Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Grand Steppe Hunting Lodge -- UPDATE 5: New Ownership?

Could put a dirt spire a little north on the hill, maybe put a tree on top.

Could put a dirt spire a little north on the hill, maybe put a tree on top.

Ah yeah that would look more natural than a colossus and wouldn't take up as much space or materials.  Perhaps 100 dirts high with an oak or chestnut on top?

• Like 1

It should be something as natural and rustic as the existing wooden lodge, to compliment it. If you build a colossus, it will look as if the lodge is there to compliment the giant, misplaced statue.

I think the grounded ship idea has a lot of character. You might even name it "Safe Shelter" or something so that players who are not aware of the lodge's location at all can read it from afar.

Edited by Roame

I think colossus for that would be too flamboyant. Obelisk would compliment the building better. Would not look as ridiculous as huge ass colossus which still uses same model as 6 or more years ago :P

It should be something as natural and rustic as the existing wooden lodge, to compliment it. If you build a colossus, it will look as if the lodge is there to compliment the giant, misplaced statue.

I think the grounded ship idea has a lot of character. You might even name it "Safe Shelter" or something so that players who are not aware of the lodge's location at all can read it from afar.

While the ship idea is nice, yeah, I feel it also wouldn't fit as well as a dirt spire with a tree.  Also said ship would take many many parts and time to create, as this other landmark wouldn't.  Plus I'd rather not have the first big ship I build be a land ship haha

With that being said if anyone wants to DONATE a Corbita as said landmark, that would be fantastic and we'd go ahead and use that.  Anyone care to do that?

Edited by Slickshot

It's been a week since my last post, and a handful of tallied votes shows people would rather have a more natural type of landmark for the Hunting Lodge.  With that being said I believe I've settled on the dirt spire with a tree on top.  While a tall tree (pine or cedar) would be nice, I feel like a massive tree with a large canopy would be best; something like an oak or a chestnut tree.

I'll update the thread after the landmark has been finished.  Thank you all for chiming in and voting!

Edit:  Two dirt spires behind the lodge are nearly complete and will have marble braziers placed on top.

Edited by Slickshot

UPDATE 3:  The Deed Has Come

The Hunting Lodge has finally been deeded to reduce decay and allow for better permissions/settings.  The name of the deed is Haven and is marked on the community map.  Happy hunting!

rLn8BaI.png

Edited by Slickshot

I've been away from Wurm for a while so I haven't had a chance to keep on updating the lodge.

Has the Steppe been invigorated with more animals to kill ? Last time I was there, there was nothing. Sometimes, you would get a spawn of greenish trolls on the north eastern fringes, and hardened trolls away to the western edges. I would set out from Silent Hill and spend a good few hours up there in days gone by.

Then,as more deeds were laid down, the animal ratio fell through the floor and it became a barren, empty place. I went further afield to hunt, travelling all over the server, often spending days away from my village. 

I also remember building the road with Ripsipirrakka to connect the main north road to the steppe. 

As for the Lodge itself, it does look cool. 

• Like 1

There are a few spawners on the steppe ATM, which generate a nice healthy dose of mobs, but the most interesting of them is very damaged now.

In my experience of the past few months the Eastern Steppe is much more populated than the Grand Steppe.  I let my premium lapse due to putting back money to move irl and taking a small break from the game.  The Lodge still needs a little updating, including braziers in the spires behind the Lodge serving as beacons.

Since they played with the spawn the Eastern Plains is totally empty.  Found but a few wolves and bison in the last week. 

Hopefully this will balance itself out.  Most of the good hunting is on the Eastern Plains which in theory should reduce the traffic on the Grand Steppe and keep people from picking the hunting grounds clean of the very few spawns.  With a cleared out Steppe hopefully it will eventually create more spawners and increase the population over time and become a solid hunting ground again like the Eastern Plains are now.

It won't balance itself out until they undo the 'balancing' the spawn got. Xanadu got a fix , hopefully we will.

Please stop promoting the plains for good hunting, there are so many people clearing what little mobs there are as it is and building crappy shacks in the middle of steppe and calling them hunting lodges. I spend half my time cleaning up peoples mess. 

Too many come here with no respect for steppe, and now it is heading the same way as the Grand Steppe.   :(

Edited by LordLouis

It won't balance itself out until they undo the 'balancing' the spawn got. Xanadu got a fix , hopefully we will.

Please stop promoting the plains for good hunting, there are so many people clearing what little mobs there are as it is and building crappy shacks in the middle of steppe and calling them hunting lodges. I spend half my time cleaning up peoples mess. 

Too many come here with no respect for steppe, and now it is heading the same way as the Grand Steppe.   :(

I promote the plains as a good hunting spot, because in my opinion they have been.  If others abuse the plains then they need to learn to clean up after themselves; but that's not on me.

The last time I visited the Eastern Plains was for a 3 day period where I found a large abundance of critters and gained 20 levels in my fighting skill.

I've used the facility several times, especially when i was constantly "on the move" and did not know how long i was going to be on Wurm for. it was very nice ,and i will definitely visit some more.

• Like 1

I feel like I am trolling, wasn't my intention. In fact I will be visiting the Grand steppe soon in hope of finding something to kill as the plains are dead, will be sure to make use of the lodge ;)

Edited by LordLouis

The Lodge in Haven is definitely a good place to stop while you take long hunting trips.  I remember thinking while I was on the Eastern Plains for a prolonged hunt that I should have built the Lodge there instead of the Steppe because I was in need of shelter and a safe place to log-off. lol

The Lodge in Haven is definitely a good place to stop while you take long hunting trips.  I remember thinking while I was on the Eastern Plains for a prolonged hunt that I should have built the Lodge there instead of the Steppe because I was in need of shelter and a safe place to log-off. lol

In the Eastern Plains there's a public inn, near Devils' Shadow, on the road out. It's been there for at least a couple years, as I found it again after a long time. :)

I don't get easily to Grand Steppe, but when I will I have your place bookmarked, thanks for building it!

• Like 1

I'm glad to see it's been almost a year and people still use the hunting lodge and appreciate it.

• Like 1

I'm there right now :P Looks like one floorboard is broken. I think it'd liven the place up to put laamps there, since it's a deed and everything. Also, thanks for having this in general :P It's great to know I can now speak without having to constantly be aware of the occasional HH :)

Yeah there are some touch ups that need to take place.  Right about the time that my brother was going to make the braziers for the pillars in back, we stopped playing as much.  We take a break from Wurm usually once every year or two.  However, upkeep on the Haven deed will be furnished continually so no worries about the Lodge disappearing in the meantime. :)

The upkeep has been renewed on Haven to keep it standing until further updates are made to it.

I've recently begun my return to Wurm, albeit slowly. Hopefully this means new updates to the Hunting Lodge soon!