Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 50

Dear Santa, Rolf and the Team....

Some would say i have been a VERY GOOD boy ...helping other players new and old, giving stuff to new players, a bit of none-official CA work letting players know how to do stuff and the best way to do it.

Plus other good will jobs and stuff ....but in my book thats not me being a good boy.....thats me just being me.

So if Santa is to give me a gift this Xmas i will be happy ......if Santa was to give me a gift that had a use in the game i would be VERY HAPPY.......and after 4+ years of playing Wurm and Prem'ing up as much as money allows ....IF Santa was to give me a SPYGLASS ...

WELL......i would be OVER THE MOON !!!!..... wink...wink...hint hint ;)

BTW very welldone on the new "Legacy Loyalty Bonus items" ....i just lost out on the rod due to a lack of cash to Prem but all in all  i was happy with what i did get .....Once again GREAT JOB guys :)

this year i started playing wurm, and the person that helped me get adjusted and started was Stackus on release, i think he should get a gift. he has helped many a new player from dieing when he patrols around sloping Sands. he always has spare cotton the lend a heal and will always find a way to give a new player a helping hand. He has been the biggest contributor to wyvern academy and most of the villagers know him and appreciated his help. I tip my hat to him! ;)

Dear Santa Rolf and Team,

The nicest thing I've done this year, is helped out quite a few players, new and old. Although I haven't played that long, don't have the greatest skills and even though I get little time to play Wurm, I've enjoyed provided a handful of new players to join my previous deed, carted them around, as they didn't know where to go, showed them places, helped with their skill gain so they can start to make their own community. I've bred animals for people, made the highest QL tools and armour that I'm able to make for any player that really needed them. If their horse died, I gave them one of mine. Helped players with a safe route home (damn spiders!) Helped other villages with looking after their deeds and worked on their projects, all this I have done for free, only because I wanted to. I know how hard it is to maintain things, make things and just general other duties. I enjoy making friends along the way, plus it helps my skill gain!

I'll continue doing all this for players, very fun and rewarding.

Ps: Love the game and updates, by far one of the best online game I've ever played, nothing like any other. Keep up the good work guys!

Merry Christmas

Teal.

Dear Santa Rolf and Team.

I never trolled in my life. I've been a good smith. I've dedicated my life helping the new players around the game because i know from the golden valley era that it's not that easy to start on a new game especially Wurm!

This year, I've founded my sweet Hollowick, a place of rest and peace in the land of serenity. I hope it, one day, become a hub of trades and goods! I've opened my doors to new players that wanted to learn about the game by giving them tools,food and equipment.

I keep looking forward for new people to share to and learn from!

I'dd especially love to meet and chat with Santa Rolf! I love what he's made of this world.

Alkarym, Mayor of Hollowick, Serenity

Dear Santa Rolf and Team.

My nicest things this year has been the same as all year. giving passing players, new and old, food if hungry, first aid if hurt and a place to rest if needed.

also making sure that no wurmian goes without a couple of waterskins.

God Jul och Gott Nytt Ã…r

/Solver

I haven't begged in this thread.

Dear Keldun

I have worked hard at assisting a few new players early this year by giving them supplies such as food and covers, yet not spoiling them with higher end gear. I have also came to the assistance to other players whom had gotten themselves in quite the pickle involving every bad thing in the forest with a taste for human flesh!

Yours, 

Chachajenkins

I made and gave to 2 noobs full sets of tools, and I haven't murdered and eaten anyone all year!

Edited by Rayker

how to create the wagon what is the starting items needed what on what

I would like to nominate Bibi and Brainer to santa for being super nice and saving me, my gf and my corbita from the bayview canal and all its monsters!

• Like 1

Helping people in CA help all day when I'm on MRH.

All I want for Xmas is bridges . I already have eight of twenty planned islands on my Venice deed I plan to make a water market deed sail to each. Or use bridges above to travel to each

The load and creates will be nice to make things easier to finish on these islands . And thanks for the loyalty gifts.

Dear Santa, Rolf and team,

This year I have done my best to spread Fo's light. I have helped my brothers and sisters of Jenn Kellon to achieve the greatest victory Chaos has seen in many an age, the raiding of the Empire of Mol Rehan's true capital and the pillaging of its artifacts. I have also partaken in the two largest skirmishes on Chaos this year, sanctifying the ground in Fo's name. In both skirmishes the kingdom of Jenn Kellon scored many a victory, even winning praise from its enemies, a rare feat. One of the battles involved an ambush so well executed the enemies of Jenn Kellon were completely routed leading to a large number of Mol Rehan deaths with nary a loss to Fo's faithful.

