Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

A bit more info on the Premium Bonus Program

I've sent out an email where I try to explain the system roughly but it's very rudimentary.

Seryll is only handed out as a Legacy bonus for premium time up until today. From now on, being premium will yield Titles, Achievements and Illusion potions of increasing quality. The quality increase of the illusion potion will pan out at 6 months consecutive premium but you'll receive the titles and achievements based on how many months you have premium even if you miss a month in the future.

We may add things to the ladder in the future before anyone reaches that step.

We decided to go for a rather harmless but fun and interesting potion instead of something very useful and intrinsically valuable as item reward for the future. We don't want you to be able to do too much math on it, putting a price on the x months worth of consecutive premium compared to the illusion potion which comes every month. The potion will probably have a value of course but Seryll would either become too prevalent or too easy to count on.

The future ladder begins today, and you all start at 0 even if you have been premium for months now. Keeping the rewards for having been premium consecutively up until now didn't feel fair to someone who's been with us for years but happened to quit their run one month ago because this system wasn't in place and most people may have missed a month here and there over the years.

We may decide to add items to the future ladder but we don't want it to be pay to win. Some of you may call the Legacy system awards pay to win but since it should be a surprise to pretty much everyone I consider it more of a return on investment kind of thing.

We may hand out Seryll as rewards or reimbursement of different kinds as well, for reporting exploits for instance or spending time finding out how to reproduce a weird bug.

Another Question I received: The Legacy bonuses has a top bonus somewhere around 6 years back since that's when our PayPal records start. There were reimbursements for the crash around then already and BOKs and stuff.

In short:

1. Seryll is handed out for old premium time as a one-time bonus

2. There are no plans to add Seryll to the future premium time bonuses

3. The future premium bonuses consist of Achievements, Titles and Illusion potions as it looks today

4. We may decide to add other things as future bonuses

5. You should receive the first bonuses in a month

6. You may miss a month and receive that months title or achievement the month after. Your potion quality will be reset, however.

7. You won't get a new title or achievement every month.

8. We may hand out Seryll as rewards for things like exploit reports

9. Seryll has the main benefit of being very resistant to breaking when being enchanted

Hope it helps, at least it's some answers! I'll update this post later.

/Rolf

• Like 11

Nice to know!

I did get some stuff, but i did not receive any title, or am i just stupid and we get that next month? :)

Note ... best not to smelt the reward items ... it seems they are not giving back lumps.

Note ... best not to smelt the reward items ... it seems they are not giving back lumps.

they did on test...?

I'd suggest to keep mixing it up and change things around. if its all repetitive same old etc people will eventually get tired and bored of it. Give it a on-going value and "surprise" give coins out here and there. and random items that would usually be rarely found.
The potion is nothing magnificent.

The smaller items don't seem to be giving lumps. We smelted a chain leg piece earlier and it worked, but someone tried a chain coif and it didn't work.

All mine did just fine, weird stuff.  What items did you smelt down specifically, out of curiosity?

The occasional lump every 3-6 months would be nice to maintain QL on the items, otherwise the items provided will rapidly become useless after a bit of wearing down from repairs.

• Like 2

Hehe I feel bad for those who have already sold their seryll lumps ;) Value just increased me thinks hehe

It was a great surprise today, regardless of the crash/rollback.

9. Seryll has the main benefit of being very resistant to breaking when being enchanted

The occasional lump every 3-6 months would be nice to maintain QL on the items, otherwise the items provided will rapidly become useless after a bit of wearing down from repairs.

Sounds like the main reason to use it is to have a skill tool you can safetly enchant in which case imping it isn't an issue.

The smaller items don't seem to be giving lumps. We smelted a chain leg piece earlier and it worked, but someone tried a chain coif and it didn't work.

I think this is true of any metal type. 

So the real bonus was for people who have already been playing 3 years or longer. Future bonuses aren't interesting to me at all.

• Like 1

I do have to point out this part of the post, "but we don't want it to be Pay to Win"

Hate to say it but with all skills capped at 20  without premium.   The game is pretty much that in it's most basic form.

Become premium or you'll never get decent skills.

So the real bonus was for people who have already been playing 3 years or longer. Future bonuses aren't interesting to me at all.

At this point in time i'm pretty sure they have a full time staff member devoted to coming up with ways to split the playerbase... If so, where do i apply? ;)

At this point in time i'm pretty sure they have a full time staff member devoted to coming up with ways to split the playerbase... If so, where do i apply? ;)

Yea, because every other single game doesn't have a rewards program for people who've played for long periods of time right?

He probably could have given you 100 euro and you would have complained that it was tearing wurm apart

I do have to point out this part of the post, "but we don't want it to be Pay to Win"

Hate to say it but with all skills capped at 20  without premium.   The game is pretty much that in it's most basic form.

Stop

• Like 1

Meh whatever. People complain about the christmas gifts too.

Im assuming the old loyalty items can only be claimed once per char, or is it once per cluster?

• Like 2

So i guess this metal will be a collectors item then but does not seem that useful as you wont have much of it to use for improving during the life of the tool/whatever. 

Edited by Kegan

Hate to say it but with all skills capped at 20 without premium. The game is pretty much that all in it's most basic form.

do not confuse pay to win with pay to play. Edited by sandyar
  • Like 5

Can we confirm how the longer periods subscriptions factor into this, and what they have/will counted towards.

For Example:

My Character:

[22:15:24] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of Tears, week 2 of the Raven's starfall, 1020. That's 683 days, 9 hours and 42 minutes ago.

[22:15:24] You have been premium a total of 28 months until Nov 2013.

[22:15:24] You have been premium consecutively for 0 months since Nov 2013.

[22:15:24] You have premium time until 8 Jun 2014 03:14:28 GMT

My character is 1 year 11 months old (Created at the end of January 2011), however because it has Premium for another 5 months after this date it has been gifted this time as its total premium.

The Main question is this:

Will the Premium consecutively count from now, so in 1 months time it'll say 1, or will it start from when my account next purchases a months subs? (in 6 months time)

Just curious as im sure many will be in a similar spot......

Yea, because every other single game doesn't have a rewards program for people who've played for long periods of time right?

What i'm seeing is two distinct tiers of rewards, one quite a nice reward and one not so much.

He probably could have given you 100 euro and you would have complained that it was tearing wurm apart

What an absolutely ridiculous statement, i guess i can tick you off as a troll from now on, thanks :)

What i'm seeing is two distinct tiers of rewards, one quite a nice reward and one not so much.

The moon metal is a one time deal for people stupid enough to have kept their subscription going for years