Sign in to follow this  
Radni

Libila priests get a double-favor item.

Nah, Rolf said it was meat a couple months ago and buffed it to its amazing current levels of 10 favor for 100 meat.

Maybe just upping the value of lockpicks might be a good idea and make it liblia's double favor item? You need very little iron to make them, but they seem quite tough to make.

• Like 1

Maybe just upping the value of lockpicks might be a good idea and make it liblia's double favor item? You need very little iron to make them, but they seem quite tough to make.

That works, the bulk of lockpicks you make are terrible ql.

Nah, Rolf said it was meat a couple months ago and buffed it to its amazing current levels of 10 favor for 100 meat.

He didn't say that meat was the double favor item, he said that he increased favor gain from it.

He didn't say that meat was the double favor item, he said that he increased favor gain from it.

He said it was either meat or corpses, then buffed meat.

Not sure how that isn't saying what the item is.

bump for the denial to balance bl  :(.such a shame that i kill all horses with bad traits and can't rescue them ;(...

Just because something was increased, does not necessarily mean its the double favor item. All that it indicates is Rolf was looking at it and figured the default was too low.

Havent seen many mentions of corpses tried, let alone the type of corpse. Corpses have been tied to Libila for a very long time and through many religion changes. Offhand Id first look at human (TG) or player meat and corpses.

Just because something was increased, does not necessarily mean its the double favor item. All that it indicates is Rolf was looking at it and figured the default was too low.

Havent seen many mentions of corpses tried, let alone the type of corpse. Corpses have been tied to Libila for a very long time and through many religion changes. Offhand Id first look at human (TG) or player meat and corpses.

Hmm, do you really think someone hasn't tried this yet? I'd kind of figure this would be one of the main things to try first..

Even still, I wonder what items wouldn't have been tried by now, to see if it's meat though - how much does 100 meat give for a regular priest vs a Libila one? Easy to solve if it is/isn't the double gain test there Imo

IMO, the only priest that really has a fair double favor item is Magranon. Door locks can be made directly from iron. Square pieces of cloth need the cotton turned into string, then the string turned into cloth, which leaves more room for quality reduction, despite the ease of creation. Yoyos are worse, as they require a two parts to create, and each part has to be processed from other materials. Libila doesn't even have one.

I suggest that Libila and Magranon get door locks, Fo gets string of cloth, and Vynora gets mooring ropes.

square piece of cloth use fairly small amount of materials tho. (compared to ropes)

Seriously, do you even have a clue what you are talking about?

Passive buffs and priest restrictions have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that all three WL priests have an item to sacrifice that gives them double the favor, while Libila priests have nothing at all.

If your position is that the WL priests have double favor saccing items to balance some kind of benefit to being a Libila priest, I'm all ears to hear what that benefit might be in your mind.

As the owner of a mag, and vyn priest, I'm inclined to agree with Rushy here. Libila are combo priests, that get skillgain and accuracy enchants, which vyn is for in WL, domination type spells (raising zombies), some of the best pvp damage spells, exclusive access to bloodthirst, which not to mention is a low favour cast for them, unlike mind stealer, or lifedrain. Additionally, lib priests get not only vynora's prime benefit (woodcutting), but mags prime benefits (mining and archery, and combat), a skillgain blend between the two, recieving a bonus to fighting skillgain in lib domain, and then, on top of that, Fo healing abilties. When you compare all the benefits of each priest, short of wanting to be a pacifist farmer with a herd of tamed pheasants, Libila comes out way on top. It is a bit odd still though, that Libila wouldn't be additionally pleased by the sacrifice of SOME item. 

Edited by Arronicus

IMO, the only priest that really has a fair double favor item is Magranon. Door locks can be made directly from iron. Square pieces of cloth need the cotton turned into string, then the string turned into cloth, which leaves more room for quality reduction, despite the ease of creation. Yoyos are worse, as they require a two parts to create, and each part has to be processed from other materials. Libila doesn't even have one.

I suggest that Libila and Magranon get door locks, Fo gets string of cloth, and Vynora gets mooring ropes.

-1 no sorry, yoyos are fantastic and cotton goes a lot further with yoyos than wemp does for ropes...

Hmm, do you really think someone hasn't tried this yet? I'd kind of figure this would be one of the main things to try first..

Even still, I wonder what items wouldn't have been tried by now, to see if it's meat though - how much does 100 meat give for a regular priest vs a Libila one? Easy to solve if it is/isn't the double gain test there Imo

You'd be surprised by what Ive seen people overlook, and Im referring to intelligent, competent people. In PC work for example one should take nothing for granted. Overlooking the so-called "obvious" is by no means a stupid mistake. Granted one can feel like an idiot when they realize it.

Edited by Klaa

Inb4 it's something retarded like scythes.

Lol, if they could do WS that's be cool... But yeah.

More then likely what ever it is, it's something not worth sacking if people have yet to find it.

Live animals with a  (sacrificial?) knife , favor based on animal type. Useful in a  pinch but bit crap to grind with, kinda unique and fitting. 

Edited by Rushy

Scythe was the casting item once before this whole statuette thing... so wouldnt surprise me.

I was under the impression when it was announced that it was meat that it was "human meat" only thou i cant recall exactly where this came from.