Sign in to follow this  
Frostalphus

City of Oaksted [In the making] [desertion] [recruitment]

Together we rise, Together we shall fall

9fe3e69082770854e0ddc4c5ddba7deb_zps5697

City of Oaksted

Lore

The fires where fresh, the shouts and screams as villagers where slaughtered within there homes. Frostalphus stood infront of him home, as it burned and crumbled to the ground. His deed was in flames. He looked around, The unknown enemy had broken in through the town walls. It was unexpected. Frostalphus remembered all the people who had helped build this place. And felt a pang of regret as everything crumbled. Right before his eyes. He turned in time to see a nogump come crashing through the gates and charge towards him. He closed his eyes and felt a painful slam as the nogumps grafted morning stars slammed into him. He slipped into unconsciousness.

He awoke to the sounds of birds chirping and the sound of the lake. The Morning air smelt fresh and warm, he slowly opened his eyes and looked around, nothing was left, only ruins. Only piles of rubble where houses used to be. A nogump lay slayed in the plaza. The kingdom banner tattered and ruined lay upon the nogump. Frostalphus slowly got up and walked towards the banner, he picked it up and rolled up the cloth, he put it in his backpack along with the rest of the tools he still had.

He began walking forwards, Past the rubble of the old mine door. But all of a sudden a man came out, it was his second in command, klickguy, he joined frostalphus on his journeys. Day and night they traveled. Following wherever the roads would take them. Until one day they stumbled across the steppe, and they looked through the barren wasteland, just as they began to walk a familiar and warm voice shouted. The two travelers turned in surprise as an old friend rode up on his cart. Thatdamnkid told the two to hop on and come with him to his deed. The two travelers quickly got on and they began riding through the steppe. Thatdamnkid had heard about what happened to the town and told them if they ever need help, he would be there to assist. The two travelers thanked him. And as they entered the desert Frostalphus told thatdamnkid to stop the cart. He had spotted a spot of land. The two travelers walked forwards and told Thatdamnkid they had found there location. To start afresh. Start there lives over.

They began working, Klickguy cut the trees down and Frostalphus turned them into planks. They worked together and soon they had built a shack. Within this shack frostalphus planned the city on paper, buildings, rules and whatever he could think of. His imagination ran wild. City walls thick and defended well, Catapults on every tower. Frostalphus had it all planned out.

Days passed as the two worked hard. People came and helped. And soon the entire land was being raised. New friends where made and skills where learnt, Frostalphus vowed that whatever happened. He would not let this city fall.

Recruiting

Oaksted, a city of safety, comfort and warmth, no fear of the outside world. But that is still a thought, we require assistance in the creation of this idea. We are recruiting, we need dedicated players, new or old, no matter from which background, to assist. There will be a rank system.

Ranks:

The Oaksted High council

Lord: Frostalphus [Me]

Military Strategist: Klickguy

High Priest:

Military General: Watkins

Head of agriculture:

Head of trade: Drewkatski

Public relations:

Military:

Sgt -

Bowman -

Swordsman -

Mauler -

Scout -

Pike men -

Axe-men -

Civilian Classes:

Farmer:

Smith:

Craftsman:

Militia:

Trader:

Shop owner:

Healer:

Priest:

Hunter:

Elite class:

From within the military ranks of oaksted, a group of elite soldiers are formed, the knights, the knights are oaksted's task force, These specifically picked group of soldiers are trained and toughened to there best. They assist anyone looking for help. If it's its carrying out missions behind enemy lines or defending the city or its allies.

Grand Knight:

The brains of the knights operation, they send out the knights on there tasks. These are the highest of the order, only 5 at a time, they each have there own company of men. Grand knights must progress through the ranks of the military and exceed all tasks given. However, the are specifically picked by the Military general and the high council. Require 75+ FS and can be a priest.

Knight:

Knights are elite soldiers and shadows of the city, they move swiftly executing there moves, Knights require 75+ FS and can be a priest.

Squire:

Squires are knights in training, these young knights are trialed and judged over a period of time, until deemed worthy of knighthood.

Elite buildings:

With the knights comes the chapel, this is only allowed to be entered by the knights and members of the high council. This is were they do there meditation and prayers.

==================================

At the moment that is the ranking system.

==================================

We plan to create a wide variety of buildings and areas. We want to name different areas of the city and streets.

We plan to create:

• Blacksmith
  • Forge
  • Public Workshop
  • Barracks
  • Armour
  • Castle
  • Public Stables
  • Cart stables
  • Warehouses
  • Farms [barns etc.]
  • Public inn
  • General housing, for the civilians.
  • Church

And so on.

