Sign in to follow this  
Cohen

Internet Explorer not allowing pasting in forum replies/post?

Can anyone enlighten me as to why the hell IE won't allow pasting in to forum posts atm? It used to until fairly recently and is really rather annoying!

Are there any settings in IE I need to change to enable it or is it just MS being an ass as usual?

Please be aware I'm not interested in advice on which browser I should be using, I have Firefox installed also. ;)

<edit> typo

Edited by Cohen

I used ctrl+v to post the line belov

won't allow pasting in to forum posts atm

and i use IE so I say it alloud it but not by rightclicking

I can't paste or use ctrl-v or use the quote feature since IE 11....

Firefox is getting a try fairly soon.

I Only switched to IE as Chrome stopped allowing access to web sites. I am also unable to Paste when replying using IE11.

A quick google search(https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=IE11%20can%27t%20paste) reveals that plenty of people having the problem but no one's had any real solutions beyond don't use IE, which I 100% agree with. I didn't think anyone actually really used IE anymore except the people that didn't really know other browsers existed.

Edited by Theodis

You can actually paste, but you have to click a few times on the first line of the post. If you click lower in the window it's not going to work.

you may also want to try the little light switch at the top left of the screen. I'm sorry I don't know the proper name for this switch but it works for me when nothing else seem to work

to be more clear if you are posting in a Wum form there is a line just above the reply box it has options for bold italic and such. the far left of that option line has a little switch. flip that switch and you should be able to paste.

this reply brought to you by Google Voice to Text

Edited by Gramuly

to be more clear if you are posting in a Wum form there is a line just above the reply box it has options for bold italic and such. the far left of that option line has a little switch. flip that switch and you should be able to paste.

this reply brought to you by Google Voice to Text

Thank you!

The above works!