Sign in to follow this  
Salbian

Alphabetize the right click

It seems that when you right click something it is always random the way the selections are sorted.  Take for example my priest, when I want to cast, I am always having to look through the long list of spells to find the one I need.  Would it be hard to make the options in alphabetical order when right clicking.  Just food for thought and thanks for your time!

They are releasing a new crafting interface soon which will render your suggestion useless xD

Also it is an anti-bot feature iirc. They change position daily for that reason.

• Like 2

Also it is an anti-bot feature iirc. They change position daily for that reason.

That does make very good sense, thanks for the information!

They are releasing a new crafting interface soon which will render your suggestion useless xD

But cant we toggle it on/off?

if yes, then this suggestion gets a +1

Probably so, but making them random does stop the ability to bot or macro right clicking.  I see the point of it.

But cant we toggle it on/off?

if yes, then this suggestion gets a +1

Why would you not want to use the new interface?

It beats clicking thousands of times a day.

Although it does seem like the order stays the same once you login.  So if you stayed logged in for 8+ hours the menus are going to be the same, so maybe this does have some merit.  Also there is much more besides crafting when right clicking, my priest can have 15+ spells to choose from when casting.  See image below...

ff9NMfr.jpg

Yeah it doesn't change based on logging in and out, I am fairly sure it is a global once a day change. That is probably the best that Rolf could do with what resources he has. He was probably betting on the fact that people that download a bot don't know how to change the coding to match that days menu.

It's a server-restart thing, it changes when the server restarts.

But yes casting spells with a randomized list is annoying. D:

I agree, the new gui eliminates any confusion when clicking xD it's amazing!

Although something they could allow for casters, is a spell list so they can just click the spell (or bind it) then click what to cast it on. That'd be a simple thing to implement as it follows the system now, just uses spells as "active items" so to say instead of "Activate channel item, right click tile, hover spells, click randomized spell list to find your spell" just makes things easier if you "equip" the channel item as a side slot (maybe call it "focus") and "activate" the chosen spell and cast it that way. It allows for rapid casting at a MUCH easier way around that.

Yeah it doesn't change based on logging in and out, I am fairly sure it is a global once a day change. That is probably the best that Rolf could do with what resources he has. He was probably betting on the fact that people that download a bot don't know how to change the coding to match that days menu.

So effectively it annoys legit users and does absolutely nothing against bots. I'd rather see this "feature" turned off.

While this is true, I don't see how it is effective as an anti-bot feature as the only time it changes is during a server restart.

+1 to either alphabetizing or allowing us to sort

Actually the menu is randomized everytime you login as an anti-bot feature. Sure theres ways of getting around any antibot screen; however, such just ratchets up the knowledge needed. Not to mention the various other means available to GM and Devs. Thats not even getting into the rather obvious rise in skill over time.

Course some antibot may be eventually discarded as the Devs feel they have superior means available; however, thats merely personal speculation.

Also as mentioned beforehand theres the new crafting gui currently in testing, many may find it preferable to the current crafting. Both crafting methods, new and old, will be usable when the new one goes live.

Edited by Klaa

Also as mentioned beforehand theres the new crafting gui currently in testing, many may find it preferable to the current crafting. Both crafting methods, new and old, will both be usable when the new one goes live.

I wonder if the buttons on the new crafting UI will be randomized to prevent easy botting as well?