Laws

Oaksted does have laws, these are customary for citizens.

• No stealing,
  • No littering
  • inactivity for two weeks with no good reason before hand or afterwards will be kicked out of the city.
  • Militia will be called upon to fight if times become dire.
  • Soldiers need to have 70+ Fs
  • Militia need to have 50+ Fs
  • Houses and or rooms are available via real estate.
  • We require active players
  • We do not want people who have a record of stealing, looting, and killing for fun.
  • This is a community
  • Jobs can be selected. You can do whatever you want, as long as your know how to do it. or want to learn it.
  • We want to help each other out.

We have alot planned and we need a lot of help, if anyone is interested drop me a PM on wurm, Frostalphus, and ill give you the location.

We welcome all!

[16:17:43] It is 10:30:50 on Luck day in week 2 of the Bear's starfall in the year of 1037.

[16:17:43] The settlement of City Of Oaksted has just been founded by Frostalphus.

We now have teamspeak

Something useful for planning out deeds. deed-planner. Download it from here.

Together we rise, Together we shall fall

Edited by Frostalphus
  • Like 2

:P Been on Desertion for a while now, so we have a location figured out, i want to make something for people beggining to play wurm, a safehaven pretty much, Yeah sims is ok, i just like building the stuff though, i like design and how everything looks

Edited by Frostalphus

We welcome all, don't hesitate to send me a pm in game, Frostalphus.

Apart from that we are making progress, we have started Terra-forming and we have just made a mine, still yet to find iron but that will come :P

I have started part of the wall and i am still working on it as much as i can. Anyone who wants to join who is on desertion, we need all the people we can get, new or old, miners, farmers, fighters etc.

Ill keep updating as much as i can.

All we require is dedicated players.

Screenshot9_zps237969aa.png

This is the fort design i came up with, give me any feedback and what i should take into account! :P

~Frost

Edited by Frostalphus

Just as a heads up, don't be too frustrated when people don't join very often or don't stick around.  Structured villages like these can be fun, but in Wurm it's extremely hard to hold them together and recruit for them the way that you'd like.  So when things are slow and not quite going according to plan, don't let it get to ya.  Keep up the good spirits.

Looks good! I might swing by and help out some later.

Do you have  team speak server for your deed?

Just as a heads up, don't be too frustrated when people don't join very often or don't stick around.  Structured villages like these can be fun, but in Wurm it's extremely hard to hold them together and recruit for them the way that you'd like.  So when things are slow and not quite going according to plan, don't let it get to ya.  Keep up the good spirits.

I know, so far its going quite slow but i don't mind :P That's recruitment.

I want to join so badly you kingdom's structure seems stable I like the classes but one problem..

Im in Exodus so thats one problem I have to face if I want to join you. I don't mind making a new account and ll but then comes along the boring tutorial comes along and after that I need to reinforce all my items by that I mean I have to gather a lot of stuff. Soooo... help me out here

Edited by John_Marshalls

I want to join so badly you kingdom's structure seems stable I like the classes but one problem..

Im in Exodus so thats one problem I have to face if I want to join you. I don't mind making a new account and ll but then comes along the boring tutorial comes along and after that I need to reinforce all my items by that I mean I have to gather a lot of stuff. Soooo... help me out here

Well, if you make a new account we have the resources to help you start afresh, decent iron to get you some tools and so on, and there's lots to be done, planks, bricks and mortar, farming etc, so i suppose it would be quite quick to start afresh, depending on how determined you are on getting them skills up :P Its ultimately up to you,

Jump through the epic portal, no need for creating a whole new char.

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

РуÑÑкий

alt

alt

Preferences

I just started playing, It would be awesome to help! Any of the leaders have skype? I have a few questions I need answered.

Preferences

§

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

/

shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

РуÑÑкий

alt

alt

PreferencesWurm Online

I just started playing, It would be awesome to help! Any of the leaders have skype? I have a few questions I need answered.

Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

РуÑÑкий

alt

alt

PreferencesWurm Online

We have teamspeak,

I do just want to say that 10 and 30fs are completely useless for anything beyond gank bonus.

should be 50 and 70fs

Aye propheteer, I'm gonna edit that, make em higher, since your right

Edited by Frostalphus

its ok

my characters name is embarrassing enough

Sorry was on my phone earlier :S

Post edited 1/1/14

• Militia FS requirement raised to 50+
  • Soldier FS requirement raised to 70+

Post updated 1/2/14

• Watkins Becomes military general, May he lead Oaksted's army to victory!
Edited by Frostalphus
  • Like 1