The one thing I would really like this year is the champ system on Chaos to be completely removed as I believe it can only hinder the servers growth.

I am very pleased with the advances Wurm has made and commend you all on the hard work you have done.

May Fo's unending love shine upon you all this holiday season, no matter what colors you wear.

-Dagobert

• Like 4

Dear Santa Rolf and his helpers,

I'm not sure how good I was this year, but i can definitely tell you there are a few wurmian fellows who did a LOOOOOOOOT of good deeds (actually, they are more, but I will only list three of them, because I know you are busy and willing to put as many presents in as many boots you can):

AUM

CELEIA

GHENGIZCOHEN.

I could specifically tell you what each of them did, but well, you are Santa, and Santa already knows everything :P

Not sure if I personally will get a gift, but the people listed above deserve a special reward, and I'd be happy if you will be generous with them.

Merry Christmas! :)

Dear Santa Rolf and Team:

In my heart most times i attempted to be good yet the outcome hasn't always been the same. I converted to priesthood seeking higher moral compass and spirituality.   i only offended my deity a few times and made many offerings to appease.   i tried to hug and make friends with scared troll but he over reacted so i farted on him..sorry.  was it wrong to feed pig parts to my pigs? if so i'll feed them fillet next time so they can live high on the hog.   

aside from these missive thoughts i have taken in many new players in hopes to show them the wonders of wurm so they may garner the same intense enjoyment out of it, that i have.  paying forward good deeds welcoming me into the game by doing likewise.  some have gone on to graduate n make deeds for themselves.....i have made many friends and saved a many loved pets/horses when server crashes n reuniting them with their loyal owners.  fun is the smiles n tears and joy when they meet up again..looks like soldiers meeting their families n loved ones at airports after long time away in battle.

on my bad deeds..i have not been able to shake my wurm addictions..and have on a few occasions played all night into the morning.  I only failed to not take my dog out twice though and instead let her share the same bucket.  I have on a couple occasions shared locations of recently disbanded deeds for others to loot....is that good or bad..hard to say..but gone wrong so..prolly bad.   

Inbetween...my night ninja work.  i like to reclaim land back to nature by taking up unused roads and foundations and returning them back to the natural habitat n fauna. ...re-purposing, they call it.

i have helped work on several community based projects to further the enjoyment, entertainment, ease of wurmians on the server i reside..so hopefully that will outcway my shortcomings.  on my to do list will be to forgive more griefers n greedy sneaky types.  I will hug more bears  ..they are so fluffy after all.  i won't slap or fart on trolls and will play more duck duck goose with them..they like to call it wack-o-mole...i'll let them call it that n we can still play it.  

keep me in fond thoughts most revered n gracious santa, warmly...n slickly..greasygrundle

Dear Santa Rolf and team,

Several other Wurmians who I have met since joining the community one year ago deserve credit, but I want to mention one, in particular. I doubt I'd still be playing today if not for the efforts of Perfexion, who (after the rollout) was inundated with newbies heading south from Green Dog across the dirt bridge on Turtle Lake. His deed, Xion, was the first village they found. Perfexion spent over a month helping all the new arrivals find building sites (off deed) nearby (btw, Ayes made most of the roads & flattened those sites long before, in the hopes newbies arrived someday). Once settled, he continued feeding, guiding & assisting us daily.

After helping from 15-20 players settle, he fed us high quality meals from the community well. When our only public iron vein ran out, he worked until he found another vein. He provided us with pumpkins, cotton, rope & wemp. He bashed our mistakes so we could continue building. (Btw, he also single-handedly built much of the NS Highway, which runs from Turtle Lake to the south coast.) He answered newbie questions for hours daily. As our skills improved, he promised us horses. Sure enough, he gave all who asked, free horses. He taught me about Forestry & now I'm almost to 60 skill level Forestry:)

Through his actions, he taught me the importance of helping newbies. He created a village for us newbies & enriched our initial Wurm experience.

Perfexion helped many at the expense of his own "game". Sometimes I think we were too much for him, because in February he left for 8 months (after 1-2 years of Wurm under his belt already). Recently he returned to Wurm, so I'm hoping Santa takes note of his good deeds. I haven't seen him around for a couple weeks, but he told me he'd be wandering Wurm, helping those in need. I'm sure Santa can find him.

Thank you Santa Rolf & team. Happy holidays to you!

Sincerely,

Ellen

Dear Santa Rolf and team,

I can't say I have been 100% good this year, I am human after all and we all have our good and bad moments. I have tried to help out my fellow friends and neighbors when I can and am able..

