Sign in to follow this  
DOE

computer build

I run Wurm Online with 2 fps. I have played wurm on and off for 5 years. I am done always in caves or looking at the ground to keep my fps above 5. 

I am looking to build a computer. I just don't know how to pick the parts.

I am on a small budget of 320 dollars. I could spend an extra 30 bucks, but I am sure shipping will round that up. 

If a few of you guys have some spare time. Could you surf the web and link me to all the parts I will need to build a computer. I am only going to play Wurm with this computer nothing more nothing less. 

Please and thank you. :D

Edited by DOE

I know it is possible. I just don't know what parts I need to buy and what type of parts. I am just looking to play wurm online with nothing but wurm opened

What good parts do you have from your old pc? Like are you going to need a new hard drive or can you use your old one? Will you need a new cd/dvd drive or is the old one good? Do you need a case? Do you need a new windows/OS system or do you have one you can use? All this matters when you build a new one because all these things cost money. 

Another thing is what do you have now you might be able to just upgrade a few parts on what you have now. The best thing for you to do is research look for videos on YouTube on how to build a pc and you can learn yourself what is what. That is how i started back when i first built one of my own. 

My computer has no good parts. It was my first computer ever. I just bought it for 100 bucks long ago. Just a junk dell computer.

The best i can come up with http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2jPq1

you could save money by getting 4 gigs of ram instead of 8, a smaller hdd, but you couldnt save that much

if you need a optical drive thatd be like 20 more dollars

If you need an operating system thatd be like 80 more dollars

OOORRR

You can get an APU http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2jPod 349 USD before mail in rebate, and you have the option to add in a dedicated GPU at a later date, the APU wont preform very well at all with low speed RAM, but itll play wurm at low setting with 30 or so fps id say

Remeber you can add in a decent GPU when you get about 100-120$ and disable the intergrated GPU on the APU

ALSO

AMD is releasing a new APU line(kaveri) soonish, early next year, so you will have a upgrade path for the future(For either of these systems, the New APU line will fit on that motherboard)

Edit cause that mobo was fm2 not fm2+ lol

Edited by Gone420

Thanks man

Not a problem, if you have any questions go ahead and pm me and ill see if i can answer them.

i am very curious if the kaveri line will change the market, it sure looks promising.

• Like 1

Hrm hard to say with the newest released processors. Gaming-wise, one can get away with an older i5-K series.  Overclock one of those and you'll be good for a few years (make sure you are using the K type, designed for overclocking).

Biggest issue nowadays is if the games are written to really take advantage of new hardware, and they usually are not to help broaden the appeal.

EDIT: Good luck on that budget, really cutting the fat off there. :wacko:

Edited by Klaa

i am very curious if the kaveri line will change the market, it sure looks promising.

DDR4 ram is also SHOULD be coming out early 2014 aswell(according to crucial), with quite a increase in bandwidth, so if AMD makes a big leap on the iGPU performance, those two combined will make for...interesting developments

If it all works out will we see dedicated graphics cards not so necessary?  interesting stuff =)

of course new mobos to support ddr4 will be needed, and i wonder if the kaveris will support ddr4

And Mantle! 

Keep it down, I realy see no use for ddr4 ram in a320$ pc and the parts he took are just fine , but I would not go with 8gigs