Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

casting spells on gems for sell

Any way you'll can work in the ability for spell casters to cast Coc, Woa, Asop, Fb ...etc on gems then them gems can be sold to players on merchants. Then the player can take them gems and combine them with items to put the spell and level of the spell on any of the items they personally own that they need it on. This would make gems more usefull as well in game.

Unless the application of the gem had a chance to shatter the item being enchanted, that would remove the risk factor.

I don't like that idea, currently certain enchants on certain items are worth more then they would be on another. this would just give one general price, and with lets say 20 (way lower then the actual amount) casting 90+'s quiet often, anything under a 90 enchant would cost less then 50c. over time, even the 90's would be 20-30c at most.

I like the idea very much. But perhaps instead of all the normal enchants currently, maybe they could make new powers and only available per gem type. Example a ruby will increase these types of skills by this much per this amount of QL imbedded into these items. Kinda like a temporary boost so lets say you imbed a gem into a hammer and you used a 80 QL Gem that would increase your skills in blacksmith while using the hammer up by so much % but if you use a 20 QL gem it won't do much. This could be done with swords, shields and any thing you can think of. No enchant on the gem stone needed however risk to imbed the gem into an item goes up and thus the risk shattering the gem would be greater per the QL and Item being combined. When we stop and think about it gems don't really have that much use. The priests that's about it and you can use it with jewelry and staffs but in jewelry there nothing gained. This way perhaps finally the jewelry would have more worth then just being sold to a trader.  

I don't want to see this ever really.

I see what you are saying and want to do, but I think people need to make priest to be casting not buying a pre made gem that they can cast with.  This side steps the requirements of being a priest and allows all players to cast without being a priest.

Also you say they can transfer the exact power as well??  Nah I don't think so.

If anything this type of thing should be just like casting and the players using the gem would have a shatter rate and casting ability based on their own skills when they use the gem or rune or what ever you want to use....

Gems are used a lot in the game and I would rather see socketed items and powers added to items based on gem/rune/etc quality and each gem/rune/etc have its own properties than anything that allowed non priests to cast spells.

Edited by Protunia

I don't want to see this ever really.

I see what you are saying and want to do, but I think people need to make priest to be casting not buying a pre made gem that they can cast with.  This side steps the requirements of being a priest and allows all players to cast without being a priest.

Also you say they can transfer the exact power as well??  Nah I don't think so.

If anything this type of thing should be just like casting and the players using the gem would have a shatter rate and casting ability based on their own skills when they use the gem or rune or what ever you want to use....

Gems are used a lot in the game and I would rather see socketed items and powers added to items based on gem/rune/etc quality and each gem/rune/etc have its own properties than anything that allowed non priests to cast spells.

You got me wrong I don't think anyone other than a priest should be able to even cast a spell. regular players non priest shouldn't even be considered. Only a priest thing the priest would benfit cause if you own one you can make a bit more money selling the gems on a personal trader or threw the web site. The buyer would benfit saving them time having to hunt you down if they find a gem they want with the cast they want and ability to combine it to there item there selves. This saves you the hassle to travel to where ever they are some times this can save you hours of travel and it saves the buyer travel time and hours to go enjoy the game rather than a 3 hr trip to get a cast then there game time is done for the day. Not every one can set in a game and plan out a 2 to 3 hr run  and be able to not have something come up causing them to have to stop. Seeing theres no pause the world keeps going.

Where you see fault I see gain.

Well id like to see this done with Gems for Gems currently don't have a worth and what i was saying wouldn't mess things up for priests who want to enchant weapons and items for nothing would change with the priest. I only propose adding a worth to each gem type. It breeds new excitement into the game. The idea that you can now use gems to enchant jewelry to actually give you a useful boost in skill types while in use i think is great. 

Another idea is do as i was saying but make it where only a priest can imbed the gems.

Well id like to see this done with Gems for Gems currently don't have a worth and what i was saying wouldn't mess things up for priests who want to enchant weapons and items for nothing would change with the priest. I only propose adding a worth to each gem type. It breeds new excitement into the game. The idea that you can now use gems to enchant jewelry to actually give you a useful boost in skill types while in use i think is great. 

Not quite sure what you are referring to, Gems do have a worth and do have a market. 2c/ql and below 10ql it is 3c/ql.

Not quite sure what you are referring to, Gems do have a worth and do have a market. 2c/ql and below 10ql it is 3c/ql.

People don't buy them as much as they use to and as you stated the lower ql gems are worth more then higher ql gems and if your getting 2 c per ql on higher and 3 c on lower then your doing well because ive been repeatedly told that it isn't doing as well as it once was. it's more like 1.5 for higher and 2 for lower

In all honesty nothing is doing as well as it used to, however there has been nothing of late to change the price of Gems, so not sure why it's assumed they are worth less.

As to the OP, I say leave the enchanting to the Priests.

Edited by Shrimpiie

It could work, just need to add limitations or some kind of disadvantage.

Such as the gems losing ql over time, and the effective enchant potency could be like (gem ql + enchant potency) / 2.

Also Id have this for the less common star gems.

And of course theres doing some kind of socketed gem system along the lines of Path of Exile (and other games).

