Sign in to follow this  
AlexDunphy

Camps (micro deeds) - free maintenance, but tied of premium membership

Hello folks,

In my (relative) short WURM life, I've met quite a few dedicated players which paid their premium membership, but never considered they afford to buy a deed and also pay the maintenance fee, so they either decided to settle in the wilderness or just join someone's village. And sometimes these thing ended up pretty bad - having greedy people expand perimeter over their little places or being kicked out of deeds when those deeds changed owners.

For them, and for all other players out there who can't really afford more than premium membership, here's an idea:

Camps (micro deeds):
- fixed size: 7x7 (3 tiles in each direction from token), 1 tile perimeter
- no templar, no additional citizens, no reputation, no bonuses for age, no politics (alliance), no custom name (named Char's Camp - like AlexDunphy's camp)

- no trading and no custom rights (so can't claim a good mining spot with an alt and let you main mine) to prevent abuses
- cost to buy: 3s (no refund if disbanded), one for free on first premium (maybe instead of referral)
- maintenance: nothing
- BUT it automatically disbands if owner's premium runs out

The limitations are big enough to not make it an attractive option for anyone who affords a deed, so there shouldn't cause a drop in income for Rolf from less deeds. Also the fact that the owner must be premium removes the risk of abuses.

I actually think it will increase the income since this will be an extra incentive for those people to maintain their premium membership all the time. And as they get the taste of it, they will prolly upgrade to a normal deed as soon as they afford.

Quite daring idea, I know, but really why not? Give a new option to all those premium players living in the wilderness.

And with Rolf's announced intention to drop the enclosure rule living in the wilderness becomes way too risky. And while I support this idea (because it was miss used by many to reserve huge amounts of land without paying anything for it), I realize that it will make the life of those people living outside deeds a real nightmare. And while this may somehow be fair for free players (who after all are just trying the game), I really think that a premium player, who pays her money every month, should have at least some kind of protection and prevent them rage quitting just because they logged one day to find all their belongings "raided".

PS: Before attacking me, not my idea please note that this is NOT to benefit me. I love terraforming and I always had quite big deeds.

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by AlexDunphy
  • Like 1

-100, no maintenance cheap magicdeeds are a terrible idea, would create so many problems.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but if you can't afford it, then you can't get a deed, no dumbed down versions, make the money to pay for one by making things for other players, there are a great deal of options to get money for yourself. I can easily see this as a buffer deed too, or mainly a space saver. Only bad things can come of this un-needed idea as it will only be abused.

• Like 1

it is only 1s a month to maintain a small deed if you can not make that along with your premium then you are doing something wrong. 

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, December 29, 2013 - OT
Hidden by KaiH, December 29, 2013 - OT

Can someone please ban her from the forums for a month please?

• Like 5

View hidden Post

Ok you need to step away from the keyboard and go find a boyfriend, girlfriend, both.

• Like 2

If it would create a viable income for the game it wouldn't even come up as an alternative to buying a regular deed so you've obviously done the math here and realized that this would cost virtually nothing and still offer all the biggest perks of having a deed.

Edited by Aeris

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, December 30, 2013 - OT
Hidden by Kediec, December 30, 2013 - OT

Are you making all these posts for attention?

You got it now please stop.

I would rather prefer buying a spawnpoint.

And I can see the exploits of doing that on Epic.

View hidden Post

This was found on the Exodus Freedom chat logs.

