Sign in to follow this  
Samool

Bonuses for highly populated settlements

Yeah, -1 from me too, for all the reasons others have given already.  I'm a grumpy old lady who doesn't like people on my lawn.  :)  

No incentive would tempt me to have a bunch of villagers running around trampling my flower beds, digging holes, or planting/building things where I don't want them. And not letting villagers do things would be no fun for them.   So lose-lose situation all around.

• Like 1

if the system only counts unique IPs within a certain timeframe i wouldn't mind getting a bonus for that.

inactive players and multiple accounts of the same person should not add to it.

I think that every prem account counts as a person, would it not, it should be cheaper to have a "second class" account.   If I pay, say 10 premium accounts, I really feel entitled to have 10 votes, or 10 whatever it is that the number may be used for.  (I do not have 10 alts, it was just an example).

but anyway, -1 to the OP, the bonus IS that you have more people in your village.

As there are more and more private small one person deeds, creating huge, massively populated settlements should have some more pros than just feeling not alone, dividing upkeep and making some kind of group.

Few ideas about it:

1. Upkeep getting smaller.

2. Having some kind of skillgain bonus.

3. Random gifts for villagers (like hota rewards on Chaos)

It should only count premium players and the deeds should have really big amount of active members, like 15+. Maybe, the more members, the bigger bonuses.

It overally should make players more willing to make societies instead of living alone, and that could attract new players too.

Anyone got ideas what bonuses could it also be? I'll be glad to add them to the post.

1:   -1 ~ upkeep can get smaller anyways, try soliciting donations from villagers

2:   -1 ~ due to the existing skill bonus for deed longevity

3:   -1 ~ I hate system generated items, I think the game should be about the players and what they make, not phat loot drops