I like the idea, but with some limitations to prevent exploits and to make it more a luxury gift then a comodity item:

- enchant power is limited by gem quality+10 (for example a 60 ql gem can store maximum 70 power enchants

- there is a small risk (fixed, dunno 10-20%) that the enchant would shatter the item, which makes it somehow risky to be used on very precious items

That would make the enchant quite expensive (for a 80 coc you will need a 70ql gem, which by itself values 1.4s), and less reliable compared with chance to have a direct cast by a high skilled priest so it will still be a better deal to make it the old way.

Still, it will create a market for low-mid range casts, for peole not knowing a priest or not using forums, etc.

All numerical value are just examples; may need tweaking.

In all honesty nothing is doing as well as it used to, however there has been nothing of late to change the price of Gems, so not sure why it's assumed they are worth less.

As to the OP, I say leave the enchanting to the Priests.

I spoke clear English guys where are you'll getting I saying in that post that I said any where to let any one cast the spells?

I clearly stated casters aka priest could cast there spells  of enchant on gems . Then the casters aka priest could sell there gems to people who where not priest and they player would be able to attach the item to the item they want.

Priest could enchant gems  mail them sell them on  personal traders or give them away for all I care. I never said that a non priest be able to enchant.

This is now the second person to say this did you'll even read my post? I spoke English the language I was born with.

Only if it is done on star gems and have a high chance of shattering like 50%

You misinterpreted what I stated. I never mentioned anything about magic abilities for non-priests. I said leave enchanting to priests, enchanting is the placement of a spell onto an item, which is what your idea would allow non-priests to do. So I responded by stating leave the enchanting, the placement of magic upon an item, to priests and priests only, do not allow non-priests to apply these types of enchantments to items.

So you are incorrect in your misread interpretation of what I said. So do not lecture me on how to read when I have not stepped outside the premiss of the current topic. Like you English is my first language, I know what I am saying.

Whats wrong with all gems and whats wrong with making a unique trait to each gem as to what it would do if you imbedded it into an item. Many games have this feature but are not setup as nice as wurm for ingame market system. This only adds to the crafting system that already exists giving more to do. coc, woa, ect ec, change none of that keep it all as it is and just give gems a unique trait per gem type and allow them to be imbedded into just about any item. Ruby does this, Sapphire will do this, diamond will do this ect ect.

I would rather not make Wurm like every other game on the market. Wurm is unique and shouldn't have attempts made to make it like every other generic game out there.

Putting wagons in made it like Xsyon and a few other games  putting priest in made it like others trees grass water weather you name it. What ever gets put in has been done  in one of the many games out there. It's how it's put in and how you can use it that set's it off from the other games.

I know, but I am not a fan of the, "well this game has it so we should add it here" as an excuse to implement something new. Something better then adding something to make it more like another game could surely be achieved could it not?

Who said make it like every other game on the market? I think you don't like change sir period! Change is good. Adding new features to a game is good. Only bad when it proves to have a negative effect. There is no negative effect in what is being talked about with the gems. Only negative effect is game change which currently is. The concept now is, Hey you got gems then great sell them to a priest who is in desperate need of them for his spell power or go make yourself a staff and get lucky to find a star gem and put it in it. Wow, what a concept! This doesn't do anything for the gem's nor the miners who work on there skill of mining and find these gems nor the players who craft and want to look for cool ways to enhance the items they create. Sir you have not outlined what is negative to the concept proposed. What you have done is said you oppose change. No one has said to make this game like any other game out in the market. In fact if you carefully read my comment i said Wurm is unique. I said like other games they have a gem imbedded feature i didn't say lets make Wurm copy cat other games i said lets enhance gems and ive said that collectively through all my posts on this thread.

I don't like that idea, currently certain enchants on certain items are worth more then they would be on another. this would just give one general price, and with lets say 20 (way lower then the actual amount) casting 90+'s quiet often, anything under a 90 enchant would cost less then 50c. over time, even the 90's would be 20-30c at most.

I can see this working if it's implemented as a "Enchant-by-proxy" system, but it needs balancing to include the main hurdles of direct enchantments.

The application of the enchants to the items needs to be permanent, have the same shatter chance as it would've if the priest had access to the item directly, and this means the gem must somehow remember the stats of the priest who created it to determine how the final enchantment goes. The power of the enchant should be limited by gem QL, and the gem must be consumed in the process.

While it'd be cool to have the magic imbued to the gems themselves, it would destroy the market value of enchants.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

I can see this working if it's implemented as a "Enchant-by-proxy" system, but it needs balancing to include the main hurdles of direct enchantments.

The application of the enchants to the items needs to be permanent, have the same shatter chance as it would've if the priest had access to the item directly, and the gem needs to be destroyed/absorbed in the process. The gem must somehow remember the stats of the priest who created it to determine how the final enchantment is done. The power of the enchant should be limited by gem QL.

While it'd be cool to have the magic imbued to the gems themselves, it would destroy the market value of enchants.

what about making new enchants for priest to be used just on them gems?

So lets say then that just priests can cast a whole new set of enchants created on just the gems which then could be imbedded by anyone. Not using the same old coc, woa and other enchants but a whole new set of enchants created that could just be used on gems only and then based on gem types.