Sign in to follow this  
chachajenkins

Horse cruise control

Not sure if this has been suggested before but I think that having the ability to keep the horse at a set pace so others on foot can keep up would be ideal on hunting trips and the like. It would also make riding with other more convenient so that the horses can go at a pace that each one is easily capable of reaching, without the faster ones having to stop and wait for others to catch up every so often.

What about sprint & walk.
horse becomes 0 speed wild horse while "walking" and sprints when asked to sprint using the traits it has?
And then have a stamina system, no stam for walking but stam loss for sprinting.

I never liked the random cut in/out of speed traits. drives me nuts.

I guess you could go even more complex and have another control to make it walk below the speed of a normal horse, if the normal horse speed is still to fast. greater control of horse travel would be awesome regardless.........

EDIT: I think the above suggestion could also add some strategy to the PvP servers and take some of the "coded control" away. In the sense of if you just sprint everywhere then have no stam to "escape" or if you decide to sprint at the wrong time in a chase, you will win/lose.

Edited by AlexLong

sounds like too much dev work for a minor laziness and convenience issue.

I believe it's more real to have a canter/gallop option, but not sure it's worth it

+0.5