Sign in to follow this  
Hexproof

Lib priests

Personally I don't think it is necessary; Libila priests are extremely powerful in combat - Web Armor is better than AoSP, RT is better than FA/NB, Drain Health is not all that different to Cure Light when you consider how fast it casts and lastly Land of The Dead is really powerful too.

I think Libila lacks severely in the crafting area however; what I think would be fair is:

- Res stone effect similar to Magranon. possibly with lower chance to success (10%? 20%?)

- CoC equivalent (whilst they have BoTD in many cases you just want CoC)

- Locate soul equivalent

- Allowing Rebirth to be cast on living creatures, and when rebirth runs out creature turns normal - however also introduce the same loyalty-loss from being hit that taming and dominate has

Maybe some more.. but certainly no more buffs to combat IMO.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGt7rSfFALU

EDIT:he drained me like crazy did truehit drain my stam and used pots and i still won just using my LT sword. Those spells arn't as op as you think they are.

Also the acc had all pvp 70s standard and probably was better geared than me.

EDIT:aka the spells are crap damage if your character is decent which i hope most people should have that are complaning about their spells hitting SOOOOO hard..

He casted successfully on you 7 times, almost all of them at the end of the fight. That's only 105 favor - if he was a max faith priest he wouldn't even need to use gems, even if he used gems I'd still call 7 casts in several minutes (when it's a 2-3 second cast timer) hardly spamming.

So a 5 damage drain is insane? My bad i didn't know that was op. 

EDIT:imo he should won that fight with no issue if drain health was even decent. It kept him alive to the end sure but wasn't enough take me down and make a change in the fight. Aslong the player had a LT weapon the drain is pointless and just exposes you to a hit.

EDIT:this is under assumption priests are suppose be better than non priests.

Yes a 5 damage drain is quite high - the spell only takes 2-3 seconds to cast, casting it over and over again for a little over one minute to account for lag/reaction time would be enough to kill someone at 5dmg per cast - also remember it heals you too.

Edited by Gavin

The amount of stupid in this post is overwhelming.

Ermagod that lib priest held his own against a 5cr disadvantage...but he lost...barely, yes they quite obviously need to be buffed.

pls murica

stop

People talking about mag spells doing dmg?  I've got 74 channeling and 55 soul depth, my fireheart does 2.5 dmg to someone with 20s soul strength, wicked power.  Though slightly better than the 1.5 dmg shard of ice they did to me, these spells are clearly very powerful.

-1 to the OP.  BL has hate path easily available for them, hate bonus is much better than Mag bonus, sure it only lasts a short time and has a 18? hour cooldown, how many times a day do you need it?  Considering the only spell that Mag has that can do worth a crap of damage is Smite, which is a 30 second cast timer making it effectively useless, I'd say the passives are fine.  Honestly the only good non aoe spell Mag really has in general is goat shape.  Fireheart does the same damage as drain health, an offensive spell compared to a healing spell.  Either buff Mag/Vyn spells to match BL spell damage, nerf BL spell damage, or leave it all the way it is.

Interesting just managed hit shank with a 4 damage ice shard and the char can tell you isn't 50+ chan and barely 21 sd ;3.

Interesting just managed hit shank with a 4 damage ice shard and the char can tell you isn't 50+ chan and barely 21 sd ;3.

Vyn is actually the strongest pvp choice for WL, probably does do more, yeah.  

Well, I guess I probably have a different viewpoint to most, but I'm going to go for it anyway.

Firstly part of this argument seems to be about the balancing of the BLer and WLer gods, now what I'm going to say is, I don't think they were ever meant to be balanced exactly. Not in terms of pure religion mechanics anyway. Look at the state of the PvP at the moment, if overall the priests on one side were 'OP' then their nation would be dominating singlehandedly under that gods rule. Even if the Lib priests are more powerful (Which I am not convinced about) then the fractured nature of the BLers evens out the scales. What I am trying to say is simple; Priests may not be balanced when compared to another Gods, but other factors seem to balance them, and its best not to forget that.

Secondly, I don't think that Focus Level should help defend against magic, as it adds another interesting side to combat if a warrior has to be aware of priests even if he has the reactions of a God. That said the appearance of a priest should not change the tide of a battle significantly, that should be left to Champions and Kings. I do not like the idea that alot of PvPers will go towards priests because thats the way to do most damage, they should be on similar terms to normal fighters, unless they go Champion. That said, the current way priests are implemented, as in they mostly block off crafting, fighting and PvP are some of the most fun, and unrestricted, activities of a priest, so I suppose that makes it unsurprising they get into alot of fights.

Well thats just my few thoughts, I dont mind if you disagree, but having other perspectives can be useful :)

-1 to the OP.  BL has Something completely unrelated to the topic that mag priests can still do anyway, so clearly I make good opinions.

Fixed that for you

Been fo mag and lib. Lib is by far the strongest priest no contest. Sorry boys but a big -1 for buffing them. Perhaps a rework of all priests is in order. But an outright buff to any one spell on any one priest just isnt fair.

... only because I am bl. its along time buff lib priests have been waiting for

-1 if you propose a buff, please propose a nerf, for balancing purposes.

Did you do it with armor off?  That's the sort of dmg it does naked, armor reduces it for some reason.

Been fo mag and lib. Lib is by far the strongest priest no contest. Sorry boys but a big -1 for buffing them. Perhaps a rework of all priests is in order. But an outright buff to any one spell on any one priest just isnt fair.

same

fo priest is hands down the best priest, can heal people in boat combat while moving, insane spell that has equal or better damage reduction than glimmersteel plate which is easy to cast and maintain with 30+ channeling, and if you stack spells  ontop of it it is impossible to dispel unless you want to spend 1 minute to spam dispel.

Lib is only decent in boat combat, literally any of the wl gods is much better in both enchanting and offensive/defensive spells on land.

I do not think that lib require a buff in combat since they're good boat priests, but they certainly need much more enchantments like nimbleness/locate soul

Edited by merce
  • Like 1

Did you do it with armor off?  That's the sort of dmg it does naked, armor reduces it for some reason.

na 

There are some things I am concerned about with priests in combat.

Mag:Useless offensive spells(smite,fire hearth), no real combat buff spells, not being able to get BStam easy

Vyn: no archery, no being able to gain BC easy

Fo: no archery, not being able to get BC and BStam easy

Lib: being able to gain control,stamina and BStr via Archery, WC and Mining

There are some things I am concerned about with priests in combat.

Mag:Useless offensive spells(smite,fire hearth), no real combat buff spells, not being able to get BStam easy

Fire pillar, dominate, 25% damage bonus free res stone?

Vyn: no archery, no being able to gain BC easy

Fo: no archery, not being able to get BC and BStam easy

Lib: being able to gain control,stamina and BStr via Archery, WC and Mining

Not sure why you went with saying mag has useless offensive spells, then nothing about the other gods. Fo has no offensive spells, other than maybe charm, vynora has just a few more than mag, and lib has a lot of offensive spells that are mostly useless other than a few situations.

And lib is the only priest for bl, which is why lib can do a bit more than other priests. And they cant tame which is a massive pain.

Edited by Kagrenac

It would be fun to trade everything, have every wl priest become bl priest, and all of their enchants went instantly to botd and rt, and every bl priest could choose any of the 3 wl priests + get nimb coc lt ms on their weapons.

No but really, anyone who thinks lib priest is remotely the best priest is an idiot.

Let's face it 1 vyn priest can change a battle completly through locate soul and fo can change a battle completly through healing people while moving on boat for example, 1 lib priest alone can't do much at all.

Edited by merce