Sign in to follow this  
snakegal

Rod of Transmutation

Auctioning Rod of Transmutation. This turns a normal cave wall into an ore of your choice at 99ql and 10,000 mining actions. One use. Usually 50s on traders.

I will deliver to anywhere on freedom isles (not chaos).

Start bid 15s

Increments 1s

Buyout 35s

auction_timer_1387320682.gif

It doesn't turn it into 99ql does it?

I recall a friend using one a while ago, and they had to look around for an utmost vein or rock tile, and transmuted that into the ore they wanted.

(This may have changed, hence my asking :))

The current description is :

A two foot long granite rod that turns a normal cave tile into the ore of your choice. The tile will have max ql limit of 99 and 10 000 mining operations. The rod is destroyed in the process.

But my understanding was it will retain the same ql as the tile that is used on, not sure if its changed or not.

I recall a friend using one a while ago, and they had to look around for an utmost vein or rock tile, and transmuted that into the ore they wanted.

Rod of transmutation turns a normal cave tile into the ore vein of your choice. Although the vein will have the same prospect QL as the rock tile it replaces, you will be able to mine ore up to 99 QL from it, and will allow for about 10,000 mining operations. The rod is destroyed when used.

Source: http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Rod_of_transmutation

And grats for your 1,000th post... :D

I guess it is saying that is can be 99ql "limit" not that it will be so i guess you still have to find a good rock to get utmost or it could be random i am not sure really i would like to know for sure too.

My understanding is that when you prospect the changed tile it will report that original QL - but when you actually mine it it produces up to 99 depending obviously on your skill.

i did it to 1 good QL vien and it stayed as good ql  did not go up to utmost ql.  about a yr ago.   i peronally will only use on a utmost rock vein  never risk 50s again.  although it worked out for me skilling wise very well

on the ql-issue

2.5 years ago, Rolf came over to our deed to fix a goldvein we made with the Rod. It gave us 62ql gold (probably the ql of the rocktile it was cast upon) and Rolf fixed it for us to give 99ql like the discription said (at least we think its 99, we only have a 96 miner ;).

So I guess maybe by now Rolf has fixed it (havent made a new tile since then tho to test it out)

Edit: altho the wiki gives room for specualtion indeed, with the "up to" part.

Edited by Lycanthropic

i did it to 1 good QL vien and it stayed as good ql  did not go up to utmost ql.  about a yr ago.   i peronally will only use on a utmost rock vein  never risk 50s again.  although it worked out for me skilling wise very well

You need to do the correct test.  The rod does not modify the tile's QL value, which is why prospect told you it was still Good.

But if you had used a tuning fork, you would have seen that the ore QL was 99.   I've verified this on test a couple of times.

• Like 1

Guess I should withdraw my bid, i was outbid and bought a different one and didn't know the last person withdrew his.

Any idea what the top bid is?  I assume Zapicila's 21s?

Yep that is top bid