Sign in to follow this  
Ausimus

Make disintegrate actually useful

Make disintegrate cause damage to reinforcement beams in your own kingdom influence.

As there has been multiple threads in regards to reinforcement beams I'm sure ill get some flame, but I'm sure there are people that agree there should be a way of destroying and infinity strong "force field", instead of dropping a deed.

Also of not implemented have it use the mining deed permission to lessen the possibility of a griefer alt abusing the feature

Suggestion isn't really related to pvp, mostly just grief prevention, and a means of redesigning a reinforced mine that is off deed.

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 4

+10 If it would take more favor (enough that one person cant do it) and you cant do it in an area around a deed you are not apart of

Edited by blayze

I think it'd be nice if it destroyed about 200-300 mining actions on veins per cast.

Eh, as a Mag priest that means I could fix things around in my areas... though that also means priest alts can do the "same" which opens up to alts breaking into once secured tunnels/safe mines.

Always a touchy subject, hard to reach a verdict that wouldn't just be opening up grief potential.  Also consider battlecamps easily changing influence where there normally isn't.  Edit - home servers are 100% kingdom influence, don't forget that

Edited by MrGARY

Possible way to meet half way here... Cast disintegrate on a reinforced tile to turn it into a damaged reinforced tile. Such a tile is now minable, gives no product and takes 500 hits to break?

• Like 1

Yeah sure you might be able to break into some ones mine and "grief" it but its so much worse when they reinforce a tunnel shut making it completely unusable. If you can break the reinforced tile then it can still be fixed.  

Eh, as a Mag priest that means I could fix things around in my areas... though that also means priest alts can do the "same" which opens up to alts breaking into once secured tunnels/safe mines.

Since the end of curbs, no mine/tunnel is safe anymore.

+1 on the op!

Since the end of curbs, no mine/tunnel is safe anymore.

+1 on the op!

.....how does curbs even have anything to do with what I said?  The only thing curbs even did was prevent walling them off :huh:

Yeah sure you might be able to break into some ones mine and "grief" it but its so much worse when they reinforce a tunnel shut making it completely unusable. If you can break the reinforced tile then it can still be fixed.  

It's called a deed, it lets you break reinforcements.  Only problem with that is battlecamps, which is a whole separate issue.

.....how does curbs even have anything to do with what I said?  The only thing curbs even did was prevent walling them off :huh:

It's called a deed, it lets you break reinforcements.  Only problem with that is battlecamps, which is a whole separate issue.

Gary you seem to miss the point completely...

For example lets take two of your mines that have been destroyed. The entrance and the exit were both reinforced forcing some one to plant two deeds to mine out the reinforcements. Now lets say that someone really wants to destroy and grief a mine. They could collapse and reinforce every 25 tiles in a mine making it impossible to reopen and it would take them under 30 minutes to do so. There are also areas around the map that you cant plant a deed.

instead of dropping a deed.

-.-

Edited by blayze