Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 50

Santa Rolf and Team.

I wanted to say I'm good nor a bad wurm addict

But I will say. I help my neighbors. I wave at stangers in local ( when I see them )

I answer questions I can answer. And I even do the ( pay it forward ) via coin and gear

What do I want for Christmas? You say??

Nothing. You keep adding great things to the game and you keep it running.

But you say that's not a acceptable answer?

Ok fine. One day I want my p&r toon to be able to come to exo

When its time. Now? Not required. But some day

Take care

Draygone / NotsoDirt

* edit for typos on my smartphone *

Edited by Notsodirt
  • Like 3

Dear Santa Rolf and Team!

I would like to share my Christmas list with you, these individuals did alot of good things and even some great things in the past year and definitely deserve a present x)

Dksprocket, Celeia, Explora, Blastspawn, Xor, Jadedragon, Nusty, Bullbrand, Davan, Wraithfoe, Dredbanger, Darkravager, Coastis, Willowsong, Donyell, Shindar, Ryamu Sassimanx, Ghengizcohen, Drayka, Draygone, Wilca, Ladygodiva, Tayne, Serraphine, Thrud, Kaine, Vynnx, JDbooker, Eldoro, Acaos, Arathorn, Narcox, Darkshadow, Teylah, Lokitio, Samvimes, Tyden.

and probably some i have over looked >.> but you know who you are!

• Like 1

RedBaron_Johan,

I suppose it is all in good fun and the spirit of the season to encourage others to post about how "nice" they have been within Wurm this year but I think it is rather misguided to encourage others to glorify themselves by speaking of their good deeds in this manner.

Somehow back in my youth the impression was made upon myself that the subtle reward from doing good deeds for others was something of an internal satisfaction and to bring this to the attention of others diminished that effect. With this in mind, I will refrain from speaking in these terms about how wonderful (or not) I have been within these Wurm confines.

Now although I would not have done positive things for others for any reward, recognition or presents from the mystical Wurm Santa; nonetheless, I don't see any good reason to speak of what help or positive actions I have extended to others. That good sir, is between myself and them.

I am sure many good deeds have been done this past year within these Wurm worlds and they will extend into the next and beyond when Santa has long since departed. Sorry to rain on your seasonal parade but I can not encourage myself to march to this merry tune without singing here slightly out of harmony in spirit of remembrance of lessons learned long ago under the clear sky's of youths gentle refrain.

=Ayes=

• Like 6

-1 to consecutive premium time only counting.  . 

And I reserve the right to be antisocial, pay money to be premium and be active for years.  If that isn't enough for santa, tough, because i'm too busy with a huge public works project.  =)

That being said, I am appreciative of the new system of course.  Gotta remember, everybody is a critic.  =P

Edited by leaf

Dear Sant Rolf & All Devs,

first thanks for this game and the constant improvements. My nicest thing this year?  To find and dive into Wurm 134 days ago. Since then I'm lost and addicted each and every day.

Dear Santa Rolf and Team

I have invited a few friends to Wurm this year. Sadly only one of them become premium yet but another one is about to become one soon.

I also investigated an issue and helped dev team as much as i can. That issue can be found here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/87189-graphics-that-wont-load/

I pay my game time with money, been nice and helpfull all the time. :rolleyes:

In order to increase player retention we have created a “Loyalty Bonus Program†where you will receive bonuses for not letting your premium run out.

Does this essentially mean if we've had prem for over 6 years, but had a small 2 hour gap between that, it'll just forget it or something? Or are there not any higher bonuses the longer you stay prem?

Does this essentially mean if we've had prem for over 6 years, but had a small 2 hour gap between that, it'll just forget it or something? Or are there not any higher bonuses the longer you stay prem?

Its from now on, beforehand its not counted. The "reimbursements" we get now is based on how many moths you've had before.

Well i have been nice by paying for my subscriptions this year on my main even though i could have paid with in-game coins :)

Great update i just hope we get some of these new features to play with for Christmas break

Yep that's me too! 

Another suggestion has been added.
It's good to see the developers listening to the suggestions that get loads of support, you have things like load option, bridges and crates coming too. Keep up the good work :D
PS: This update is already working. I wont be letting my main toon expire now on the 30th over christmas while I'm busy lol.

New Payment system and Loyalty program

We are adding new payment services to give you even more options and convenience in how to make your game related transactions.

There are going to be some difference in cost for the different options as some are more expensive to process then others.

Along with this we are also introducing a new loyalty program which will be accumulative and give you different rewards depending on how long you have been a premium member.

There will be one part that starts from the point this is implemented and is dependant on continuous uninterrupted membership and one is applied retroactively on your premium characters.

So if you have been racking up that premium time already, which I know many of you have. You can expect to get some nice tokens of our appreciation.

You claim your rewards at your token.

Some rewards are a one time only thing, like rod of transmutation.

You will soon receive an email with all the new details to this as well as email reminders when your premium time is about to run out so you do not miss any reward you are aiming for.

Edited by AlexLong

Santa Rolf and Team: well just sayin I don't feel right putting the nice things I do on here my point of view if you do it to brag about it it is not a nice thing done anymore .... know what I mean .... but I will say I have 2 newbe who I invited to my deed to learn and play and be safe wile doing so I even encouraged them to get some prem if thay like the game im sure soon enough thay will leave and go off on there own to bild there own homes and such but I know a lot of people end up getting board and quitting before thay have a chance to get to know this great game because the first bit is difacult sometimes that's why I like to collect newbes in need and give them a home so thay can get a fuller feeling of what the game is about and make a choice to play or not anyway im rambleing on as I usually do just noticed it so im going to shush now marry xmas

Dear Santa Rolf and Team of Elvelopers,

I have been extra sugarry nice this year.  I have been working up weaponsmithing and thus always have extra weapons and bladed tools to give to upcoming new players so they can fight much better.

