Sign in to follow this  
Jenshiye

Riding animals - hellhorses, unicorns, cows

• Bring riding unicorns back.

• Stop friendly and neutral guards attack domestic hell horses.

Copy and alter code so that we can sit on cows and such properly.

... and yeah, other thread, I said there are other ways than size to show that these are champions.

Would like to ride other things, such as bison.

Also, I want a war cow, barding, shoes, saddle! :D

Edited by Jenshiye

1. riding unicorns was fixed months ago

how do you propose to figure out which ones are domesticated?

and how do u propose to show mobs are champions?

you can ride unicorns with enough body control

[01:03:18] You mount on the Aged fat champion unicorn as the driver.

guards attacking domestic hell horses is a known issue

agree with the riding position for cows

agree with the size of champion mounts

• and how do u propose to show mobs are champions?

Would you say this is a regular or champion dog ? We get more models made, it would take time to do for various things but might be better than the crayola system we currently have.

VfRD8v1.jpg

Edited by Elen

considering the size......I'd say its a muscle dog about the size of a poodle....

Now here's a champ dog!! B)

ugliest_dog_jpg.jpg

Edited by Protunia

lol that dog.... wow.. 

Fyi... The devs did say they're gonna add new models for champs (unless I'm mistaken) probably another "soon" feature like stairs.

They could just shade their coats also, chestnut could be mahogany coloured for example, we would soon learn to spot them.

Stop friendly and neutral guards attack domestic hell horses.

I suggested a while ago that we should be able to make animals passive through breeding for cats etc.

Taming system is not real useful imho as it is. Very basic and could do with some changes that benefit all of us.;

I'm going to include PvP in my suggestion here even though I don't play there because I really think this could help them and people on freedom. Personally I stay away from PvP because its more about code and less about actual Player V Player, this suggestion could give players there greater control over their own battle strategy too.:

Once you tame an animal it becomes passive, branding the animal will give you "control" over it. On PvP you can then "order" it to attack what ever and dito on PvE (except not people). Guards will only kill it IF its been ordered to become "aggressive" again. Guards will not help people that attacked the animal first...

Or something along them lines anyway.

I don't know how you would go about people that went around taming everything. I think maybe that if its not branded within 1 hour it should become aggressive again or something and a branding limit applies too depending on deed size. Mayhaps something like that I'd like to see.

Edited by AlexLong
  • Like 2

I suggested a while ago that we should be able to make animals passive through breeding for cats etc.

Taming system is not real useful imho as it is. Very basic and could do with some changes that benefit all of us.;

I'm going to include PvP in my suggestion here even though I don't play there because I really think this could help them and people on freedom. Personally I stay away from PvP because its more about code and less about actual Player V Player, this suggestion could give players there greater control over their own battle strategy too.:

Once you tame an animal it becomes passive, branding the animal will give you "control" over it. On PvP you can then "order" it to attack what ever and dito on PvE (except not people). Guards will only kill it IF its been ordered to become "aggressive" again. Guards will not help people that attacked the animal first...

Or something along them lines anyway.

I don't know how you would go about people that went around taming everything. I think maybe that if its not branded within 1 hour it should become aggressive again or something and a branding limit applies too depending on deed size. Mayhaps something like that I'd like to see.

I think this has been suggested in multiple ways and there was supposed to be a domesticated trait, which wouldn't count against the others, which was going to come out if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

• Bring riding unicorns back.

• Stop friendly and neutral guards attack domestic hell horses.
  • Copy and alter code so that we can sit on cows and such properly.

... and yeah, other thread, I said there are other ways than size to show that these are champions.

Would like to ride other things, such as bison.

Also, I want a war cow, barding, shoes, saddle! :D

Sitting on Cow position , I can look into that.

Hell horses attacked.. , that's code, I'll poke Erik

Champs, we have discussed how to make the "champ" without scaling. Like alter the model and texture (war paint, horns, bone plates or something like that)and make it just a little bigger.

Then can we also adjust the attachment point and the model better for the mounted player if the model are bigger.

The draw back are if you have penned a lot of animals and champs it will eat up more memory :/, now they do share texture and model with its regular counter part.

And when we do talk about animals, we had some discussions about how to show animals conditions with out dipping em in paint.

Maybe add some particles that show the type of condition, we do know that the dipped in paint are a good way to see like Fierce and Greenish from far away and that player uses it when spotting preys.

But mousing over will still tell what condition it have (at some distance), maybe its even possible to colour the text depending on condition.

Personally Im against the dipped paint and think that the condition should only be visible by a icon in the target window. But that's just me :)

• Like 2