Sign in to follow this  
notstupidbobb

New toys for us

It has been a year for me in Wurm, and I am only doing chores now, ... land is done, plenty of tools, boats and animals.

I, along with many others that I talk to,  need new things. Sheep, lawns, bridges, etc.

My suggestion is to please hurry them along. 

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful consideration of my suggestion.

make a new deed

plenty of fun until u get your sheeps.

edit:

your suggestion is: pls work harder and faster.

Maybe you could find a way how to make it happen?

Edited by silakka
  • Like 2

new deeds cost new money, we have a huge deed... have twice made cottage on land outside of deed, took off the top of a hill, made flat land built huge farm, off deed, made 24 pastures each in the 7x7 range in size, built large dock, with a 9 arch walk way, a large house and out buildings, several Knarrs, sail boats corbitas,  have about 50 horses, pigs, bison, cows bulls, chickens, made a huge graveyard, I bury horses, make each a grave stone, made 3 guard towers on my own helped with about 6 others, help new players find homes, and get started.  Just looking for something fresh.  And I will not make one of the giant statues.. .. just .. no.

now we start suggesting you how to not get bored lol?

Well atleast u could start gettin a new skill up. After all wurm has over 100skills to enjoy more or less.

I didn't ask for suggestions, though.. I appreciate them, thank you. 

All I am saying is that there are things that have been shown to us, new things, to do, I would like to have them soon. Actually we were told we had the ability to make lawns, ... uh.. nope, .. it turns to dirt.

And as far as skilling goes.. been here a year, and I have skills, .. it is the tedium, that comes from having only skills left to work on, .. click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye, click make, dye, click, make dye,click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye, click, make dye.

you can see how that might get dull and a longing for something more might develop in the hearts of even the most hardcore Wurmies.

wurm is pretty damned boring now to be honest. needs new content. no not bridges and sheep and other stuff. something exciting. I have lost my passion and drive. find it hard to sit and grind for 2-3 hours now much less all day like I had been. its just. bleh. Game has come a long way yes, but never anything challenging for higher skilled players.

finally .. someone who sort of agrees.   For me it is best when there are ways to change the world, beautify, move land and trees.   clicking to watch a number go up,.. I can do for only short periods of time, .. just glad I am not the only one who feels there needs to be more. 

Wurm is good .. but could be great.

And again .. I am not looking for suggestions, this IS a suggestion, .. if at all possible, please give us something new soon.

I may attack some dev stuff sometimes but honestly, they work fairly fast.
You should go and help other people or something. Lots of fun to be had doing random things like imping walls for new players or helping other people with projects etc.

Edited by AlexLong

If I could stand the community there. sure. pvp is fun. but many push it way to far. gets to the point they post the desire to force people to leave the server in recruitment ads, never to return, go out of their way to sac everything on deeds of peoples children just out of spite. It is a toxic community. 

• Like 1

And again .. I am not looking for suggestions, this IS a suggestion, .. if at all possible, please give us something new soon.

Like what?  It's a very vague suggestion after all.

Actually, I think it was Budda, posted recently that most of the new changes except bridges are ready and will be going in with the next update.  Is that what you're talking about?

Also there's usually a community project or two going on somewhere, usually posted about on the forums.  I see that the Magranon's Scar project is still going and I'm sure they'd love some help. Since you say you prefer the land shaping type activities, this might be something fun for you to get involved in.  Just a thought.

You obviously didn't play a few years ago, when we all looked like pickle people. The devs are actually working a lot faster than they used to.

Wurm development cycles aren't fast enough to enable players to run solely on the excitement of new features. It's a pretty absurd request to make on any game. In order to stay engaged in the game, you'll either need to keep finding new projects for yourself or get social with other players. Wurm ought to be played like a social game, otherwise anyone would get tired quickly. If they are "hurried along" they'll all be bug-riddled, which wouldn't be very exciting.

-1  Wurm is changing fast comparatively to the past. I'm afraid that putting even more pressure on the devs to work faster will lead to problems. Its too bad the OP doesn't enjoy skill grinding, getting to 100 in many skills will take a RL decades. You don't have to do community stuff to have fun. Lately, I don't talk to anyone (literally turned off all forms of pm, turned off global chat, don't read local chat) and have plenty of fun. Although, without skill grinding I'd likely be bored too.

Sometimes responses are just funny.

I didn't want suggestions.  I have made projects, if you read what I said, tons of projects, I do help people just for something to do, I don't want to pvp, I just want the things they said we would have, new and simple ways of "clicking", ... lawns they claim they gave us last time, that didn't work.  The sheep they have shown us, the bridges, anything.. anything new.

I said Wurm is good .. could be great. 

Just suggesting they give us something soon.. simple enough, .. they asked for suggestions, .. I offered one. That's it.

Have a lovely Wurm day.

