Sign in to follow this  
Pottis

See who voted in a poll

The suggestion is really simple.

Let everyone see who voted in a poll and what answer they voted for.

Maybe give the option when creating the poll "Show voters". That way those that want to create a regular poll can do that.

/Edit; I might not explained good enough so here it is: When you create a poll you should be given the option to click a checkbox saying "show all voters to everyone". If you dont click that box then the poll is like it is now.

Above makes both sides happy, those that want the ability to make a poll to see who voted what. And those that want to be "Anonymous" for some reason i cant explain....

Edited by Pottis
  • Like 3

+10.  Def with a show/hide option so it isn't spamming the screen when there's a lot of votes but so that we can look at it.  It would not only be nice to see who voted what, it would be doubly nice to see who voted with 10 known forum alts.  :)

I think it would make folks change their vote to the popular vote.  They might not want to be harassed for voting against whatever.

• Like 3

+1 only if.

A. You can see who voted ( not what they voted for )

B. If they can op out from being listed (if you can see what they voted for)

The reason for said is for anti harassment measures

Edited by Notsodirt

I think it would make folks change their vote to the popular vote.  They might not want to be harassed for voting against whatever.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe a few here & there.  But folks on this forum don't seem to have any trouble voicing their opinions, popular or not so I don't see why they'd mind the votes reflecting what they probably posted anyway.  :)  

What I do think would be cut down a bit is the bloody forum alts always skewing things.

+1 let the poll maker have a choice. Wasnt this in at the start of the forums? I quite liked it.

This is a suggestion for the creators of the software the forum uses, not Rolf IIRC

SO in other words discourage people from voting.......yeah just what you need to do....if the poll maker wants that I could see it.

But not forcing all polls to be this way, because you'll just end up with less people voting and less input all together in the long run.

I am ready for in game voting by premium only accounts paid through the shop btw.......at least then it'll br cash paying customers....

Hows that suit you???

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 2

I don't think it's even possible...

Poll setter can decide whether you're able to see how the vote is currently going or not, or something, but I don't believe the forum software supports viewing who has voted.

As Radni has said, this is not something any of the wurm development staff can influence so I don't think this thread has much relevance here I'm afraid.

I think it would just lead to less players casting votes and most of the polls are useless anyway the developers seem to just go on the comments anyway. 

Edited by Kegan

The point of polls is to check out the opinions of people without the need for knowing their identities. If you don't trust people to be serious in polls because of the anonymity you're better off asking for written opinions in the thread. One might argue that asking people to write in the thread makes you lose out on some opinions, but: If people don't want to write their opinion on the matter in the thread they're not likely to ever vote in a poll where their identity is visible.

• Like 2

Everyone is allowed to have own opinions

if someone 'harasses' u from having ur own opinions, maybe u shouldnt be with a person like that.

Edited by silakka

Everyone is allowed to have own opinions

if someone 'harasses' u from having ur own opinions, maybe u shouldnt be with a person like that.

Yes, everyone is allowed to have an opinion.  Hate to break it to you but im not 'with' people from the forums just because I happen to post here.  Anyone that disagrees with my opinion has a right to their opinion to.  Doesn't mean they are 'against' me.  Just that on that particular subject they disagree.

I forget who is was but at one time I voted in a few polls and got pm's from a moderator asking me to explain why I voted for such and such, polls are just that, a sampling of the player base to give an opinion, not a tool to further question why someone disagreed with your view if the votes didn't go your way. 

It seems that the OP wants to know to whom throw the knifes.

I would prefer if polls were anonymous. If I vote in a poll, I read the thread carefully and give my decision some thought but would want my decision to be private. If the voter wanted to let his/her vote be known or expand on the

idea / proposal they can do this in the forum thread.

+1. Why would you care if somebody doesn't like your own opinion ?

+1. Why would you care if somebody doesn't like your own opinion ?

Why would you want to see the names in the poll unless you want to see who doesn't agree with you?

• Like 2

Polls the way they are, provide the ability to state your view on something, anonymously, without worrying about people harassing your for your views, or treating you differently for them. If you want to know the way people voted, or who voted a certain way, then simply ask for them to give a reason in the thread, or even just ask them to say +1 or -1. If you took away the anonymity from polls, I believe you'd have less people voting. It's not just harassment though, it's also begging for people to change their vote. When people make a thread with a poll, it's often pretty clear that they believe there is no good reason that their idea shouldn't succeed, and so they will often message people who voted no, repeatedly, trying to convince them otherwise. This is counter-productive to the idea's discussion, and frankly, annoying. Not everyone does this, but enough do for it to get annoying.

I am ready for in-game voting by premium only accounts, paid for through the cash shop with real currency.

Also, this. Votes of cash paid premium shouldn't be ultimate, ie, the devs shouldn't have any obligation to follow the results of votes, but it'd be good for them to at least be able to see what the people who actually support the game, want. It's not all about me me me, and catering to their every desire, but the bottom line for the company is income, and if they can support their income base, as opposed to listening to piles of trial account (non-premium) alts, this is good business sense, and overall, good for the entire community of Wurm.

+1