Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Potion Change

This is a bit of a buff for spellcasting and extends the enchant options available in a way that (I hope!) won't ruin balance.

The potions given from sacrifices will have no base effect.  They, instead, can act as "containers" for spells.  The quality of the potion indicates the maximum strength of the spell contained.  To enchant (or infuse) a potion costs 20 more favour and have a difficulty rating 20 higher  than the spell normally would.  When drunk the spell is cast (guaranteed cast) on the drinker.

An example would be the heal spell.  Normally a cast is 40 favour at 30 difficulty, to enchant a potion it would cost 60 favour  and 50 difficulty.

Edit : Corrected ambiguous statement

Edited by Etherdrifter

I like the idea of bottling buff spells somehow, but would rather see alchemy added for that

Edited by Xor

Potions are very usseful right now in pvp.

Bottling or making scrolls with spells/enchantements is a nice idea however. But dont use the current potions for them.

Bottling up magic spells in potions is an idea I've always been fond of. No need to use the current potions for this however, gems (or an item crafted with gems?) would do fine. Or something completely different.

Separating alchemy from magic makes sense, but I see no issue with having two systems with analogous abilities. We could have both a bottled-up "Cure Severe" and an alchemical healing potion with similar effect but different workings, where the bottled up spell functions similarly to the original spell whereas the alchemical potion would buff natural healing over a period time. For example.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

+1337-666=+671 positive, I like it.

Edited by AlexLong

Any sort of herbal healing potions from alchemy would have to have a very large cooldown timer to the degree of 10-30 minutes and a max healing capability of no more than 20 damage to be any where near balanced in a PvP aspect. 

For imbuing spells, the papayrus would be a perfect object to use.  Not only could you have the QL of the papyrus determin max spell power, but also the difficulty to imbue.   Imbuing would have to be a high favor ability and for things that normaly restore everything there would have to be limits.  Like refesh on a scroll only restores 1/2 the ql of the scroll.

But in any case ANY consumable that has a direct, permenant impact on combat like stamina or health need to have long cooldowns so as in a non-mass melee you only have the chance to use one to prevent potion chugging, scroll spamming.