Please don't listen to Chiqa about being on the naughty list- I have seen this woman help out more people than I can count and I am proud to call her as a friend and sister! Her halo is often held up by little horns, but I wouldn't have her any other way! Others that I have seen with the same type of generosity- Chulirac (we give him hell and he takes it like a champ!), he is willing to help anyone who asks if he is able, NotsoDirt and his wife Noonstar, great neighbors! I am very blessed to have them around. Tria and Stoneman, they are absolute sweethearts and will do just about anything to help out. Kerwal and Kilidaryn, they both are great as well.. Afira, we have gone to the ends of Indy and Exo all for a few animals, she feeds when I can't and I try to do the same for her, she's like a sister to me! Shuego, he is like my adopted son.. He is sweet and generous and I haven't seen anyone that doesn't like him!   Above all, my wonderful husband Uisge.. He lets me get away with just about everything and I couldn't be here without him. He helps anyone he is able with all the energy he can muster.. I have seen him stay up all night long to gather animals that have gotten loose and repair deeds on the other side of the server, just to help out a friend in need!

I know I am probably missing a lot of people. Tbh, I am thankul for each and every friend I have made here on Wurm.. Great bunch of people! I know I may not deserve a present, but they sure do!

Thanks for all you have done this year, I look forward to the upcoming changes!

• Like 1

To Santa Rolf and Team:

I was raised to believe that it is naughty to tell everyone how nice you are. I am sure you just wanted me to think about all the nice things I see others do all year, so I just want to make sure you remember all my wonderful alliance members, when you hand out presents:

Not only are they helpful on a daily basis, sharing their knowledge and skills, listen to the whining and encourage you when things are going slow, but they go out of their way to look out for everyone when they are on short or long, planned or unexpected breaks. Farms are tended, animals are groomed or drizzled, grass/crops replanted, outdoor containers repaired and no effort is spared trying to save animals that might be starving because of this - even going so far as to catapult food into locked pens. They will hunt you down in real life, when trolls bash your fences and let all your animals out, and will help rope in all the escaped animals, just like they hunt down all "misplaced" animals after server hickups. Troll lairs are bashed as soon as they are located, and any roaming trolls led to their deaths before they can cause too much damage to poorly defended or undefended deeds. But best of all, they make me laugh hysterically every single day

I hope Snowtech, Bibi, Nusty, Menyanthes, Delakar and all their alts get some awesome presents from you :)

• Like 1

i gave a fellow a lift in my sailboat, from Tap dance market, all the way back to the north coast, where he had been glitched off his boat, and then chomped on by a troll in the entrance to the canal.

i also donated all my old Tools to a couple of new guys, who were still using their starter kit, they were excited about the CoC/WoA pickaxe i gave them to mine with:D

oh and p.s. cheers for the new carts and bridges, cant wait to get started on them!

Dear Santa Rolf and Grup,

This year i spend alot of time here and i think that is :D  I cant "grief" (build, inprove) highways no more here on Chaos so GMs have more time now.

So... Just Give US UPDATE, cant wait no more for bridges and wagons...

Under my cristmass tree i wana see this year, RGB LED buble lamps for Firwood trees. 

Dear Santa Rolf + posse

I honestly havent' been very good at all.. I could add lying to it and tell you how wonderful i have been, but it wouldn't be true.  Among the list of things i have done bad this year include but not limited to

Getting kicked out of an alliance for not being helpful enough

Tormenting a new alliance with adding 'thats dirty' to the most mundane thoughts so make them rethink if what they said was dirty or not because it makes me laugh

Building a giant thorn patch between me and my southern neighbor so when she comes to visit i can sell her cotton for her wounds as she isn't a very straight cart driver.

When previously mentioned and injured  neighbor does get healed i make her add bricks to my colossus so it gets done eventually.

Groom my neighbors horses with the pretense of 'helping' while infact i am raking in that AH so i can breed my own horses and flood the server with the first 7 speed horses (2 negative speed traits still count as speed)

I raised up a bit of clay in the ocean and keep 'forgetting' to fill the lamp out there with oil so people don't see it and run aground.

I give poor directions to people coming to my deed so they end up at my neighbors deed so often she has signs up pointing to my deed for all the people who show up there...

made an alliance member a fellow conspirator [10:33:27] <Terpsichore> posse

I am sure there is more.. but i am forgetting some.

I have set out several bsbs for coal, if you could kindly put them in the correct QL marked ones I would appreciate it

Nusty 

<all in good fun if you don't know me>

• Like 5

Getting kicked out of an alliance for not being helpful enough

Wait, what? I thought you got kicked out for calling him on his BS, and not bowing down to his self imagined greatness? ;)