Here is my take on it, if you have a year into Wurm and you believe yourself 'done' and waiting for new features, you defiantly aren't playing it right. I can garuantee that there is plenty more for you to do. Just let everything go along at its own pace and be glad of where we are right now. We have has so much more in the past year in terms of additions then in previous years, asking for developement to be rushed even faster than now will only lead to additions that are partially completed, and anger many players who will use the same excuse as always, that things should be fully bug tested before being launched. So in essence I say no to your suggestion, as is the point of this forum section, respectfully, and ask you to truly examine the numerous amount of things I would guess you haven't actually accomplished. (There is no sarcasm or rudeness in my statement, so I hope it is not taken as such, I am being 100% honest).

• Like 1

I'd rather personally wait longer to get a finished product with hopefully less bugs.

• Like 3

To avoid reiterating and justifying my -1, I decided to quote some of the masters, the skilled guys, the guys who know how to play wurm...

I may attack some dev stuff sometimes but honestly, they work fairly fast.
You should go and help other people or something. Lots of fun to be had doing random things like imping walls for new players or helping other people with projects etc.

Like what?  It's a very vague suggestion after all.

Actually, I think it was Budda, posted recently that most of the new changes except bridges are ready and will be going in with the next update.  Is that what you're talking about?

Also there's usually a community project or two going on somewhere, usually posted about on the forums.  I see that the Magranon's Scar project is still going and I'm sure they'd love some help. Since you say you prefer the land shaping type activities, this might be something fun for you to get involved in.  Just a thought.

You obviously didn't play a few years ago, when we all looked like pickle people. The devs are actually working a lot faster than they used to.

-1  Wurm is changing fast comparatively to the past. I'm afraid that putting even more pressure on the devs to work faster will lead to problems. Its too bad the OP doesn't enjoy skill grinding, getting to 100 in many skills will take a RL decades. You don't have to do community stuff to have fun. Lately, I don't talk to anyone (literally turned off all forms of pm, turned off global chat, don't read local chat) and have plenty of fun. Although, without skill grinding I'd likely be bored too.

Here is my take on it, if you have a year into Wurm and you believe yourself 'done' and waiting for new features, you defiantly aren't playing it right. I can garuantee that there is plenty more for you to do. Just let everything go along at its own pace and be glad of where we are right now. We have has so much more in the past year in terms of additions then in previous years, asking for developement to be rushed even faster than now will only lead to additions that are partially completed, and anger many players who will use the same excuse as always, that things should be fully bug tested before being launched. So in essence I say no to your suggestion, as is the point of this forum section, respectfully, and ask you to truly examine the numerous amount of things I would guess you haven't actually accomplished. (There is no sarcasm or rudeness in my statement, so I hope it is not taken as such, I am being 100% honest).

I'd rather personally wait longer to get a finished product with hopefully less bugs.

Super agreement here.

Not being funny or rude, but I stand by my -1. People come from other games, and expect wurm to be like that, I have been playing solidly now for a long time, maybe a year, and before that, on and off since 2006ish. The dev is going fast, and if you know what's involved int he background, it's pretty damn ok. I have to repeat what I say often, if you just came here for the grind, and didn't enjoy the experience getting there, chased skills, or bought a high skill character instead of adventuring there from scratch, you're probably not on the right server/deed/game.

I will never get around to finish everything I have planned, and we have a thriving settlement. The projects we started, not to mention the ones that people need help with.

I hear you, that you didn't come for suggestions, but your "suggestion" was something that puts pressure on developers and others, by expecting and demanding speed that is already applied to other very important things. If "other games" are "better", then do go enjoy them.

Otherwise, make your own plot.

On new toys, agreed, but it will happen, and it has been happening, in fact, we've been getting things all the time. The crafting interface and bridges are out soon (did you see the other threads about this??)

Have a good 2014.

been here a year, didn't buy my toon, worked for what I have, came to pristine when pristine was just that, walked through water, past spiders, crocs, bears and hell hounds to get to a deed at the bottom of the world. Met nice people, and some idiots, helped people, got skills .. developed two deeds, made lots and lots of things .

I go our from my deed often looking around and trying to find things to do.

Many times  I log in and say.. why am here now. The only answer is groom, repair the bugged, rapidly decaying walls that they claim to have fixed and didn't.

Or click, make dye, click make dye, click make dye.   and watch the number, (even on sleep bonus) go up a . 00000000000000000000000000000001 .  I have had to pay an almost 50% increase in my premium to keep it, and all I am suggesting, is that there be a new interest., something.

I really don't think it is unreasonable, and have no idea why there is such an ado about it. 

and what on earth is -1 about

this is wurm.. it should be -1.0000000000000347 :huh:

now it is time to leave the forums again.. there are animals waiting for me to groom and I am sure that the walls that were repaired yesterday have 70 dmg. on them by now.