Sign in to follow this  
Gramuly

starter deed designs

Guess i'll scout for a better route to the clay north and build a forge near the tar pit just a few tiles east of GD, luckily tar burns well as fuel too.

Suggestions to make GD even better are welcome!

Http://http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/79352-deedplanner-3d-house-and-deed-planner/?hl=wplanner.jar

This program should help you to plot and plan your deeds and buildings for fun.

This is pulled from the Wurm forums Credit due to the those who cared enough to work on it.

the other program for this would be WurmPlanner but I was unable to get it to work.

Any info and both programs is helpfull

Edited by Gramuly

I agree completely here, starter deeds look terrible, if i just can replant the trees in dead lake i would he happy, what is there now looks terrible.

=Loren=

Guess i'll scout for a better route to the clay north and build a forge near the tar pit just a few tiles east of GD, luckily tar burns well as fuel too.

Suggestions to make GD even better are welcome!

I completely forgot that tar can be used as fuel until I saw your sign by the tar pit advising of that. Yea, a forge and oven there would be a good way for the new player to get some first hand experience on fueling them with the tar. Too bad it can't be used as kindling to start them as well, as far as I know. If not then a bin there with wood scraps would help resolve the issue, although I have planted some in the past and stocked with scraps only to have the bin take a trip into the unknown at a later date.

I have also noticed that the 1 tile road on the west side has some spots where the side to side is a dirt or 2 out of level. Might want to check that since my guy there can not dig on deed to fix it. Also, the clay spot north is pretty easily accessed. My comment about clay being on GD perimeter was more for convenience and deed over prevention. Wish you the best on your GD improvements. 

=Ayes=

building a new forge and oven this week there, added a marble slab road from GD token to the clay (thank you Nawnee for allowing to pass your nice spot!)

levelled part of the clay area and tried to make it look better overall.

there are concerns that the chessboard pattern i did on the highway is not nice, so i think of making it full marble.. comments on that?

(*eyes at Shadowronin and Tavariell*)

• Like 1

Lotta good ideas here and sounds like GD is getting some love.  

On the OP, one thing I'd really like to see but I know wouldn't be a popular idea, is for each starting area (except maybe on pvp, don't know what the ramifications would be there), to have a building where people can log out safely and maybe even have beds there for them. Something along the lines of Empath Abby or the Inns back in UO.

I've seen the arguments that people would just live there and that it's just hand-holding.  But with no storage and no sense of ownership, I feel most would still end up moving on. And if someone did choose to just live there indefinitely, I don't really see what the harm would be on Freedom.  No idea about the pvp servers, like I said.  

And any new people who were staying there for prolonged periods would also be getting a chance to meet each other and maybe form some new friendships and hunting partners, etc. while adjusting to the game.  It worked really well in UO, and that was a full on ffa pvp game in the early days, so on Freedom, something like that should be completely harmless while giving a newbie a feeling of welcome & safety with a base to branch out from.

Thanks whoever redesigned dead lake, it will help the noobs navigate much easier now.

Still on it. For now only the outer walls are done.

If some Affliction dwellers want to donate something like lamps or HotA statues...

• Like 1

As a noob I just wanted some wilderness to settle in where I could mine, chop trees etc. without getting messages that I wasn't allowed to because someone owned the land. I even quit playing at first after running for 30 minutes on independence trying to find a tree to cut down or some open space without fences or houses, 

I don't think new players wants to be overwhelmed with stuff to look at, like HoTA statues or big stone buildings, it will just make them feel less worth and like they are so far behind the established players that they shouldn't even bother playing. 

Best thing to do.. well..  don't fence stuff in if not needed, it will make navigation harder for new people. Don't deed close to starter deed, let the noobs have some space. Public mines are good , it's very hard for new players to find metal on their own. Putting up signs pointing to stuff of interest is good too, like clay spot etc. Make new players feel welcome by putting down a sig that says please help yourself to the clay, iron etc. doesn't hurt :)