I also help answer questions that any new players may present and try to be extra helpful to anyone, especially the ones that don't understand english well.  I take extra time to help them.

Please, give us something neat this year!

I love all the hard work you put into the game and thank you!

Also Santa Rolf and Team.

I try not to troll but honestly the hostility within these forums is to damn high sometimes. Any rudeness directed at me gets rudeness directed back in a cold no remorse type of way. I'm not really sorry for that and never will be. I strongly believe in treating people how they treat me.

My good deeds mainly consist of sticking up for others in suggestion threads that are attacked and helping new players in game. I've also brought a few people premium time and only yesterday was my last "good deed" when I went to esert to help a new player learn about smiting crafting as I could tell their first language was not English and they had been a bit confused about different type of Ores that exist within the game.

Warn regards
Alex. (The real Santa)

Dear Santa Rolf;

I have been very good this year, helping maintain and improve not only my home town, but other deeds in the alliance, and asking nothing in return save the skillgain.  Most satisfying has been making all those paddocks full of enchanted grass, so the nice horses have plenty to eat.  Most recently, I have a friend who seems to find nothing but zinc in his mines, and he needs help getting rid of it :D

Dear Santa Rolf and Team,

I gave an entire 80QL+ set of chain as well as a longsword and shield to a noob on the affliction server this year. Unfortunately it seems he no longer plays, but he did get good use out of the items for a while! :D

Dear Santa Rolf and Team. 

I have not been good this year, please give me 100k 1ql coal for being so very bad? :P

• Like 4

My biggest question regarding the Loyalty program (which is a great idea by the way - thank you), is shouldn't there be a "grace period" of a few days or maybe 1 week in the event someone's premium expires and simply hasn't had the time to renew it?  It seems a shame for those that have had 2-3 years of consecutive loyalty with a few days  lapse not get their rewards.  They're just as loyal.

Dear Santa Rolf and Team

This year was a very busy year and I have been a very good mad person...

I helped some noobs to establish in some nice places, gave them some stuff to start on the right foot.

I'm a faithful and devoted believer to my god, Magranon, and started an highway to his magnificence.

I fought against rage and despair when several of my projects got to a stop due to engine limitations.

I paid premium for a full year so I can breathe more peacefully at night.

... well, like that it doesn't look like I did much but that highway got most of my time, but its gonna be awesome.

Thanks mister Santa Rolf and Team for taking care of us. Please let us have some Magranon's Tabard with some flying abilities so we can admire our creations from a heavenly height, looking at all that from the sight of the god.

...or just some extra climbing stamina so we can surface mine more easily ;)

Dear Santa Rolf and Team:

This year was my first in wurm and I must say this game is like no other, thank you so much for making wurm what it is today!

I am an Anti RPK player on serenity and this summer saved sombodys deed with my tatics of distracting the enemy BL force, special thanks to Arrowhun, Pappa and others on that day, as well as always had fun helping people anyway I can, especially with building homes for new players.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

PS. All I want for christmas is the new wood textures/shaders! :P

Dear Santa Rolf and Team!

I would like to share my Christmas list with you, these individuals did alot of good things and even some great things in the past year and definitely deserve a present x)

Dksprocket, Celeia, Explora, Blastspawn, Xor, Jadedragon, Nusty, Bullbrand, Davan, Wraithfoe, Dredbanger, Darkravager, Coastis, Willowsong, Donyell, Shindar, Ryamu Sassimanx, Ghengizcohen, Drayka, Draygone, Wilca, Ladygodiva, Tayne, Serraphine, Thrud, Kaine, Vynnx, JDbooker, Eldoro, Acaos, Arathorn, Narcox, Darkshadow, Teylah, Lokitio, Samvimes, Tyden.

and probably some i have over looked >.> but you know who you are!

Add Aum to the list for hosting the new clusters first Impalong :)

• Like 1

Dear Santa Rolf and the Team!

I have been a very good boy this year because I put up with EnvyOBD for a whole year (almost) in my alliance on Release!

(Maybe I should get a bunch of medals instead of a present.....................................) B)

• Like 2

My biggest question regarding the Loyalty program (which is a great idea by the way - thank you), is shouldn't there be a "grace period" of a few days or maybe 1 week in the event someone's premium expires and simply hasn't had the time to renew it?  It seems a shame for those that have had 2-3 years of consecutive loyalty with a few days  lapse not get their rewards.  They're just as loyal.

Check the email/other thread. For premium before today it doesn't count consecutiveness, just total premium time. After today, consecutiveness will only count for higher quality potions.

Santa Rolf and Team.

It has been a long year for me and so much has happened but I have been so good in game I have not gotten one warning in game or banned at all! Not even one chat violation! While behaving I managed quite a bit of positive stuff. Rolf is pleased with the exploits I have reported to him as are the people who were affected by the cheaters even though the guys who got banned were not so happy. Here on the forums I have been mildly naughty but jberg and Johan have helped impart a better discipline in my forum activities. My pvp guide was even a sticky for a time! In game I had many positive activities building yet another successful kingdom and despite being stabbed in the back by so called "friends" I did not resort to any sort of in game violence or retribution to destroy them although tbh I thought about it! I have been on my best behavior and continue to make many valuable contributions to community and game. Can I please have my old account back?

<3 Always

Tonygreen

P.S. I also gave Desertion a dragon back.

P.S.S. I am sorry for killing that guy at the king cobra on chaos too. I offered to sell him his keys back :/

Edited by Suntzu
  • Like 4