got stale fast with the increased skill gains but I believe I'm in the minority...

It's a shame.

Remove Freedom so everyone will have to come on Epic....

• Like 3

Yes remove freedom please.

Make Ele bigger, hate when friends try to settle up there and is all or enemy territory or crazy terrain or is already used by other allies.

And I see too much exploit with Ele f2p.

I agree, to much F2P abuse on Elevation!... coughcoughcough.

Also, remove Epic while we're on the subject! qqqqqqqq

Reset Tryfaen's digging skill so that he stops linking it in GL chat every couple hours..

In all seriousness, destroy all the servers and put in a Chaos-sized server!

not sure if serious or just drunk

Funny isnt it :) The people that yelled for Wild/Chaos server reset cause people had high skills and whatever and what not. You cried so loud that Rolf made you a whole new shining server. Here you got extra fast skillgain, a new map and Everything you asked for.

Now, the same people that complained from the beginning is NOW complaining for Epic to be reset. The server you asked for in the first Place. *Sigh* Isnt it funny how it is?

There is actually only one thing to do, tho sadly it will never happen.

Remove Epic and let those people who live there now move to Chaos/wild server or if they dont want to pvp they can move to freedom. We need to find a proper way to deal with the skills they earned on Epic tho.

This suggestion would make Wurmonline be more alive. More people on the real pvp server and more people on the freedom server.

Imo Epic shouldnt be created in the first Place, nor all those other servers.

• Like 1

Funny isnt it :) The people that yelled for Wild/Chaos server reset cause people had high skills and whatever and what not. You cried so loud that Rolf made you a whole new shining server. Here you got extra fast skillgain, a new map and Everything you asked for.

Now, the same people that complained from the beginning is NOW complaining for Epic to be reset. The server you asked for in the first Place. *Sigh* Isnt it funny how it is?

There is actually only one thing to do, tho sadly it will never happen.

Remove Epic and let those people who live there now move to Chaos/wild server or if they dont want to pvp they can move to freedom. We need to find a proper way to deal with the skills they earned on Epic tho.

This suggestion would make Wurmonline be more alive. More people on the real pvp server and more people on the freedom server.

Imo Epic shouldnt be created in the first Place, nor all those other servers.

Or stop playing Wurm and Rolf will have less muny, don't know why you don't contemplate this option.

not sure if serious or just drunk

I am as serious as this topic about Elevation reset is ;-)