Sign in to follow this  
Brunwulf

Legendary titles for Epic.

You are a joke at best if you believe the Dev team knows nothing about what they are doing. Do you honestly believe that you know more about the system and the things they create, than they do? Seriously, be honest with yourself and think that out for a moment before rambling off some silly half-defamation about the people who created this game like an arrogant fool.

Being hurt over a silly title is ridiculous. We should all be ashamed.

Jeesh man....tone it down--Please

And with the fire and sass shown in your posts you need a release....you are wasting your time playing on Inde...come to epic and get some PVP

Happy Holidays

Edited by Atlas

Hey rath, is that avatar a catfish in a coat or something else ? .... I have been wondering for a while now.

• Like 1

Idk if freedomers understand the curve... We have a curve, a curve ends. The curve is not a endless circle. The 2x skill gain quits with the curve IIRC

Flat out wrong again....Seems many people on Epic don't even understand their own skilling on their own server.

Epic is Double Skilling Period.

The Curve is applied to skills to give you more effective skill...........

Flat out wrong again....Seems many people on Epic don't even understand their own skilling on their own server.

Epic is Double Skilling Period.

The Curve is applied to skills to give you more effective skill...........

nope

• Like 1

Yes I think not having Legendary titles on epic sucks but I'm not really interested in complaining about it.

I do want to share my experience with the curve though.

Throwing out some assumptions I believe to be true

Digging, Mining, Woodcutting all work the same,  you must get a resource between 1.0<>40.00 to get a skill tick. I'll use woodcutting for my example.

All wood is the same difficulty?(someone feel free to dispute this)

The curve reduces the 'difficulty' which allows you to produce higher quality items more frequently

Which in turn reduces the amount of skill ticks you will receive during a given period.

At the point that skill ticks become less than 50% as frequent you will have a skill gain rate that is slower than on freedom.

This would mean that skilling is easier on epic than freedom at lower levels but harder at higher levels.

At what point does that >50% less frequent skill ticks occur and can this period be longer than the easy early period seems to be the main issue that people are bringing up

With that having been said, I believe rolf has fiddled with woodcutting and therefore it would actually a bad example to do an actual test on.

• Like 1

Yes I think not having Legendary titles on epic sucks but I'm not really interested in complaining about it.

I do want to share my experience with the curve though.

Throwing out some assumptions I believe to be true

Digging, Mining, Woodcutting all work the same,  you must get a resource between 1.0<>40.00 to get a skill tick. I'll use woodcutting for my example.

All wood is the same difficulty?(someone feel free to dispute this)

The curve reduces the 'difficulty' which allows you to produce higher quality items more frequently

Which in turn reduces the amount of skill ticks you will receive during a given period.

At the point that skill ticks become less than 50% as frequent you will have a skill gain rate that is slower than on freedom.

This would mean that skilling is easier on epic than freedom at lower levels but harder at higher levels.

At what point does that >50% less frequent skill ticks occur and can this period be longer than the easy early period seems to be the main issue that people are bringing up

With that having been said, I believe rolf has fiddled with woodcutting and therefore it would actually a bad example to do an actual test on.

People keep rambling off how they "believe" the curve works, but there are two problems with this.

1.  No one ever seems to account for 2x skill gain in their "curve" explanations, they just explain the curve as if it exists without 2x skill gain bonus.

2.  IF this curve does make it harder to skill at a higher level the only thing it has done is bring Epic players back down closer to even with the Freedom players at the end result.  With that being said, it was designed this way for a reason, and Epic players were given that advantage for a reason; reason being they are in a pvp world where the mechanics are slightly different and more aggressive.

In the end, Epic players chose the lifestyle they wanted.  They wanted the pvp and the 2x skill gain and the variation in some mechanics, so they joined the Epic cluster.  This lead to other circumstances, one being them having sorcery, and another one now being the lack of Legendary titles. 

You see the point is; Epic players chose the style of gameplay they wanted.  Freedom players chose the style of gameplay they wanted.  There are benefits and downfalls to both sides, with neither side really having an advantage.  If Epic was the same as Freedom it wouldn't be Epic, and vise versa.  What everyone here seems to be asking, is for the Dev team to make all of Wurm the same; to make all of the servers as close to relative to each other as possible.  You all know you do not want this, because if you did there would be no need for an Epic cluster.  Wurm afterall, is all about the choices we get to make, and the world we get to shape, not the world that is shaped for us in every detail.  Variety is indeed, the spice of life.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

You all know you do not want this, because if you did there would be no need for an Epic cluster.

Don't know how you came to that conclusion, but here what people is asking is that if freedom gets content that doesn't affect the PvP, the PvE or any other aspect of the game, is only logic that Epic to get that too.

If not I will start to think that devs are promoting forum PvP between freedomers and Epic players. Or, once again, showing their skill at community managing.

Edited by Alec

Don't know how you came to that conclusion, but here what people is asking is that if freedom gets content that doesn't affect the PvP, the PvE or any other aspect of the game, is only logic that Epic to get that too.

If not I will start to think that devs are promoting forum PvP between freedomers and Epic players. Or, once again, showing their skill at community managing.