[03:37:48] <Alexdunphy> boy, I'm popular :D three more deeds added me to KOS :D
[03:38:15] <Chiqa> it must be yoru charming personality
[03:38:30] <Alexdunphy> It actually really feels good :D
[03:39:09] <Chiqa> negative attention feels better than none?
[03:39:11] <Alexdunphy> Is an old quote in politics that say "love, hate, as long as people talk about you, you're all good"
[03:40:01] <Alexdunphy> depends of people, but yeah, I guess I prefere to be notorious and hated, instead of ignored :))
[03:40:28] <Alexdunphy> of course, everyone would like to be loved and popular, but with this option out of table, I prefere the people hating me :D
[03:41:01] <Chiqa> then you should be having a grand old time
[03:41:20] <Alexdunphy> I don't know what this means - lol
[03:42:06] <Chiqa> well you are attention seeking, that is your fun, by being on kos you get attention so you should be happy
[03:42:15] <Alexdunphy> or as any rockstar will tell you "I don't care what they write about me, as long as they spell my name right", "even bad publicity is still publicity"
[03:42:50] <Chiqa> sheehs girl you have it bad
[03:43:16] <Alexdunphy> most people have relative short memory - one year from an event they don't remember the context they heard about a person, they just remember they know the name ;)
[03:44:02] <Chiqa> if you say so
[03:44:20] <Alexdunphy> in politics it worked countless times :)
[03:44:32] <Chiqa> that's nice
[03:44:35] <Alexdunphy> studied a whole semester about such cases :D
[03:45:49] <Chiqa> for your next toon you could name it" Hey everybody look at me"
[03:46:31] <Alexdunphy> and if somehow WURM will become mainstream someday and there will be a lot of casual players coming over, guess who could say "Fighting for egalitarianism and against old player privileges since 2013"
[03:46:52] <Chiqa> look dont care about yoru views
[03:47:00] <Chiqa> or your politics
[03:47:17] <Alexdunphy> I just want to make wurm not a grind
[03:47:40] <Chiqa> honestly I relaly donot care about what you want, as I am not here for you
[03:47:55] <Alexdunphy> still you answer every time I talk, every time I write on forum :D
[03:48:02] <Alexdunphy> you just can't refrain yourself :D
[03:48:25] <Alexdunphy> deep inside your soul you know you're a fan :D
[03:52:48] <Alexdunphy> YEY! 7th skill at 25 - [12:47:48] Farming increased by 0,0129 to 25,010 :D

New topic but same motive.

• Like 2

View hidden Post

[03:39:11] <Alexdunphy> Is an old quote in politics that say "love, hate, as long as people talk about you, you're all good"

[03:40:01] <Alexdunphy> depends of people, but yeah, I guess I prefere to be notorious and hated, instead of ignored :))

[03:40:28] <Alexdunphy> of course, everyone would like to be loved and popular, but with this option out of table, I prefere the people hating me :D

[03:42:06] <Chiqa> well you are attention seeking, that is your fun, by being on kos you get attention so you should be happy

[03:42:15] <Alexdunphy> or as any rockstar will tell you "I don't care what they write about me, as long as they spell my name right", "even bad publicity is still publicity"

[03:43:16] <Alexdunphy> most people have relative short memory - one year from an event they don't remember the context they heard about a person, they just remember they know the name ;)

[03:45:49] <Chiqa> for your next toon you could name it" Hey everybody look at me"

[03:46:31] <Alexdunphy> and if somehow WURM will become mainstream someday and there will be a lot of casual players coming over, guess who could say "Fighting for egalitarianism and against old player privileges since 2013"

[03:47:40] <Chiqa> honestly I relaly donot care about what you want, as I am not here for you

[03:47:55] <Alexdunphy> still you answer every time I talk, every time I write on forum :D

[03:52:48] <Alexdunphy> YEY! 7th skill at 25 - [12:47:48] Farming increased by 0,0129 to 25,010 :D

New topic but same motive.

This sounds familiar, but I don't know why.

Nice to see you on yet another forum account Alex. 

Bet it's nice to see yet another -1 from me too. 

<3

• Like 6

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, December 29, 2013 - OT
Hidden by sunsvortex, December 29, 2013 - OT

-1 to protected permashack deeds

+1 the ability to search for previously posted topics in the forums that you think will get you the attention you seek.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, December 30, 2013 - OT
Hidden by Kediec, December 30, 2013 - OT

New topic but the same motive.

Too many problems would come out of this idea.

How many forum accounts do you have?

I haven't been on the forums in a while and the first thing I see is this crap???!!!?? Please. Stop making so many forum accounts and stop making suggestions for the (hurtful term but what-the-hell) "poor" and make reasonable ones (consider Rolf and the Wurm team, the people who do/did pay for deeds, and PvP. And looking at the chat logs posted above you said you like this sort of attention. Well, I think it's about time for you to go out IRL and experience some IRL stuff and learn how small you really are.You lack a sense of reality, so you should wait before you play a game like Wurm. 

-1 to every atom that defines you and your ideas.

• Like 3

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Kediec, December 30, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Kediec, December 30, 2013 - trolling

trollbait

We could always bring back the size5 homestead at 5s + 1s per month upkeep!

But yea, if you want deed protection, buy a deed. We all had to...

Edited by bp1986
  • Like 2

Are the MODs here ever going to start doing something about personal attacks like this:

-1 to every atom that defines you and your ideas.

Enough is enough. Start banning these people for a while... So many childish people on these forums. :unsure:

Edited by AlexLong
  • Like 1

I suggested something similar a long time ago instead of this enclosure bit they did.

I think it could work on a temp basis for new players better than what has happened with enclosures and the abusers.