Sign in to follow this  
Simju

Deed Costs

Hi, i dont know where  to ask else so:

If i want to found a settlement, ive to buy Premium and i need 10s to found it. so, first: it is enough to buy 2 month prem for 16€ and 10s for 16€ so a settlement creation ll cost 32€? or re there any hide costs?

and the wiki says if i buy a settlement form it will take 3s to the bank, 7s to claim land and if i dont claim for 7s the rest ll go to banl too?

last but not least: if i found a village with 144tiles (and 313 tile borders) it ll cost about 4,5s to create and 45c to hold it, right?

thank u for helping me

There are absolutely no hidden fees and actually you can get much cheaper than this:

- first option: buy one month of premium and 5 silvers option (it costs 16 euro, paypal only), sell your referal (at 6s it sells quite fast), and you also get 2s free for first purchase; so you'll have one month of premium and 13s, more than enough to buy the deed (on top of this you can also get 1-1.5s for your sleeping powder)

- second option: buy two times the one month plus one silver option (costs 2 * 10 = 20 euros), which gives you 2*1s=2s, 2s for first purchase and 6s from selling your referral, so 10s enough for settlment forms (and you can even gain 2-3 more silvers selling your sleeping powders)

- third option (cheapest, but somehow risky): buy two months of premium (16 euros), get 2s for first purchase, sell referral for 6s and (here is the risk) you must also find a customer for sleeping powders

Now one more thing: minimum maintenance is 1s per month, so there is common sense to have a deed as big as possible, without going over this limit.

- a 17x17 deed can be set without any aditional cost, maintenance is 1s, you have deed funds for like 4 months

- a 19x19 deed costs 0.22 extra silver (22 coppers), maintenance is 1s, you have deed funds fir 3 months

- a 21x21 deed costs 2.5 extra silver, maintenance is 1s, you have deed funds fir 3 months

• Like 2

There is a situation where you can effectively reduce your upkeep below 1s monthly. Buy the settlement form for 10s and place the smallest deed possible with no guard. Live and prosper on your deed for the next ~7 months. Then, about week or so before the deed's upkeep runs out disband it. Finally, place a new deed where your old one was and repeat the process again.

Why is it cheaper?  The settlement form costs 10s and manually disbanding it 7 months later returns 5s. So you'll only spend 5s per 7 months total. It should be possible to make 5s in 7 months using the "sell" features and selling things to deed tokens.

The 10s for the settlement form is more like an upfront minimum deposit. When you found your settlement you'll need funds to buy (or rent depending on your perspective) village tiles (land), optional more perimeter, and optional deed guards. The game first takes money from your settlement form (the 10s advancement) and if that's exhausted it then takes from your bank. Any funds left in the settlement form are applied towards monthly upkeep.

None of the money you spend on a deed will be refunded till you disband. At the point your only refund is 5s + any upkeep in excess of 5s. If your deed is auto disbanded because it ran out of upkeep nothing is refunded.

• Like 1

Simju, I suppose the "proper" place for this question would be the Community Assistance forum and it may be moved there. Anyway, Zappa gave you a nice breakdown on the different options you might choose with the associated costs. Joedobo also added a way to save monies over time with that approach I had never considered since I make my deeds for the long term not taking into account the 5 silver returned for disbanding.

Myself I always choose the largest deed tile size of 21x23 tiles (10x11 when filling settlement form) that will still keep me at 1 silver per month maintenance, since your monthly maintenance can never be lower than that amount. It is worth it to me to pay the extra cost associated with initially placing those extra deed tiles for the larger deeded land available. All deeds come with an additional 5 tile perimeter surround at no cost. Another approach is to choose the smallest deed tile size 11x11 (5x5) with then the largest extra perimeter tile area to still keep the monthly maintenance cost at 1 silver, although this option is more for those who familiar with the advantages of extra perimeter and how to use it to their best advantage. 

Also, on the final page of the settlement form it breaks down all the associated costs as well as the total expenditure, so before clicking the confirmation on that page you can always either go back pages to adjust any settings or simply cancel the form and start again. You can do this as often as you like before final confirmation and it is good experience take your time learning from the process rather than rushing to complete it on the first try. Also markers are put out that show the deed tile area and perimeter areas so you can walk around and visually see the area that will be covered. Just drag the settlement form to a compact shape so you can walk around and view the area more clearly.

Deeds are one of the great features of Wurm and if you create one I am sure you will get many hours of enjoyment as reward. Oh, and also a Spirit Templar will add 1 silver per month maintenance cost and 2 silver to create initially on the deed. This is a guard that will auto-attack all aggressive mobs that will set foot on your deed tiles and many new players find this very helpful to have, at least until you completely fence in all your deed tile surround when then you may decide that you no longer wish to pay for this expense and say a fond farewell to your protector.

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

so, to understand the second option right:

i ll get a gift if i buy prem for first time (referral) which i can sell for about 6s, than if i buy 2x 1month prem ill get 2 month prem and 2s for 20€ and for each month one sleep powder which i can sell for about 1,5s. so, all in all i can get for 20€ 

- 2 month prem

- 11s

and i also get 2s on first buy, so completely up to 13s?

all correct?

thx for ur answers

While you should be able to sell both your referral and sleep powder fairly easily, keep in mind, to sell (and the price of) either is dependent upon a buyer for them.  Since the sleep powder has to be hand delivered, (unless this was changed?) either you or the person buying it will need to travel for the exchange to happen.

So if you do sell the referral, you get:

~6s (referral)

~1.5s (per Sleep Powder)

2 s (first time buyer's gift)

+ any silver you purchase as part of the premium time/bundles or individually.

No matter which way you go with it, best of luck and I hope you enjoy your self!

• Like 1

Yes that's correct Simju. First month premium can get you up to 13s and premium time for up to 2 months. Once you make the deed, 3s will be strictly upkeep and can't be used for expansion, so you'll be able to make your 4.5s expansion easily with about 5.5s in upkeep leaving room for 1 guard or for an extra 2-3 months of upkeep. The upkeep of deeds is actually quite cheap in comparison to paying for the initial expansion. But yeah once you've sold your referal and sleep powders, you can easily afford the deed and have a couple silver left after that even. 

Since you're near my deed (villager of Rayvons for the respawn point) you can buy the settlement form from my trader if you want, it's much closer then Blossom. Just ask and I can unlock it so you can do so, it doesn't get money from it but it does help the ratio of it keeping it good and helps to fund our regions construction over a long period of time.

If you can come to my village in exodus, you could get a settlement form for 8s.

greetz Eject