Now THAT is an abrupt conclusion that is not only baffling, but comical.

Edit: quote insertion.  Since you seemed to miss the context of my comment and only read the bold underlined part, I'll post it again for your viewing pleasure.

"If Epic was the same as Freedom it wouldn't be Epic, and vise versa.  What everyone here seems to be asking, is for the Dev team to make all of Wurm the same; to make all of the servers as close to relative to each other as possible.  You all know you do not want this, because if you did there would be no need for an Epic cluster.  Wurm afterall, is all about the choices we get to make, and the world we get to shape, not the world that is shaped for us in every detail."

Edited by Slickshot

What everyone here seems to be asking, is for the Dev team to make all of Wurm the same; to make all of the servers as close to relative to each other as possible.  You all know you do not want this, because if you did there would be no need for an Epic cluster.

There's no reason for Rolf to be developing a different feature set for each server on wurm or we'll barely get any progress and just be jealous of what everyone else has and we don't. The unique features of the servers at the moment come from disabling certain features players *don't* want rather than making things purposefully exclusive. People are on the PvE servers of freedom because they don't want PvP. People are on chaos because they want PvP but either don't want to mess with the epic terraforming stuff or don't want the accelerated gameplay. And epic just represents the current complete feature set at the moment. Most of the newer features in epic are being added to freedom where appropriate avoiding the bits that people chose their current servers to avoid(ie PvP on the PvE servers and well terraforming events). The more people that can take advantage of the developments Rolf makes the better as he can make more people happy and provide more content with less work than trying to make a bunch of different feature sets and making them exclusive.

Legendary titles don't conflict with any of the servers any more than potted plants do. The only decent argument made against having legendary titles on epic is that some people enjoy being the first to unlock the titles and for some of the skills epic would have a bit of an advantage in that regard otherwise it's mostly just people being spiteful and wanting to deprive epic of features.

• Like 3

Here is what i don't understand, why does it matter if i as an epic player have a title you CANT SEE, you will never see my characters title. if someone asks me what my skill is i wont say i'm a legendary blacksmith i'll say i have 100 blacksmithing. 

there is literally zero affect on freedom. honestly its like being offended that we can get to 100 skill. sure it can take longer for you to get to 100 skill.

this is like complaining about a different countries education system. Say in india if you go to school to be a doctor you can do it in 3 years (i have no idea). in america/europe it takes 6 (for simplicity sake).

the person in india is still a doctor, but it doesn't matter in the rest of the world because we don't recognize their education, just like they may not recognize ours. people from both countries are considered doctors, but only in their own area.

There's no reason for Rolf to be developing a different feature set for each server on wurm or we'll barely get any progress and just be jealous of what everyone else has and we don't. The unique features of the servers at the moment come from disabling certain features players *don't* want rather than making things purposefully exclusive. People are on the PvE servers of freedom because they don't want PvP. People are on chaos because they want PvP but either don't want to mess with the epic terraforming stuff or don't want the accelerated gameplay. And epic just represents the current complete feature set at the moment. Most of the newer features in epic are being added to freedom where appropriate avoiding the bits that people chose their current servers to avoid(ie PvP on the PvE servers and well terraforming events). The more people that can take advantage of the developments Rolf makes the better as he can make more people happy and provide more content with less work than trying to make a bunch of different feature sets and making them exclusive.

Legendary titles don't conflict with any of the servers any more than potted plants do. The only decent argument made against having legendary titles on epic is that some people enjoy being the first to unlock the titles and for some of the skills epic would have a bit of an advantage in that regard otherwise it's mostly just people being spiteful and wanting to deprive epic of features.

Or on the flipside it's mostly just epic people being whiny and feeling entitled.

From your point of view, you think Freedom players are just being spiteful children fighting over first place.

From my point of view, Epic players are being entitled brats crying over spilled milk.

Which view point is correct?  The answer is neither, for they are just opinions, which is my overall point in the first place.  We can all say what we want about how unfair or fair it is, but at the end of the day the Dev's chose this path for a reason, so we all must deal with it, good and bad.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

but at the end of the day the Dev's chose this path for a reason, so we all must deal with it, good and bad.

It doesn't mean we can't argue why it's a bad decision and provide either alternative view points or ideas to tweak things to make things better. A number of choices Rolf has made he's either gone back on or tweaked after an outcry from the user base.

It doesn't mean we can't argue why it's a bad decision and provide either alternative view points or ideas to tweak things to make things better. A number of choices Rolf has made he's either gone back on or tweaked after an outcry from the user base.

Or rather argue why it is a good decision.  Just as many people argue for it as against it.

Or on the flipside it's mostly just epic people being whiny and feeling entitled.

From your point of view, you think Freedom players are just being spiteful children fighting over first place.

From my point of view, Epic players are being entitled brats crying over spilled milk.

Which view point is correct?  The answer is neither, for they are just opinions, which is my overall point in the first place.  We can all say what we want about how unfair or fair it is, but at the end of the day the Dev's chose this path for a reason, so we all must deal with it, good and bad.

