Sign in to follow this  
Idlamn

Locked my own key. Need assistance.

Hello. I am new to the game, and the forums.

I once tried to lock a pot in a chest which contained the key to the lock of that chest and it prevented me from doing so, with a message letting me know I would lock my key inside.

Now I locked a cart, and accidentally threw in my backpack which contained all my keys: gates, tool chests, and the cart itself. It didn't give me any message, or anything it just locked it. And now I can't unlock it for the key is inside the cart.

Can any GM assist me with this? I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, except level up body str and smash the cart, which is not an option since I need some of the items inside now. I only ask for assistance since as I said above it prevented me once from locking my own key, so I assumed the game has that covered for you.

Thank you.

Who owns the cart? The owner of it should be able to open it for you.

Found it in an abandoned mine. I don't know the owner.

Never lock a cart you don't own. There isn't anything that can be done I believe, as I don't think you are able to Lockpick it since it belongs to another player.

if you right click and examine the cart it should tell you the owner. if you are lucky that person still plays and might be able to help. other than that nothing can be done. never lock carts that you did not create. sorry pal...

What server are you playing on? If you are playing on the epic cluster, you can lockpick the cart. If you play on the serenity server, send me a PM in game and we will fix it up for you ;) If you play on the freedom cluster, I am afraid you are out of luck and the only way to do it is to ask the owner of the cart as far as I am aware :(

Dont be too harsh on yourself though, I think everyone who ever played wurm made this exact mistake, as did I. :D

Good luck in any case!

Name of owner? If you found it in a cave and you play on Serenity there's a good possibility that I have access to it or know someone who does. If not we can always remove the lock for you. :)