Sign in to follow this  
sulfurblade

Yet Another Valeri Terraforming Thread

I just wanted to create this thread and put some pictures to the chaos.

These pictures will show you two different Valeri Terraforming events that hit the same location...

One is obviously a Mountain, and the other a Scar.... This location that both events have hit is Between Olive Bay and Dead Lake this was one of the MOST traveled most Populated area's on Affliction, with a thriving population of new players and old vets that helped new players....

This was as close to an academy as Affliction has ever seen! However, Valeri events have pretty much destroyed that and made this area of the map a ghost town... Because what use to be a very easy journey on one of the nicest roads and most decorated area's of affliction is desecrated by these eye sores we call Valeri Events!!!

These Pictures should sum up why I dislike these events, and these two events only slightly hit a deed just imagine what these events could do to your 100's of hours of game play....348iv6d.jpg

ina25s.jpg

• Like 2

It's been done before, this has been talked about. They should be nerfed, or they should be made to look beautiful in a destructive way. not literal eye sores.

"Did the map got corrupted?" thats what I think every time I see one of those "terraforming events"

I keep my offer of converting you to JK by the way.

It's really horrible.

But now I have a stopwatch running timing how long it takes for someone to tell you it's what you signed up for and if you don't like it piss off to Freedom.

Was definetly not an acadamy anymore, but rather a griefers groups deed the first time it was hit, and before that a ton of abandoned ruins.  Olive road was completely walled off by that group, which liked to put random people on kos and attack them.Obviously, the gods decided that they didnt like this and fixed the problem :P

Really, in the end they improved the area.

I like the one in the background of the first picture more, dead lake now gets a fun tunnel exit.

Really, there isnt any issue with those events, they create interesting terrain. Dead lake is one of the coolest starter deeds now, with all the ways people have mined and made roads to get around the terraforming.

• Like 1

Well - looking at the loom I suppose one could always grind cloth-making and climbing at the same time now.........

• Like 2

I for one find it awesome; though, Ive been rooting for volcanoes too. :P

I think it's awesome, but PLEASE when it makes a crater or mountain make individual rock tiles not big stretchy dirt or rock tiles, like it would form naturally.

Also didnt Rolf say something about them having a LOW chance of hitting deeds?..

And what is this is unfortunately the 'low' chance?

Affliction has 1/4 the tiles and dead lake has a magnet attached to it.

I have to say, I like the terraforming events, even though that one in particular makes it incredibly hard for me to get back to DL (I have to use an obscure route through some ruins that a newbie may find hard to find, despite the fact I'm just on the other side of the scar). I believe that the problem isn't the events, but its that we do not have the tools to deal with them correctly just yet.

For example we mined through the mountain/hill terraform, and that was simple. For the scar it may well become suddenly rather easy to fix when we have access to bridges. In the end I think the scar will look pretty awesome, especially when the odd house is gone.

Well, thats my thoughts.

• Like 1

Affliction has 1/4 the tiles and dead lake has a magnet attached to it.

Was more poking fun at the fact of what would a high chance look like? ;)

I reach the conclusion that the gods are mentally retarded.

Most pantheons across the Earth do exhibit behavior that can be described as very human, thus also mentally retarded.

Oh, and bridges :P

Edited by Klaa