Sign in to follow this  
Windguaerd

-= M D E =- Public Works

1c1o.png

Hello, I'm Windguaerd, Mayor of Mercury Dragons Elite. Due to my successful wurm business I decided a few weeks ago to build a highway from Mercury Dragons Outlook X4 Y20 (neighbor deed of a friend) heading east X9 Y20 for easier travel for locals, customers and travelers. The highway at this point is fully paved, and the path is easy to travel without any steep inclines and such. Currently I'm trying to make the sides of the highway a bit more manageable (some tiles are too hard to climb) so there is some terraforming ongoing at this time. Most of the highway has QL 20-40 lamps which in time will be replaced by QL 50+ lamps. If you intend to use the road, please carry Tar and refill a few lamps as you go by.

There is a total of 4 Guard Towers which cover MDE Highway with the last one near MDO. The highway leads to the road going downhill (fully protected by Cedar hedges) to MDE, the Guard Tower in my deed will be relocated soon (January '14) because it's too far inside my place, even tho I have yet to hear a single complaint about safety regarding my deed or the MDE Public Market.

UPDATE Jan 29 2014: Tower removed on deed, and built a RARE tower in front of MDE with 6 guards, plenty of safety.

Images of MDE Highway coming soon.

Another project which I've been working while I make deliveries by land is imping public west coast Guard Towers to 50+ to increase the security of travelers who uses them. I even imped one to rare a few weeks ago. I'll be working my way towards SS on this one, since I'm getting more orders from the east coast it seems.

I would like to make another highway from the middle of MDE highway to the south towards the Respite Gates deed, however that would take some weeks of planning so don't expect that for at least a few months.

Thanks for reading, and if you have any ideas for a public works project, please post it.

Edited by Windguaerd
  • Like 1

Highway is finished, but I wanted to make it more pimp, so re-paving it, with all marble slabs on my spare time. Bulk business is busy, but will do my best to finish it, then I can give proper screenshots.