Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Grand Steppe Hunting Lodge -- UPDATE 5: New Ownership?

Hey is there a mailbox at the lodge? If not build one and ill cast on it. Just throwing it out there.

I've actually been planning on putting one there, however I didn't have any priests who were available to cast on it.  When I build one I'll hit you up. :)

If you need a courier cast let me know

I have not been over to that neck of the woods in awhile so would not mind checking it out.

I'm thinking of going premium again soon, and when I do I'll make a mailbox and imp it up real good for a cast. :)

There is a mailbox at the Hunting Lodge near the token.  If any priests care to cast courier on it out of the goodness of their heart, I'd be more than grateful! :D

There's a mailbox about two minutes due south at my old deed (Free Barony) if people are desperate in the area. It's along the highway south of the lodge. :)

Edited by FreeTineen

There's a mailbox about two minutes due south at my old deed (Free Barony) if people are desperate in the area. It's along the highway south of the lodge. :)

Already have offers to cast on the mailbox at the Hunting Lodge.  Thanks though man!

There is a mailbox finished and imped up near 60, ready for a courier cast.  Would any traveling priests be interested in stopping by to cast on it?  I'd greatly appreciate the gift, as I'm sure others in the Steppe would as well!

UPDATE 4:  Courier

Courier has been cast on the stone cottage at the Hunting Lodge.  Thank you Foberry for the cast, and Exmortis for your traveling endeavors!  The cast is low right now, only 30, however it should soon be cast upon again.  Rejoice!

Edited by Slickshot

Would anyone be interested in helping me improve the Hunting Lodge a bit?  I have a merchant that could use some stock of weapons and armor if anyone is interested?

The Hunting Lodge still stands in the Grand Steppe.  If there are any visitors who have stopped there, I have one question:  are there any improvements to the lodge you'd like to see?

I might swing over on horseback and check out the place. But going by your previous image of its location, I don't have a clear indication of where it would be (I always have a map open in my second monitor when on horseback).

11 minutes ago, Benie said:

I might swing over on horseback and check out the place. But going by your previous image of its location, I don't have a clear indication of where it would be (I always have a map open in my second monitor when on horseback).

Haven on the community map is the location.  It's not too far from the East-West highway running along the South end of the Steppe.  There are also two large dirt pillars behind the Lodge to help you find it.

• Like 1

The time may be at hand to pass the Hunting Lodge onto someone else.  Would you [the community] be alright with me trading or selling off the Hunting Lodge to someone who wants to keep it a public domain?  Chime in please.

After careful consideration, I decided not to close to Hunting Lodge.  I've dumped some more silvers into the upkeep fund, and I hope to have the time to update the lodge and it's permissions system soon!

• Like 1

How is the hunting that way? I've never explored that server, might stop in. I approve of projects that support the community. It is nice of you to do that.

Happy hunting

59 minutes ago, Verotika said:

How is the hunting that way? I've never explored that server, might stop in. I approve of projects that support the community. It is nice of you to do that.

Happy hunting

The hunting at the Grand Steppe used to be really good, but then the spawn layers were tweaked and ruined, so there aren't many mobs to be found there anymore.  I built the lodge back when the Grand Steppe was in decline, but still had some hunting game.

27 minutes ago, Bonegetter said:

I have used it! Been a while tho:D

Heeey old friend.  Glad you've made use of it!  How's your outpost going that I built for you?

I would have used this the other day, if I had read this first.  Last weekend, I was out there and I really would have preferred to just log off (to deal with something irl) but was delayed a bit by having to return to my deed.  Not a big deal, but next time, I will just use the inn. 

And, now that I know about it, I'm planning an overnight (or two) hunting trip on my next free weekend :)  

To double check on how the horses work, though, mine are branded and my cart is locked.  Anything else I need to do to ensure their safety while I'm logged out overnight?  To date, I've always just returned to my own deed, so haven't had to deal with this issue yet.

TIA

49 minutes ago, Draiodoir said:

I would have used this the other day, if I had read this first.  Last weekend, I was out there and I really would have preferred to just log off (to deal with something irl) but was delayed a bit by having to return to my deed.  Not a big deal, but next time, I will just use the inn. 

And, now that I know about it, I'm planning an overnight (or two) hunting trip on my next free weekend :)  

To double check on how the horses work, though, mine are branded and my cart is locked.  Anything else I need to do to ensure their safety while I'm logged out overnight?  To date, I've always just returned to my own deed, so haven't had to deal with this issue yet.

TIA

Nothing else is necessary.  As long as the horses stay attached to your cart no one can attack them.  There is an enchanted pin out front for horses.  Branding will allow you to lead those animals even as they are on another deed, but if I remember correctly I don't have the settings setup in a way to disallow leading anyhow, so everything should be good to go.  I do need to tweak the settings for the lodge though, so just keep that in mind if you try to do/use something at the lodge and it isn't letting you.

The next time I update the Hunting Lodge would ideally incorporate a new building design.  Any suggestions on wall types, building height, overall size, etc?