Sign in to follow this  
Stackus

Let us chop volunteer trees while on a horse

Volunteer Trees = All the new growth that volunteers to make my beautiful lawn look like crap.

I can butcher and bury animals while galloping on my horse, but I have to disembark to chop the relentless tree and bush saplings that overrun my lawn areas.

It makes sense that I could stop, lean over, and chop them down until they are mature. Please make this change if you can.

Ok, look at it from this way lol, You can fight mounted irl as well as hand the corpse of an animal over the horse's back to butcher it. You could also potentially bury it if the shovel is long enough and dirt soft enough without dismounting. But cutting a tree required brute strength to actually do anything, which isn't possible while mounted even in real life, so I disagree that it shout be that way in game. However, things like picking sprouts or pruning should be allowed on mount since that easily done from a horse's back.

Sure, you can chop trees from a horse if I can repair my stone fences while in a cart.  Can already improve them while in a cart.

Not trees ---  saplings and very young trees. I'm thinking of the wurm equivalent of less than 2 or 3 inch diameter trunks. These are actually easy to cut (Diagonally at least) and theoretically could be cut with a sword or axe from horseback. I have used a brush hook many times in real life. It's great for whacking nuisance trees. It is kind of like a sword or axe.

@ Ryamu- the only thing you said that made sense to me is the part about collecting sprouts or pruning trees from horseback. My point was that even though it's illogical, we can butcher and bury animals while galloping- so we should be allowed to chop tiny trees while stopped. Galloping means the horse moves from point A to point B. You'd need a l-o-o-n-n-n-n-n-g shovel.

I know there are a lot of other injustices in Wurm that seem arbitrary- I have lots of stone fences, too.

But I'm just talking about this one particular pain in my a_s today. Unlike sprouts or stone fences, I have to clear these things constantly. It's a daily or twice daily job because I have chosen to keep some lawn areas. I'm punished for that already because I have grass packed constantly by cows and deer, so I just wanted to stop getting off my horse every ten feet. Who does this change hurt or how does it adversely affect the game?

the suggestion forum is being flooded with things that takes such a low priority.

Swinging an axe or pushing a saw on a horse back, is not something I'd like to see, and not something that you will see a lot in real life. If disembark is too hard, we need another solution perhaps.

There are many things which are chores, as with real life, I have scaled down my actual lawn, with paving, because it was tedious to keep. Next time I will ask the government to add growth inhibitors to the tap water. :)

Edit: come to think of it, we need "shears" or pruning tools that "cut" very young and supple stuff, then yes +1. If something is young and soft enough to be choppable by a sickle or a pruning tool, then +1

Edited by Marlon

you can walk 12.5km/h on grass.

It's not that hard.

I have to chop young trees on 90slope hill..

No horse would help me lol.

more like a boomerang maybe haha

Edited by silakka
  • Like 1

I'm usually carrying a lot of things that slow me down when I'm off my horse. Even when I'm not, it doesn't take long until I'm overloaded with logs and wood scraps from the unwanted trees and bushes I've cut, so I walk slower than max speed.

I just want to ride up within range. Stop. And then whack them down with my sword. :)