Sign in to follow this  
WolfeNailo

New Masonry Statues

So what I'd propose is a chain of new statues that players gifted in Masonry could erect. Perhaps statues depicting historical events or figures from the lore of Wurm itself. Such as the Collapse of Wilem Benth after he slain his fellow Ageless, complete with his Prophetic Illiad upon inspection. Statues of the Deities, White and Black Light both. And a Dragon Statue, thought not the same as the HotA statue, as I believe there was one that was draconic.

Perhaps open up a competition with statues that players can submit either drawings or 3D Models/Renders of for the team to vote over, with some kind of prize sent to the winner's account?

• Like 2

New line of statues would be great. I would only add that some of them should be able to be constructed 2 or 3 stories tall with appropriate base width.

Edited by sunsvortex

+1

The majority we have available honor mobs, we should have the option of making human-like statues.  Usually ppl build statues to honor themselves not their enemies... i.e. Trolls 

When custom faces came out, the idea of marble busts arose as well, and - along with visible armor - even full statues of how players appear at the time of carving.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 3

Like Lord Klaa has just said....Marble Busts +1 also a smaller ver of the pillar would look cool to sit these Busts on....

Visable armour types showing up on armour stands insted of them just showing Studded Leather for all of them would be GREAT !!!

As for the idea for new statues +100 .... Tower gaurd stats and others would be realy cool... hell the DEV's could even go as far as using all the animals and mobs models in- game and we could have statues of them all !!! :)

Great idea Lord Wolfenailo

Edited by Garit

+1 Bring the old Demon statue back PLS.... having this big ugly Demon infront of my altars instead of the sexy succubis type demon really doesn't befit Libila as the sexy succubis statue DID!!!!

Should do statues depicting the Devs/GMs as well, imo, maybe make them renditions of the 'Ageless' that existed in Wurm's past. >.>

Yep. Great idea. I always wanted more of those.

Like the OP said, statues can come in various sizes, like they have already. Deities statues would be really cool to have, finishing our altars, temples and monasteries. Perhaps a colossus version of each diety as well?

+1 love it. Busts are a great idea too. I think multistory pillars would be nice for house interiors. Imagine an archway on a second story supported by pillars.

+1  Stone Cutting needs a wider variety of applications, even if it's simply more statues. (vary the difficulty)

The need of a better established lore is ideal, but part feels as if it should lie within us to make it. As in, the Developers should give the overarching theme and some key points everyone would know, then perhaps through community input or events we build the rest and the devs canonize it.

The need of a better established lore is ideal, but part feels as if it should lie within us to make it. As in, the Developers should give the overarching theme and some key points everyone would know, then perhaps through community input or events we build the rest and the devs canonize it.

Welp.

Acutally I play Wurmhammer 40,000, as the current lore of Wurm is totally sh*at, and I prefer thinking that I'm in a feral world, isolated by a warpstorm.

But I don't see devs making some comprehensive interesting lore beside:

Year XYZ of ZXY: stuff happens at place.

Year XYZ of ZXY: stuff happens X pops up and do stuff.

Year XYZ of ZXY: stuff happens Z pops up and do stuff.

Year XYZ of ZXY: stuff happens Y pops up and do stuff.

Year XYZ of ZXY: X do stuff with Z and Y.

And ofcourse something that won't be lackluster.

So now that you say that, I would probably suggest first a new lore, or improving the current lore and then new statues.

But first Wurm should get a decent lore.

I tried adding to it, but got distracted with other things. I'm not going to go back to it at the moment. If someone would like to continue what I was doing from where I left off, or start your own idea of the lore go ahead and do so.

Lore would be awesome. Oh and it should be player driven lore just like everything else in wurm. Look at player made kingdoms and every building and settlement they are player made and driven. Even the politics involved in settlement disputes and in and between kingdoms all player driven so why not a some player driven lore.