Sign in to follow this  
Noizhead

Meditation path titles

With all the attention being given to new titles that you can switch on or off, I think it'd be nice to be able to toggle the display of your meditation path's title.  I doubt that I'm the only person who would rather just be their character name on mouseover, with nothing fancy after it.  The ingame text even refers to a path as a "cult" and speaks of secrets known only to its followers, and yet a member's rank in this shadowy organization is kept plainly displayed for anyone to see with a glance.

It can be argued that path titles should always be on because some of them give potent advantages in PVP.  While it's true that many meditation abilities can give a character an edge, I disagree with the notion of forcing people to wear that sort of thing on their sleeve.  I see it as no less ridiculous than claiming elite fighters should have their names trailed with a string resembling "[Knight] [swordsmaster] [Protector] [Marksman]" at all times.  If all these other (and arguably much more pertinent) titles gained from skill are only voluntarily shown, I don't see why meditation path titles should be constantly displayed for the benefit of the enemy.

It would also be neat, though not strictly necessary, if a person could also choose from any of the path titles they've previously earned, in addition to "none"; perhaps with a second dropdown menu on the /titles window.

You don't see enemy titles in pvp anyways.

+1

I'd like to not always be Brunwulf the Gone.

I'll +1 ... while I do like having my path title beside my name, I don't see why it shouldn't be an option to be able to not wear it either.

You don't see enemy titles in pvp anyways.

Level 9+ knowledge can see enemy meditating titles.

I'd be game to be able to select which meditating title to have displayed.

-1becausetitlesarefreedomonlyandifthisisonepiciminusoneitimmediatlyweshouldremovemeditatingfromepicforgoodandonlyhaveitonthemasterserverfreedom

(+1!)

That was a difficult read.

As to the OP, I agree that it would be nice to have Meditation Titles able to be toggled, it would allow just that much more character personalization.

+1

I asked Rolf for this a long time ago and he didn't seem to think there would be an issue adding it, being stuck with an extension of my name that I didn't like was enough to put me off meditating at all. I guess its just one of those things that isn't exactly a high priority :(

I was also put off from meditating because I didn't want a title that I might not like forced onto the end of my name.  There certainly are some goofy ones.

That meditation titles aren't visible to the enemy makes the lack of this feature that much more baffling.