Sign in to follow this  
Deathangel

Another SB alternative.

Option for one of two choices:

1)receive 5 hour SB

2)receive 3(5?) SB powder

When given out for crashes etc, only if player has been active within past 30 days.

This would benefit active players and could be toned down to even 1 powder alternative, as long as we get the choice so that EVERYONE gets something out out of the SB spam. (Benefits people who save SB or for any reasons have no time to use it, removes that unpredictable window of opportunity that every server crash provides.)

Could get a /SB command that brings up a window like /referral or /transfer that gives you options above, with all the times you received the SB hand outs while meeting the requirements said above. Can save up for while, too, limited to say 10(?) hand outs.

Get it added, come on! Make this a priority ;P

Edited by Deathangel
  • Like 3

I don't see any good reason to change it the way it is. You are provided compensation, that you aren't entitled to. This isn't something that we earn, it's something that we are given as a little apology, even though most of the time, they didn't do anything wrong. Giving out sleep powder not only devalues sleep powder as a tradable commodity, but it is actively giving players ingame currency for missed time, instead of reimbursed time, which the sleep bonus is much closer to doing. Nothing is forcing you to save your sleep bonus, nor is there much good reason to usually. 

Personally, I really hope they don't change it to something that people can trade like sleep powder.

I don't see any good reason to change it the way it is. You are provided compensation, that you aren't entitled to. This isn't something that we earn, it's something that we are given as a little apology, even though most of the time, they didn't do anything wrong. Giving out sleep powder not only devalues sleep powder as a tradable commodity, but it is actively giving players ingame currency for missed time, instead of reimbursed time, which the sleep bonus is much closer to doing. Nothing is forcing you to save your sleep bonus, nor is there much good reason to usually. 

Personally, I really hope they don't change it to something that people can trade like sleep powder.

Think a little forward. Such an item would OBVIOUSLY be untradable.

Anyway, +1 from me. Things can always improve, even though I enjoy how it currently is.

id rather get 3x sleep powders to use them when i feel comftorable to use them.

+1

but what would nonprems get?

every god damn week someone makes this, deal with what you get for essentially nothing please

• Like 2

Main purpose is to minimize the unpredictable window of opportunity that it creates as is. Yes untradable is a great detail I forgot to mention.

A reason to save sleep bonus is for those of us that have jobs and family demanding that we cannot log in and use what we already have saved, we just miss out big time.

Or you could be saving for that grinding session you've been looking forward to getting time to play and do, and then realize you could've gotten x more hours in on that grind but couldn't because you already had near full saved up.

Edited by Deathangel

SB is something Rolf does not have to give out at all, it is a kindness that he does it.  Therefore I will not try to tell him how to do it.  This whole attitude about SB for downtime reminds me of an old saying, Give them more than they expect, and soon they start expecting more.

He already gives it to everyone, this just lets everyone have a chance to use it, too.

He already gives it to everyone, this just lets everyone have a chance to use it, too.

every god damn week someone makes this, deal with what you get for essentially nothing please

• Like 1

Hi,

most other games reimburse what's actually lost (plus a little bonus sometimes, as redemption) - prepaid gaming time.

Is it really this hard to implement such in Wurm?

Have fun!

To reimburse what you actually lost you would have to be normally playing during the time of the outage, and others who play at different times or days would get nothing.

Be happy with what you are given , you could be given less.

Hi,

most other games reimburse what's actually lost (plus a little bonus sometimes, as redemption) - prepaid gaming time.

Is it really this hard to implement such in Wurm?

Have fun!

When we had a long downtime (that ddos attack) we were reimbursed all premium time lost and even some extea.

But in case of a server crash, fixed in 30 minutes, what do you want - 30 minutes of premium? Just keep track of it and when you come to two months of downtime send me a PM and I will buy you two months of premium, if you are really so cheap.

About the SB, again... it's a free compensation, not something you earned or you are entitled to. So just be happy with what you got, learn to say Thank You, move on and stop crying that you didn't get the toy the other kid got.

-1 to 5 free silver for crashing. greedy much???

reserve sb maybe.....

Edited by Protunia

I'd just add a "overflow" system. players could add sleepbonus above 5hours in one of two instances, Awarded by GMs (like on the events of servers crashing) or obtained from Sleep powder (allowing people to activate more than 5 sleep powders).

Sleeping wouldn't add any bonus to the overflow, and if you have overflow sleep, you won't be able to obtain more by sleeping.

SB is something Rolf does not have to give out at all, it is a kindness that he does it.  Therefore I will not try to tell him how to do it.  This whole attitude about SB for downtime reminds me of an old saying, Give them more than they expect, and soon they start expecting more.

Actually on services that are prepaid monthly fees, its kind of a wise choice to give people a compensation for downtime. Otherwise people that try to log in during downtime, can't then go off to do something else, will eventually start wondering if their money isn't more suited somewhere more reliable. Not that Wurm isn't actually pretty reliable most of the time, but still. The whole feel of the community changed a bit with the increased prices, and the quality, although steadily climbing the last few years, didn't ramp up like the price, so adding frustration even over little things like having been saving your SB for a week, just to get a 5h bonus on the same day it would get full anyhow, doesn't really make anyone's day.

What we need to be aware is that wurm is a buisness, and even though the devs do their best, and its really improving, and exciting to see the new stuff that will come up. We aren't exactly queuing to enter the game, so losing even just a couple players over stuff that could be easily improved won't help the game at all.

Edited by KanePT

-1 to 5 free silver for crashing. greedy much???

reserve sb maybe.....

Main issue on the table is too much SB to benefit from SB given out. In order to actually get something out of these generous gifts, I proposed SB powders, and it was added that they be non tradable. This eliminates their market value. If you want to think of another function, like no item but a different cap limitation on SB, go ahead. Could just as easily add a higher cap on SB, like you keep getting SB from handouts and powder but not from beds after 5hr.

i rather have a command to fill sb bar after a server down time if the command is unused in 7 days or another sb event than it is gone and they are unstackable. but i an perfectly fine with the system as the way it is

^

You realize that some people in fact gain nothing from this, right? Every time, there's always a minority(majority even?) that gets left out because they were saving SB or just happened to have near full. Build on it, propose a better idea, or just trash it and be inconsiderate, your choice entirely.

For those assuming I'm just being selfish, I was in fact online during the last crash, and about 40% of other crashes. When my play time goes from 4 hours to 2 hours I get a bit disappointed, and no I did not benefit from the SB because I had already saved up 5 hours worth at the time. Maybe I'm still not entitled to anything! However, it doesn't hurt anyone to make sure people that are in my position get something out of what everyone else gets, too.