You are allowed to have your own opinion about Epic players, but if you want to defend the decision of not having Legendary titles on Epic, it needs to be something better than "well people on Epic are just cry babies".

Like Theodis said, the only legitimate argument I've seen is that people could possibly unlock and reveal titles faster on Epic, but I think it's not a very good argument because you could say the same about every single skill title that isn't revealed yet and because 100 on Epic still takes a ridiculous amount of time, likely comparable to Freedom even.

I don't think people feel very entitled. This is the suggestions forum where people make... suggestions. I'm not sure how making a suggestion to change something == feeling entitled.

I just think some people from the Epic side get a bit upset about the weird "well you guys don't really deserve it" (in some form) reactions which leads to Epic players writing angry or sarcastic replies back.

You are allowed to have your own opinion about Epic players, but if you want to defend the decision of not having Legendary titles on Epic, it needs to be something better than "well people on Epic are just cry babies".

Like Theodis said, the only legitimate argument I've seen is that people could possibly unlock and reveal titles faster on Epic, but I think it's not a very good argument because you could say the same about every single skill title that isn't revealed yet and because 100 on Epic still takes a ridiculous amount of time, likely comparable to Freedom even.

I don't think people feel very entitled. This is the suggestions forum where people make... suggestions. I'm not sure how making a suggestion to change something == feeling entitled.

I just think some people from the Epic side get a bit upset about the weird "well you guys don't really deserve it" (in some form) reactions which leads to Epic players writing angry or sarcastic replies back.

Ill give you a reason that is not that epic players are cry babies, brace yourself for truth impact!.

"These titles are not available in the Epic cluster, since it has faster skillgain."

Oficial statement.

• Like 2

Ill give you a reason that is not that epic players are cry babies, brace yourself for truth impact!.

"These titles are not available in the Epic cluster, since it has faster skillgain."

Oficial statement.

This will blow your mind:

This is a suggestions and ideas forum.

And you can't stop people from posting in here, even if it hurts you so much.

This will blow your mind:

This is a suggestions and ideas forum.

And you can't stop people from posting in here, even if it hurts you so much.

It doesnt hurt me at all, Im having a blast!

And post all you want Alec, Ive never said you shouldnt, but the person I quoted wanted a reason other than "bla bla bla crybabies", wich is not a good reason, so I posted one.    I fail to see the issue, or why you feel attacked on a personal level.

It doesnt hurt me at all, Im having a blast!

And post all you want Alec, Ive never said you shouldnt, but the person I quoted wanted a reason other than "bla bla bla crybabies", wich is not a good reason, so I posted one.    I fail to see the issue, or why you feel attacked on a personal level.

Clearly no one is happy about: "These titles are not available in the Epic cluster, since it has faster skillgain."

If so no one would have posted about it, so that line is obviously the reason that all these two threads were made, don't know how you hope to someone that is againts it to take it as "good reason" seriously I can't see the logic of doing that. Don't know if it is cuz you run out of arguments or what.

And theres not need to worry about me, I'm not feeling attacked on a personal level, I'm actually having fun watching the drama, and watching freedomers doing some forum PvP, and I'm interested to see if devs will keep acting like if they were unaware of all this drama that was made cuz of them. Seriously Wurms devs don't stop to amaze me when it comes to handle its playerbase.

I will need more popcorns.

Clearly no one is happy about: "These titles are not available in the Epic cluster, since it has faster skillgain."

Im happy about that, it sounds right to me.   In a game that rewards time and effort invested, its perfectly logical.

Still don't understand why the dev team makes stupid decisions like these, and doesnt try to rebound them at all.

I vote craters on Freedom. :3

• Like 1

I don't need to do anything, you'd just prefer it that way because you are upset with my side of the argument.  It's like Rathgar said in his post, quoting official words; that is reason enough is it not?  If it isn't enough reason it's because epic players are so upset that they can't just deal with it.

• Like 1

I don't need to do anything, you'd just prefer it that way because you are upset with my side of the argument.  It's like Rathgar said in his post, quoting official words; that is reason enough is it not?  If it isn't enough reason it's because epic players are so upset that they can't just deal with it.

The whole point of this suggestion is that some of us don't agree with that official statement so obviously we're not just going to deal with it we're going to let ourselves be heard. There are pages and pages of replies arguing that Rolf's reasoning behind leaving the feature off epic was silly and it wasn't just epic players that thought so. If you'd go through the thread you'll see that a number of freedom players think it's silly as well so it's kinda stupid that you just pin it on epic players that want this and are arguing for it. Claims like these and pointing fingers at epic players just gets to the heart of the matter and shows that for some people this has nothing to do with the feature itself and is just an opportunity to attack epic, some posters being so openly overt about it they just insult and demean players for wanting it. I'm not saying there hasn't been mud slung on both sides but when people post with hostility it's more than likely what they'll get in return.

• Like 1

It might have to do with that we're on a suggestions board where we suggest changes to "official words"

At this point I think you two are just intentionally saying silly things to get a reaction out of people, which in the end makes you and the group you try to represent look really bad.

• Like 1