Sign in to follow this  
Shadz

Xsollas "commission" (resolved, lock)

Just bought 2 months premium time from the shop (advertised as 16 euro) 8 euro per month.

But, the actual payment that went through was €16.77 ($22.08) I figured that maybe it's Xsolla taking a small fee, checked the transaction via paypal, doesn't state any additional fees. Only a minor amount, but still.

http://i.imgur.com/4FJg5T6.png?1

Edited by Shadz

Sounds weird to me....Might have to contact a GM or Dev about it.

Unless its some sort of fee for changing currency??

Edited by Protunia

Sounds weird to me....Might have to contact a GM or Dev about it.

Unless its some sort of fee for changing currency??

Checked that, it says Fee: 0.00

http://i.imgur.com/J6bwcGJ.png

Edited by Shadz

Well, if you used paypal, next time buy directly from the wurm shop instead of paying through paypall to pay xsolla to pay wurm.

But it does sound weird, you should report to a GM since apparently there's some issue with xsolla pricing.

Well, if you used paypal, next time buy directly from the wurm shop instead of paying through paypall to pay xsolla to pay wurm.

But it does sound weird, you should report to a GM since apparently there's some issue with xsolla pricing.

Last time I paid via paypal (before Xsolla) it was flat 16.00. Either Xsolla is charging, or there's a conversion issue.

I did some googling and found more cases where this happened with Xsolla, the conversion rate they use is probably slight of on purpose, in their favor of course.

Edited by Ecrir

There may not be any direct fees, but there is always some loss when converting currencys. Money services use different indices for converting to them and from them.

Here you pay double, first for Paypal to convert from euro to dollar, then for Xsolla to convert back.

Xsolla is meant to give a broader range of options to a broader audience. That includes PayPal.

But it is better to use the direct PayPal option, which can be found below the Xsolla options.

Edited by Keldun

All convertion rates of all banks and services are always a bit off, that's how they make money on it. That's why double conertions cost money. Here both Xsolla and PayPal add up.

using Xsolla with paypal as an American is a good idea, as an european it is not.

Please note that Wurm still offers a direct purchase through PayPal below the Xsolla options.

I had no idea it was still possible to pay without going through Xsolla. Thanks :)

I had no idea it was still possible to pay without going through Xsolla. Thanks :)

Yeah, the way they remade the webpage is kinda confusing. they should have kept xsolla separated from the normal shop like they have with super rewards.

i had more fun then that.  buying 1 gold coin cost me 3x amount.  paypal refunding my bank 2 of them. but taking days to do.  not likeing the xsilla. as much.  it said it failed to do the transaction please try another payment option. so i did. and after 3rd try i see ingame 1gold coin finnaly made it though. the other two payments failed. but not really. as they did take the money out of my account through paypal. but did do the refund quickly.  just because of it. i get screwed for 3 payments 175 cnd  out of my account. almost bouncing things..

need to be carful if it says you were unsuccessful.  dont belive that wait another day make sure they dont take your money and refund. delay upto 7 banking days to get the money back

oh and for prem i just used the shop cost.  = good price anyways.  just silver cheaper to buy through xsallo

With the current exchange rates it looks like 22.08$ exchanges for 16.25€. quarter of an euro looks like a transaction or exchange fee charged by someone. Couldnt find any  further info on the site altho i recon Xsolla takes that one. (This  is just my speculation so take it as such)

That's the thing, neither Xsolla, nor PayPal or any other Bank use current exchange rates.

These companies need to make their money somehow.. it's better marketing to say they don't charge direct fees.. so they just use an adjusted currency conversion rate.

These companies need to make their money somehow.. it's better marketing to say they don't charge direct fees.. so they just use an adjusted currency conversion rate.

As confirmed by Rolf in an email a little while ago, it is infact Xsolla adding their commision.

As theoldknight pointed out that's only 25 cent though. The other 52 cent is PayPal converting to dollars.

As theoldknight pointed out that's only 25 cent though. The other 52 cent is PayPal converting to dollars.

According to transactions, there was 0 fee for conversion

Just a word of advice, when using Xsolla, don't use the Xsolla Paypal option, use one of their other options which are in your local currency instead. If using Paypal to make a payment, scroll down past Xsolla to the traditional direct WurmOnline Paypal options.

• Like 1

Just a word of advice, when using Xsolla, don't use the Xsolla Paypal option, use one of their other options which are in your local currency instead. If using Paypal to make a payment, scroll down past Xsolla to the traditional direct WurmOnline Paypal options.

Paypal has been removed from Xsolla :P

All issues have been resolved with Rolf, post can be locked :)

• Like 1