Sign in to follow this  
Darkfilo

Signs

The readable lettering on signs looks pretty nice. Not sure if it would be the most visually appealing thing to look at all across the lands though. As things stand now signs are more subtle in that you have to mouse over them to read info. Hopefully this feature will be retained with this new visual lettering so that signs can still be "read" from a distance with mouse over.

Also, I suppose this lettering will not be enabled on Shop Signs in that it would cover up their logos? While on that subject, I would most look forward to more new logos being made available for Shop Signs. The ones we have now are nice but more variety would certainly be welcome and this seems to fit in with your sign project as well.

=Ayes=

All I want to know is how do I change all signs to say

saytheb slaps Budda around a bit with a large trout

• Like 1

Love it, excellent work. Please keep the mouse over reading from far away too!

Hmm... I'm looking at those signs on test and I'm not seeing anything. I assume there are some minimum graphics settings required? My OpenGL version is reporting at 4.3.0 so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not sure they're on the test server yet - though I could be wrong.

I feel that the texts compel me to worship darkfilo... but I resisted.. only Libila for me!

Nice job there darkfilo! I'm agree it need to be at least dark brown to looks like it is engraved, although playing with transparancy and overlay effects might do the job even better ( tho might sacrifice performance, so I think overkill..)

Edited by rosedragon

Great job so far,

We can dye signs , how about the option to die the text too?

Nice Black sign and blood red text.
"Trespassers will be shot , survivors will be troll food."

Edited by axeblade346

could you make signs easier to bash while you are at it?

• Like 2

Yay go Darkfilow :) I finally have a use for all my large signs. Now people have no choice but too read my bad jokes i will post around town now that it is alot more obvious :D

Can we get an /ignore function for signs?   :D

On a serious note, very nice job.

I'm not sure they're on the test server yet - though I could be wrong.

That image on the original post is exactly what I was seeing on the test server, just without the text of the signs showing up on the signs. Then, of course, someone came along and picked up two of the signs since apparently they weren't planted. One of them was still there when I left though.

This will be nice to have once on all sign types. Would certainly help with directing people to the right locations.

Nice! I'm assuming that some work will still be done on the visuals to make the text look more naturally a part of the sign? Perhaps a dark brown instead of black, a wee bit of transparency perhaps so the wooden texture shows through. 

• Like 1

Nice! I'm assuming that some work will still be done on the visuals to make the text look more naturally a part of the sign? Perhaps a dark brown instead of black, a wee bit of transparency perhaps so the wooden texture shows through. 

Malena said exactly what I was thinking, I know this is only the early stages, so I'll try not to be harsh.  :)

Really good work though, being done by you guys, and thank you!