Sign in to follow this  
snowblind

what is the gift

what are the christmas gift's this year ? .. heard there was 2 but they redid the gift and now 1 ? any explanation is apperciated , thanks also =) so happy christmas is here , i hope everyone has a happy christmas =)

A snow lantern. :P

[20:26:27] Expel the darkness with this +2 lantern, gives +4 to jollyness checks during winter.
[20:26:27] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Xallo'.

It's a cool gift. 

But I saw a lantern and immediately thought 'well, it can't be improved and lanterns decay superfast in inventory.  so it'll be gone in 6 months'

I'm hoping they didn't just copy the lantern item and give it a different name/model.

****  Merry Christmas all.  Even Syhl and Nerf. =)

Edited by leaf
  • Like 3

i recommend you never unwrapp your gift,i did and now it cant be wrapped again

Well as far as i know all the christmas gifts are forever so i am guessing this might not take any damage but i guess we will have to see. I know that they do drop on death i have tested that with an alt. 

what makes me goes D: is this personal lamp is 2.5kg weight..

Yours is only that heavy because Santa had to stuff so much coal into it for all the things you've been up to this year. ;)

(Just kidding, of course.)

• Like 4

what makes me goes D: is this personal lamp is 2.5kg weight..

Totally agree. I've been running around with a 0.30 kg brass oil lamp since I forever,it makes it rather useless.

Snow isn't that heavy, and magic snow that gives +2 light is even lighter as everyone knows. I don't think anyone would mind if there was a ninja update that would reduce this 2.5kg weight to 0.30 kg ;).

i didnt get no coal, woulda been nice too!

[02:28:31] Santa Claus says, 'You have been a bad person this year, Suntzu. No gift for you!'.

i would suggest its not intended as a personal light source, too damn heavy.

and while mine look a little underwhelming sitting in the corner of my house, it occured to me they could make a nice centre piece on a table .. so putting stuff on tables update asap please devs :)

Edited by scottfree

Just in case anyone cries about the gift this year, here's a preemptive "you're wrong".

Below is a screenshot of 3 lamps, 1ql, 20ql 99ql.

lampql.png

• Like 4

I think is a great gift; I love it. :D

Just curious if it does take damage or not? What if in inventory, what if dropped in a house on deed?

You´re right Budda, this ql99 lamp is awsome, now i use only this but next time i´ll try to colorize it

merry christmas

Eject

99 ql lamp, is a pretty lame gift. I put it right up there with, tube socks from the dollar store.

• Like 1

one of my villager let it lit since he got it and it hasn't take any damage. And it is not using fuel either.

99 ql lamp, is a pretty lame gift. I put it right up there with, tube socks from the dollar store.

Can I have yours since you don't like it?  =)

Also I read in IRC that when it does run out of fuel, it uses candles.

You guys really are too spoiled... almost all I hear are complains...

- when we got the loyalty program people complained - that seryl is to rare to be useful, that some people got cooler gifts, that potions are useless, that fireworks are only 80ql, etc

- now people complain that the lantern is too heavy, that it may take damage, that it requires candles to fuel, that it is not cool enough, etc

Really... they are GIFTS, FREE GIFTS - some more valuable, some less valuable, but they are all gifts... receiving a gift is not a right, but a privilege... just be grateful for what you got, say thank you and move on; why instead be grumpy that the kid next to you or the kid from last year got nicer toys?

Really... you do the same in real life? Complain when you think you got a lesser gift then the one you expected?

On the loyalty program I got only the potion, not even the egg or fireworks, not to mention moon metal or other cool stuff. Would I have wanted those? Hell yeah. But that doesn't mean I was not happy with my free potion... at the end of the day it was a FREE GIFT, one that helped me have a bit of fun.

Same now... I think it looks cool, and although I will probably not use it (it is my first Christmas gift in WURM and I value it too much to risk it getting damage) but bank it... I'm still grateful... I can take it out of bank anytime, drop it in front of me and smile happily thinking that it was a gift... something that Rolf and the team didn't had to give me (us), still they took the effort to do it.

And as a side note... what gift did we took them for Christmas?

So thank you for my potion and for the chance to get more in the future in the loyalty program.

And THANK YOU A LOT for my precious snow lamp. :D I love it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by AlexDunphy
  • Like 7

I'm still amazed about how this could go from here:

what are the christmas gift's this year ? .. heard there was 2 but they redid the gift and now 1 ? any explanation is apperciated , thanks also =) so happy christmas is here , i hope everyone has a happy christmas =)

To here:

You guys really are too spoiled... almost all I hear are complains...

- when we got the loyalty program people complained - that seryl is to rare to be useful, that some people got cooler gifts, that potions are useless, that fireworks are only 80ql, etc

- now people complain that the lantern is too heavy, that it may take damage, that it requires candles to fuel, that it is not cool enough, etc

Really... they are GIFTS, FREE GIFTS - some more valuable, some less valuable, but they are all gifts... receiving a gift is not a right, but a privilege... just be grateful for what you got, say thank you and move on; why instead be grumpy that the kid next to you or the kid from last year got nicer toys?

Really... you do the same in real life? Complain when you think you got a lesser gift then the one you expected?

On the loyalty program I got only the potion, not even the egg or fireworks, not to mention moon metal or other cool stuff. Would I have wanted those? Hell yeah. But that doesn't mean I was not happy with my free potion... at the end of the day it was a FREE GIFT, one that helped me have a bit of fun.

Same now... I think it looks cool, and although I will probably not use it (it is my first Christmas gift in WURM and I value it too much to risk it getting damage) but bank it... I'm still grateful... I can take it out of bank anytime, drop it in front of me and smile happily thinking that it was a gift... something that Rolf and the team didn't had to give me (us), still they took the effort to do it.

And as a side note... what gift did we took them for Christmas?

So thank you for my potion and for the chance to get more in the future in the loyalty program.

And THANK YOU A LOT for my precious snow lamp. :D I love it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers,

Alex

thatescalatedquickly.png

By the way I was a good person this year, and I like my lantern.

• Like 1

... receiving a gift is not a right, but a privilege...

You got that right, I almost had to steal it off someone.

View hidden Post