Sign in to follow this  
froggy25

Salvage

Been destroying some fences and it hit me in the head, why can't i salvage some materials from these?

So after u destroy something, be it a fence, wall or a house wall, why not have a pile of rubble appear with an option to salvage it for maybe 10% of materials used in making with a -1% for every 10 decay damage.

So breaking an iron fence would return a stone brick as salvage.

• Like 4

Yep, makes sense. A QL hit on the salvaged items may be appropriate.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

Such a skill would in my mind break down complex items into their secondary parts: large carts - wheel axle, planks, nails, etc. How many parts and their qls would be determined by one's salvage skill (or some other skill salvaging relies on.)

Oh yeah, and pliers.

Edited by Klaa

I like this idea, but destroying things is extremely time consuming and I can't see it getting that much use. After all that work a person gets a brick back? While it makes sense I can't help but feel that a number of people would not be impressed.

That said, its more of an issue with destroying things that I have a problem with, and think needs to be changed, this idea however seems quite nice in my opinion, Id also give a rare object a small chance to produce a rare material, because that makes sense to me at least.

I like this idea, but destroying things is extremely time consuming and I can't see it getting that much use. After all that work a person gets a brick back? While it makes sense I can't help but feel that a number of people would not be impressed.

That said, its more of an issue with destroying things that I have a problem with, and think needs to be changed, this idea however seems quite nice in my opinion, Id also give a rare object a small chance to produce a rare material, because that makes sense to me at least.

Obviously the time spent deconstructing something can't be considerably longer than just destroying, or else no one would use it. It needs balancing so that salvage becomes an option worth the time, either by having longer timers and increasing the item payback or having shorter timers (comparable to current bashing timers) with little payback.

Who knows, maybe a salvage option would make people more keen on tearing down unused structures.